Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nostalgia

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nostalgia Empty Nostalgia

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jan 2012, 14:27

Do you remember the first game you ever played?

My memories are a little foggy, but hey its been at least 25 years, I was 6 or 7. I know my father had an Acorn Electron. As far as I remember, it used a regular tv as a monitor and games were on cassettes just like music was. I think this was before we had cd's at all lol. These cassette's made the most awful noise before the game would actually start. I played games like pac man, frogger, space invaders. But my favourite game as a little girl was Xor.

The first pc we owned was, I believe, a 3-86. I'm quite sure it had Windows 3.11. I remember the first time I used it quite well. My father showed me paint and how the mouse could be used to draw pictures. I remember thinking, that I could never get used to working with the mouse! But eventually I did Smile.
I played Jill of the Jungle on it, Commander Keen, Warcraft: Orcs&Humans, Transport Tycoon and Ecoquest 2. Probably more than those, but I remember these well. I don't know how dad got these games though, I never saw any cd's except for Warcraft.
I still play these from time to time on a dosbox.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Nostalgia Empty Re: Nostalgia

Post by Admin Sun 08 Jan 2012, 16:22

Hi there,

First game ever played? I think I started playing actual games on the Playstation 1, lol.
The first PC I got was from one of my dad's friends. It really was a crap PC, don't know what model, but they thought me - just like you - how to open Paint and create... art, I guess. It was fun as hell.
Then I got another (still crap) PC. You know the oldskool ones with the huge screens. (In a negative way) I could play low-end games on it. I didn't need anything better. I started with games like this: https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5192898
And another race game from which I forgot the name. After a few years, the PC got a virus and we just threw it away and bought a new, modern PC.
After another few years, I built my own PC. I think this one will do for another 10 years. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jan 2012, 16:33

LOL I remember those huge screens vividly. I've been using a flat monitor for the past 5 years but before that I had a 17" screen that weighed a ton.
The only racing game I ever played was Mariokart on my sisters Nintendo 64. I've never really gotten into consoles though.
I'm hoping to build a pc that can last. This one sure has. My newest part (the videocard) is almost 5 years old. And I only replaced it because it stopped working.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 08 Jan 2012, 16:50

Lady ElDi wrote:LOL I remember those huge screens vividly. I've been using a flat monitor for the past 5 years but before that I had a 17" screen that weighed a ton.
The only racing game I ever played was Mariokart on my sisters Nintendo 64. I've never really gotten into consoles though.
I'm hoping to build a pc that can last. This one sure has. My newest part (the videocard) is almost 5 years old. And I only replaced it because it stopped working.
Lady ElDi, time to save up some money for a new PC!
So, you never really gotten into consoles, but then you took an arrow to the knee.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jan 2012, 16:56

I think 2012 will be a good year lol.
Hopefully I'll have the money within a couple of months, when the time comes I will definitely ask for your input.

Last edited by Lady ElDi on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 17:22; edited 1 time in total
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 17:07

pff it isn't even that far in the past becuz im 13 old now but, its already hard to remember.
I think playing Mario 64 at my cousins house, after that I directly bought one too Wink Beautiful moment, it was really the most modern thing ever in gaming.

It can be too it was the 'old gameboy which we played mario world on, dunno which.
Mario though.

some year(s) later I got a REALLY low-end computer which was slow as hell. I played the cracked zylom game Insanaqarium (or so) on it. Laggy as hell but you dunno what tha fun we had (with my brothas')
Then I played RCT1 and 2 on a still low-end pc without any internet ;P

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 08 Jan 2012, 17:14

Ah, Rollercoaster Tycoon, awesome game series, still love them. Never play them though...

It doesn't matter how slow your PC is, as long as you have fun... I guess.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 17:25

Yes true, though it was véry frustrating that when I just made my park so cool the saving failed and I had to do everything over again Sad (caused by a mistake in the downloade or something, I could never save my game. So sometimes I just didn't shut down that pc, which made a aweful sound, on for entire days, just to finish my park:P)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top