Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to download Sims Medieval? (Doing this for the first time!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to download Sims Medieval? (Doing this for the first time!) Empty How to download Sims Medieval? (Doing this for the first time!)

Post by Guest Thu 29 Dec 2011, 04:05

So yes, I am a noob. This is my first time doing all of this.

Okay, so I downloaded the Sims Medieval Ultimate Fix. I got it at this link:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t916-the-sims-medieval-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

After downloading, I read the installation guide, which made absolutely no sense. The second step says that I need to drag & drop the ‘TSLHost.dll’ and the ‘TSM.exe’ files to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin. How do I get to this folder? I don't think it even exists on my computer!

One more thing: is this Ultimate Fix the base game for Sims Medieval? I'm doing this for the first time, so please explain everything as clearly as possible! Thank you! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

How to download Sims Medieval? (Doing this for the first time!) Empty Re: How to download Sims Medieval? (Doing this for the first time!)

Post by Admin Thu 29 Dec 2011, 10:49

Hello,

There are two Medieval games. There's the base The Sims Medieval game and there's an expansion for the game: The Sims Medieval: Pirates & Nobles .
In order for the Fix to work, you MUST install Pirates & Nobles. (As written in the instructions) Note that we created the Fix to make it possible for you guys to update the game, without the need of reinstalling everything and finding a working crack.

In order to get to that folder, please do as following: Go to (My) Computer > Double-click the "C:" drive in there > In there open the "Program Files (x86) folder > Now open the Electronic Arts folder etc etc.
If you installed Medieval, that folder should exist.

Please let me know if I can provide any more assistance.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

How to download Sims Medieval? (Doing this for the first time!) Empty Re: How to download Sims Medieval? (Doing this for the first time!)

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 29 Dec 2011, 11:33

Hello,
I wouldn't ask this normally, but since you said you were doing this for the first time: Did you download and install the game at all? The fix is a tool to patch and crack the game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2011, 00:14

Hi,
I actually came to that conclusion last night! Very Happy I'm currently downloading the Sims Medieval base game on uTorrent. I think that's why I didn't understand the instructions on the Fix; I needed to download the base game first!

Please excuse my absolute inexperience. I also have one more question: I have the Fix, Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles, and the Sims Medieval base game is downloading right this minute on my computer. After the download is complete, how do I add an expansion pack to the base game for the fix to work?
Thanks in advance! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 30 Dec 2011, 00:53

Hello,
Don't worry about being inexperienced, we all were at some point! Now, here's what you do:
First extract the Sims Medieval base game, inside you'll find the installationguide that has all the information you need to install the base game. Do the same for the Pirates&Nobles file after the base game has finished installing. Don't apply the cracks though.
Now, follow the installationguide that came with the fix and you should get the game to work!
Note that you have to use winRAR to extract the files you're downloading or the files may get messed up.
Please let us know the result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2011, 22:52

*drumroll......*

IT WORKS!

So I downloaded and installed everything last night, and everything went smoothly and there were no problems in between. I've been playing the game all morning! Very Happy

I have one last question: if I want to transfer this game onto another computer can I copy JUST the base game with all of the cracks and updates from the fix and Pirates and Nobles already in it? I'm just wondering.

Otherwise, thank you for the help and providing everyone with these resources! I'm off to download Sims 3 now Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 30 Dec 2011, 23:36

allstarJJJ wrote:*drumroll......*

IT WORKS!

So I downloaded and installed everything last night, and everything went smoothly and there were no problems in between. I've been playing the game all morning! Very Happy

I have one last question: if I want to transfer this game onto another computer can I copy JUST the base game with all of the cracks and updates from the fix and Pirates and Nobles already in it? I'm just wondering.

Otherwise, thank you for the help and providing everyone with these resources! I'm off to download Sims 3 now Very Happy
Hello,

No, that is not possible. You'll have to copy the files to the PC you want to install the game on. (Including the Fix, of course)
Then, just repeat the process you did now, to get your own game to work.
Hope this clears up. Have fun playing and please let us know if we can provide more assistance!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male