Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MISSING FILES

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MISSING FILES Empty MISSING FILES

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jun 2017, 11:20

I downloaded The Sims 4 and all the other packs, and did it all correctly. The game worked and I started to play, but when I had 4 neighbors in my house, I clicked on one of them and let them help me with the homework, after that, none of the sims could move, they were just standing there, so I decided to exit the game, I couldn't, so I just Alt-tab my way out then just closed the window from the taskbar but it won't go away. I turn off my computer, then the next day I went to the Game-Bin to open the Sims 4, but the applications were missing, a lot of the .dll and .ini s weren't there. I copied and pasted the files in the Bin from all the packs but it said the game were missing some files. And also, it deleted the msvcr120 and msvcp dll files in my system32 which I downloaded..

Back to top Go down

MISSING FILES Empty Re: MISSING FILES

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 14 Jun 2017, 11:43

Hello,

Sounds like your Antivirus software may have had something to do with that. Cracks are often picked up as malicious software, and quarantined or removed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jun 2017, 11:58

Ɛɗιη wrote:Hello,

Sounds like your Antivirus software may have had something to do with that. Cracks are often picked up as malicious software, and quarantined or removed.

I don't have an antivirus software on my computer. I do have a Windows Defender but it won't remove or quarantine the files unless I let it do it. But I just found out that one of my other apps had Trojan virus so I had it removed with Windows Defender, does that virus have to do with the missing files?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jun 2017, 15:31

Hi there,

If you're 'careful' and always wary about what you download, you can 'safely' turn off windows defender during downloading/installing. When you run the game now, what is the exact error?

If your .dll files keeps getting deleted, your windows defender or any malware removing tool is persistent in doing it's job.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top