Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get to Work just won't show in my game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Get to Work just won't show in my game Empty Get to Work just won't show in my game

Post by Guest Sun 02 Apr 2017, 15:39

Greetings, everybody. I have some problems regarding The Sims 4, and need your help to solve it.  Why.

So, I have installed The Sims 4 base game without any updates few weeks before and everything went just fine. I also have applied Ultimate Fix to it and still doing fine, all updates are inside the game. Then I decided to add Get To Work expansion pack and downloaded it from Games4The World. After unrar it, I drag and move the folders into my Sims 4 folders. After that, I tried to run the game, but a message popped up, saying "Unable to start the game. .... run on a newer version...." or something like that. (I don't really remember the lines =-D). So, I applied the Ultimate Fix back, with the EP01, etc folders still being there. And the game gos fine, only without any Get to Work objects or careers inside the game.

Are my steps of installing it right already? And if they are, what is the problem then? But if they aren't, will you all please help me with the correct steps? I really appreciate every help from you guys. Thank you very much before.  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Regards,

RickYo98

//EDIT

If it might help, I install my game in the D directory because my C directory is smaller in size in comparison to D...  Get to Work just won't show in my game 4011807745

Back to top Go down

Get to Work just won't show in my game Empty Re: Get to Work just won't show in my game

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Apr 2017, 19:11

RickYo98 wrote:Greetings, everybody. I have some problems regarding The Sims 4, and need your help to solve it.  Why.

So, I have installed The Sims 4 base game without any updates few weeks before and everything went just fine. I also have applied Ultimate Fix to it and still doing fine, all updates are inside the game. Then I decided to add Get To Work expansion pack and downloaded it from Games4The World. After unrar it, I drag and move the folders into my Sims 4 folders. After that, I tried to run the game, but a message popped up, saying "Unable to start the game. .... run on a newer version...." or something like that. (I don't really remember the lines =-D). So, I applied the Ultimate Fix back, with the EP01, etc folders still being there. And the game gos fine, only without any Get to Work objects or careers inside the game.

Are my steps of installing it right already? And if they are, what is the problem then? But if they aren't, will you all please help me with the correct steps? I really appreciate every help from you guys. Thank you very much before.  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Regards,

RickYo98

//EDIT

If it might help, I install my game in the D directory because my C directory is smaller in size in comparison to D...  Get to Work just won't show in my game 4011807745

Hello and welcome to the Forum @RickYo98,

The reason you are having these issues is because you applied the Ultimate fix; it is not meant to be used in your case. It's difficult to explain, but the current TS4 Update-Only Ultimate is like the latest patch, just without any DLC. If you apply the fix, and then one of the earlier DLC, it is totally going mess up withe the chronological install order.

In order to fix your issue, re-copy and re-paste all G4TW-DLC, into your TS4 folder. Start with Get to Work, then Get together, and then City Living. A.k.a. steps #3, #4 and #5 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Get to Work just won't show in my game Empty Re: Get to Work just won't show in my game

Post by Guest Mon 03 Apr 2017, 06:26

Thank you very much for the explanation, @The_gh0stm4nVery Happy

So, will I be able to get the newest patch, but without installing Get Together and City Living? Sorry if I asked too much  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Regards, 

RickYo98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Apr 2017, 11:01

The what you called "run a newer version" error can easliy be solved by removing the file GameVersion from the folder Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Apr 2017, 16:09

@Tarac Thank you for the tip, I'll try it and let you know how it goes!  Very Happy

Regards, 

RickYo98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Apr 2017, 19:51

@The_gh0stm4n Can you maybe upload the Sims 4 Collection onto my PC without me having to download them? (TeamViewer)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Apr 2017, 03:15

hi
i installed sims 4 from G4TW and it is working fine. then i installed get to work, game opened but it says that the data is missing (therefore i am not able to see any world). Help Please

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Apr 2017, 11:25

saniya wrote:hi
i installed sims 4 from G4TW and it is working fine. then i installed get to work, game opened but it says that the data is missing (therefore i am not able to see any world). Help Please
Did you perhaps apply the ultimate fix ?
That fix is intended for playing the base game only and no expansions.
Re-install basegame again - no fix - then Get to Work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Apr 2017, 12:30

Tarac wrote:
saniya wrote:hi
Did you perhaps apply the ultimate fix ?
That fix is intended for playing the base game only and no expansions.
Re-install basegame again - no fix - then Get to Work.
No, did not install the ultimate fix. I just kind of solv it but I'm not 100% cool with it. I deleted the Electronic Arts  folder from Documents and it runs. But I can't play with mods..Any suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Apr 2017, 14:06

Just_Apples wrote:@The_gh0stm4n Can you maybe upload the Sims 4 Collection onto my PC without me having to download them? (TeamViewer)

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

I'm sorry, but I really don't have the time anymore (these days) for things like that. If you need help with torrenting, check this guide here. For installation, see the topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Apr 2017, 15:19

Etiquette wrote:No, did not install the ultimate fix. I just kind of solv it but I'm not 100% cool with it. I deleted the Electronic Arts  folder from Documents and it runs. But I can't play with mods..Any suggestions?
When you deleted the folder Electronic Arts from Documents, you also destroyed the folder The Sims 4 with all previous achievements incl. your mods
When you then booted your game, it created a new folder Electronic Arts in Documents and a new folder The Sims 4.
You now have a complete new game, no self made Sims, Lots, Families aso.
And, apparently, the game works perfectly without Mods. If you still want mods., you'll have to re-install them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Apr 2017, 22:12

In my case, it`s the Get Together and Spa pack that is not in my game I is confused I`ve installed it just like it says not only once but 4 times, and read everywhere, but I can`t find the sulution anywhere. I have not installed the fix and I have dragged the sims file out of Electronic Art folder I is confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Apr 2017, 10:22

Ochalnin wrote:In my case, it`s the Get Together and Spa pack that is not in my game I is confused I`ve installed it just like it says not only once but 4 times, and read everywhere, but I can`t find the sulution anywhere. I have not installed the fix and I have dragged the sims file out of Electronic Art folder I is confused
Maybe you must download Get Together again, unless you installed in the wrong order:
1. Base Game
2. Get to Work
3. Get Together
4. City Living

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Apr 2017, 23:40

I`ll try that. I installed it in that exact order 4 times ^_^'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Apr 2017, 03:20

I don`t get a popup saying the file already exist with Get Together, does that mean anything? ^_^'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Apr 2017, 04:03

Never mind, I am a moron -.- I accidentaly pasted the files inside the game file.. ^_^''

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top