Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just wanted to help some people here.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just wanted to help some people here. Empty Just wanted to help some people here.

Post by Guest Fri 17 Mar 2017, 12:23

Hi everyone. It's Juni. 

Before you start saying that this isn't my job to do - let me stop you right there and tell you it's you I'm doing it for. I've been on this forum as a guest for years and now I'm a member of it and I felt that I could help people. 
So, the reason I'm writing this is The Sims 4 actually. 

Yeah, that everlasting problematic game. 

I just wanted to point out a few things to you that you absolutely HAVE GOT TO keep in mind and MUST DO in order to avoid most of the common problems with it. I shall bold them now: 

- Firstly - MOST IMPORTANT of all: YOU DO NOT NEED THE FIX WHEN YOU INSTALL CITY LIVING - YOU NEED IT FOR EVERYTHING ELSE IF YOU DO NOT WANT CITY LIVING THOUGH. 
- Secondly - FOR A SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION OF CITY LIVING YOU DO NEED HOWEVER all the previous expansions and the base game of course. 
- Third - READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BOTH THOSE IN NOTEPAD AND THOSE IN PDF FORMAT. THEY'RE NOT THE SAME IN SOME WAYS. 
- DO NOT SKIP STEPS OR JUST RUN THROUGH THE DOCUMENT - READ IT THOROUGHLY. You'll be surprised at how many things you'd missed. 
- FOR CITY LIVING ISSUES: YOU ONLY NEED THAT NOT THE FIX WHEN YOU INSTALL/APPLY IT IN THE GAME FOLDER. 
- Also make sure that YOU DO NOT HAVE ORIGIN RUNNING and that YOU'RE TRYING TO TURN THE GAME ON VIA THE RIGHT EXE. FILE - MIND YOUR CONFIGURATION WHETHER IT'S X32 BIT OR X64 BIT IT MATTERS. 
-DO NOT OVERADD CC AND ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU USE CC FROM SAFE SITES - Make sure the CC you use is safe and not with malware of with a glitch. Always download from secure sites and do not overdo it because sometimes - 50% of the game problems cases are caused by faulty or overdo of CC. Side note: To make the CC work go in-game and in the Settings on Gameplay make sure to check the Allow Custom Content box. That way they'll show up in-game. 

AND LAST WHICH IS MOST IMPORTANT: DO NOT TRUST OTHER SITES CLAIMING TO HAVE DLC'S THAT THIS SITE DOES NOT YET HAVE. THEY'RE FALSE AND WILL RUIN YOUR COMPUTERS AND SCAM YOU. 

THANK YOU FOR READING I HOPE I HELPED SOMEONE TODAY. 

p.s. Also I'll write a small Sims 4 guide for all those who just now are giving it a go.  Yess, aye lieeke!

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to help some people here. Empty Re: Just wanted to help some people here.

Post by Guest Fri 17 Mar 2017, 13:33

Help is always appreciated, however, what is so difficult about the installation of the Sims 4.
The base game installs by clicking on setup and after installtion move the install folder out of Electronic Arts.
Get to Work: Simply select all files and folders and copy them over to your installation folder.
Get Together: same as Get to Work
City Living: same as Get to Work and Get Together.
64-bits Windows users do not have to bother about anti-virus as the "culprit" RldOrigin.dll that is regarded as a virus is replaced by RldOrigin_x64.dll which is not regarded as a virus (strange enough).

Besides the G4TW downloads there are other sites also offering 100% virus-free downloads, mostly in a 1-click installation for all DLC's upto and incl. City Living (f.e. Fitgirl).
If you want to contribute in trustful downloads, make a copy of your own installation folder and upload it.
Such an upload can be downloaded and played without any installation at all.

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to help some people here. Empty Re: Just wanted to help some people here.

Post by Guest Fri 17 Mar 2017, 14:26

Oh well sorry I said the only reliable downloads are from you guys then. It's just I've tried other people's downloads for Sims 3 for example and it wasn't working, whereas yours worked like a charm. So that's why I recommend you to everyone. And no problem, happy to help also wrote the guide not sure where it got posted though heh C:

//EDIT

Also, I was referring to the other problems aside from the installation itself. You guys covered that pretty much entirely with the Instructions from the game packages you're giving us so xD

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 17 Mar 2017, 16:05

Juni✔️ wrote:Oh well sorry I said the only reliable downloads are from you guys then. It's just I've tried other people's downloads for Sims 3 for example and it wasn't working, whereas yours worked like a charm. So that's why I recommend you to everyone. And no problem, happy to help also wrote the guide not sure where it got posted though heh C:

//EDIT

Also, I was referring to the other problems aside from the installation itself. You guys covered that pretty much entirely with the Instructions from the game packages you're giving us so xD

Thanks for posting this!   pig
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Mar 2017, 16:48

You're welcome check the game guide I posted. I know its super large and the pictures aren't perfectly set but it'll help people I hope Smile Also not sure where I actually posted it  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 17 Mar 2017, 16:59

Juni✔️ wrote:You're welcome check the game guide I posted. I know its super large and the pictures aren't perfectly set but it'll help people I hope Smile Also not sure where I actually posted it  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

I moved your post to the "tips & tricks" section. You can find your topics by clicking in the top right under "Welcome [your username]" and then "My topics" - unless they were deleted by a Moderator.

Just wanted to help some people here. 72addf8778274b4ba860856f20a43f51

The direct link to your thread is here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29470-the-sims-4-sort-of-brief-in-game-guide

Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Mar 2017, 17:00

Oh okay well I knew about the welcome screen I just didn't really see where it went to I mean in which topic. Thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top