Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with Parenthood and temp fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems with Parenthood and temp fix Empty Problems with Parenthood and temp fix

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 06:20

When I tried playing parenthood, no temp fix, I got the eternal household loading screen. When I tried using the temp fix, as suggested when the same issue occurred previously with the toddlers update and vampire dlc, the household loads but it strips the game of the parenthood content. 

Are we waiting on a new version of the temporary fix for parenthood?

Back to top Go down

Problems with Parenthood and temp fix Empty Re: Problems with Parenthood and temp fix

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 07:18

montpython77 wrote:When I tried playing parenthood, no temp fix, I got the eternal household loading screen. When I tried using the temp fix, as suggested when the same issue occurred previously with the toddlers update and vampire dlc, the household loads but it strips the game of the parenthood content. 

Same here, infinite household loading screen is back!

I tried merging the new Game folder with my existing Game_ folder, didn't work.

Back to top Go down

Problems with Parenthood and temp fix Empty Re: Problems with Parenthood and temp fix

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 12:32

Okay my game works now! (at least for now)

What I did was reinstall the whole thing, I backed up & deleted the old Game folder (instead of renaming it to Game_) and I put in the temp fix Game folder for Vampires/Toddlers update. So when I installed the Parenthood update, a new Game folder will merge with the temp fix Game folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 18:25

montpython77 wrote:When I tried playing parenthood, no temp fix, I got the eternal household loading screen. When I tried using the temp fix, as suggested when the same issue occurred previously with the toddlers update and vampire dlc, the household loads but it strips the game of the parenthood content. 

Hi!  Smile

The new game folder should replace the old 'fix' game as folder and as such, there's no need for the fix for the latest update. Delete the Game_bin (or whatever you rename it to) and try to paste the new update again. Alternatively, you could try to re-install everything again and see if the bug is still present. Else, if you have any mods/CC try to remove them from your game.

PS: I personally have no problems with the endless loading, so if this happens to be a major bug with everyone, I think G4TW will provide a fix. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 19:16

Thanks guys! currently reinstalling just to be safe! hopefully everything works out this time Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 19:39

Ok so infinite loading screen has been replaced by loading back to town selection menu. Guess its wait and watch for a fix time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 19:47

I'm having the same issues but I just downloaded both the vampires and parenthood so I'm not sure if it's one or the other causing the problem for me, though I doubt it since parenthood should've replaced the files causing the problems. I'm gonna try to hunt for a solution. I'll let you know what I find and if I got it fixed.

Update: I got past the loading screen after completely deleting the exact folders that are included in the parenthood torrent and moving them over again. I don't know why that solved the issue for me, with being how basic it was, but it did. Be careful not to delete files or folders that are not included, I just skipped those over, and make copies in case what worked for me doesn't work for you. 
Otherwise, looking around it looks like some people got lucky and some got stuck with the **** end of the stick so good luck.

Last edited by Twittle on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 20:02; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : update)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 10:54

Twittle wrote:I'm having the same issues but I just downloaded both the vampires and parenthood so I'm not sure if it's one or the other causing the problem for me, though I doubt it since parenthood should've replaced the files causing the problems. I'm gonna try to hunt for a solution. I'll let you know what I find and if I got it fixed.

Update: I got past the loading screen after completely deleting the exact folders that are included in the parenthood torrent and moving them over again. I don't know why that solved the issue for me, with being how basic it was, but it did. Be careful not to delete files or folders that are not included, I just skipped those over, and make copies in case what worked for me doesn't work for you. 
Otherwise, looking around it looks like some people got lucky and some got stuck with the **** end of the stick so good luck.

When you say that you deleted the exact folders that were included in Parenthood, which folders are you talking about? I'm gonna try your method, I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 14:37

montpython77 wrote:Ok so infinite loading screen has been replaced by loading back to town selection menu. Guess its wait and watch for a fix time?

Hi,

Have you tried re-doing 'Game folder' step? You can take a look at this reply here if you're unsure. Alternatively, you can try to start your game anew with a fresh save, though do back-up your saves folder first. In most cases, it's actually a corrupted save that leads you back to the main menu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top