Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Adventures Installation Guide (Regional Code)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Adventures Installation Guide (Regional Code) Empty World Adventures Installation Guide (Regional Code)

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jul 2012, 05:01

I may have worded that wrong but I'll just explain. I bought the Sims 3 Deluxe long ago along with late night. But sadly i lost the ambitions disc, and when my computer was hit with a nasty virus i had to reformat my hard drive so Im trying to reinstall, I am currently looking for ambitions disc but i got bored and found this on thepiratebay, then i got a little greedy and downloaded the other expansions that i didnt buy. I didnt download the Sims 3 the original from you guys because i already have the disc didnt download late night either.

To the point!
I installed the sims 3 using my disk and its code. Everything runs properly. I read the How to install sims 3 correctly and decided that the alternate method would be easier. I installed Katy Perry Sweet treats, did not use # crack or anything just left it. Then step 3 is where is i get stuck!
It would appear that I have a different regional code than World Adventures does...I find it odd that Katy Perry installed properly with no problems but World Adventures is having trouble. I tried to read the installation guide but honestly it was a bit gibberish to me I didnt see why all that needed to be done....soooo I read other posts and its the Sku file....thats all fine and dandy but my question now is if i am using my sims 3 disk do i still have to do all the patching and stuff? that is in step 3? Also i have not read the installation guides of the other expansions but if they have patches also is it for the sims 3 game itself or the expansion?

Back to top Go down

World Adventures Installation Guide (Regional Code) Empty Re: World Adventures Installation Guide (Regional Code)

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 15 Jul 2012, 09:40

Hello,

No you don't need to do any of what you find written in the installation guide, since it's obsolete, except for the instructions to change SKU. We all need to do that prior to installing WA and again if you wanted to install Outdoor Living Stuff.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

World Adventures Installation Guide (Regional Code) Empty Missing files?

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jul 2012, 04:57

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

No you don't need to do any of what you find written in the installation guide, since it's obsolete, except for the instructions to change SKU. We all need to do that prior to installing WA and again if you wanted to install Outdoor Living Stuff.

I'm having the same problem with the regional code, EXCEPT: I can get to
the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ but under the software, the sims 3
isn't there. I have the disk for the sims 3. Do I need to install other
expansion packs first?

Back to top Go down

World Adventures Installation Guide (Regional Code) Empty Re: World Adventures Installation Guide (Regional Code)

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 16 Jul 2012, 09:16

Hello,

No, try to find the entry here in stead: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sims > The Sims 3
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 16 Jul 2012, 09:17

ghostly.wish wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

I'm having the same problem with the regional code, EXCEPT: I can get to
the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ but under the software, the sims 3
isn't there. I have the disk for the sims 3. Do I need to install other
expansion packs first?
Hello,

Please open your own topic, so we can provide more personal support and to make it easier for us to track progress. Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 16 Jul 2012, 09:19

Admin wrote:

Please open your own topic, so we can provide more personal support and to make it easier for us to track progress. Thank you!

Whoops I hadn't noticed, sorry about that.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top