Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two errors while starting Sims 4.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two errors while starting Sims 4. Empty Two errors while starting Sims 4.

Post by Guest Thu 16 Mar 2017, 18:05

I have tried literally everything in here to fix my Sims 4 game (It used to work before WITH city living but after reinstalling, errors have started cropping up)
The things I have tried/done include :
Here they are:

Is there anything else I need to try or is that it Sad The point is that it used to work before I installed and uninstalled sims 3 (Which I got fro games4theworld too) but now it shows multiple errrors which include :

• "Run the game as administrator as if you are running it the first time" This happens when I try to open the application twice.
  • "Unable to start Origin. Please make sure that Origin is running before starting Sims 4" When I open it once and wait. It shows blank screen before opening and then shows this Sad

Any Help? (Also I'm new on this forums so go easy on me on the rules thingy. I just know how to add the spoiler tag because I am a former member of another forums.

Back to top Go down

Two errors while starting Sims 4. Empty Re: Two errors while starting Sims 4.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 17 Mar 2017, 08:10

Hello and welcome to the Forum @IVIayhem,

So do you have Origin installed NOW, or not? Did you make sure to be completely signed out of Origin, and to close all Origin-related windows including the log-in prompt? Running Origin in "offline mode" won't work. 

And you can have a cracked TS4 & TS3 installed at the same time, with no issues whatsoever.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Mar 2017, 11:11

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Hello and welcome to the Forum @IVIayhem,

So do you have Origin installed NOW, or not? Did you make sure to be completely signed out of Origin, and to close all Origin-related windows including the log-in prompt? Running Origin in "offline mode" won't work. 

And you can have a cracked TS4 & TS3 installed at the same time, with no issues whatsoever.
No, I uninstalled Origin. Thanks for telling me about the 2nd part though, I thought it was kinda because of the sims 3 interfering with the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 17 Mar 2017, 16:42

I wonder if having an improperly uninstalled Origin can cause the issue as well. In general, it's a good idea to NEVER uninstall anything under Windows OS unless you are 1000% sure you know how to remove it properly. 

In the meantime, google for the tool "CCleaner", I believe there is also a free version available of it. Download and install it, and let it scan your C: drive. Delete the found results (using the program should be self-explanatory). After that, re-boot the computer, and then try the game again. To make sure, try running it as Administrator by right-clicking on the .exe or the desktop shortcut and choosing "run as Administrator".

I know I sound like a broken record, but again: please DON'T just blindly uninstall/reinstall stuff, at least not under Windows OS. This is almost always a source of further troubles. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Mar 2017, 17:17

Oh! I JUST got it fixed! But I DO NOT KNOW WHICH ONES OF THESE SOLVED IT!
After I uninstalled Lavasoft there were still 4 files in System32 and SysWOW64 but I could not uninstall them because they were held under Mc Afee anti virus so I had to uninstall Mc Afee, then restart the system then remove those files.
So it was either Mc Afee (which had been expired anyways) OR those 4 DLL files of Lavasoft.

So if people WITH MC Afee have this problem they could uninstall Mc Afee, run Sims 4 for the 1st time and then reinstall Mc Afee Anti Virus Smile

Edit (I was being rude not to say this) : Thanks for the game and thanks for replying to me Smile

Last edited by IVIayhem on Fri 17 Mar 2017, 17:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to say Thank you)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top