Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is Wrong with my Game: Careers not Working, World not Loading ~Long Post~ [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is Wrong with my Game: Careers not Working, World not Loading ~Long Post~ [SOLVED] Empty What is Wrong with my Game: Careers not Working, World not Loading ~Long Post~ [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Jun 2017, 18:58

First, I would like to apologize how long this is going to be because I've tried multiple solutions to solve this problem before I came here (as to not bother anybody here).

Everything was working okay BEFORE I downloaded the Parenthood and new patch. But, obviously, I still want these.

Here's my original problem: When a career has options like "Work from home" or "Join", my Sim walks to the road, disappears, immediately reappears, and it still says they're at work. Normal careers such as Tech Guru or Secret Agent are fine. Careers like the Get to Work ones and Social Media, Politics, and modded careers like Fashion and University don't work. I can't even join anymore. When the work day ends, it still says they're at work.

I've tried multiple things: playing a new household when it happens, completely removing my mods and ccs, completely removing my mods folder, completely removing my save folder, and completely removing my The Sims 4 folder in documents.

Moving the Sims 4 folder from documents has created another problem: a household won't even load. It tries to, but sends me back to the world select screen.

Please, somebody help me. I haven't found anything that could help.

Back to top Go down

What is Wrong with my Game: Careers not Working, World not Loading ~Long Post~ [SOLVED] Empty Re: What is Wrong with my Game: Careers not Working, World not Loading ~Long Post~ [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jun 2017, 16:21

Hi there,

The only thing I can suggest is to re-install your game again. Test out each pack, without mods or saves (You can just move OUT the sims 4 folder) and see where the problem starts. If it is indeed Parenthood, make sure that your mods are disabled or you do no have any 'lingering mods' somewhere in the folder.

Back to top Go down

What is Wrong with my Game: Careers not Working, World not Loading ~Long Post~ [SOLVED] Empty Re: What is Wrong with my Game: Careers not Working, World not Loading ~Long Post~ [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jun 2017, 07:38

I just re-installed and made a household. It loaded in, and my sim went to her culinary job and stayed the whole day. I'll post updates as I add in dlcs, just in case anybody else has this problem

Update #1 - Get to Work: Created sim, household loaded, sent alone to Scientist gtw career worked, joined work day worked

Update #2 - Get Together: Created sim, household loaded, went to Criminal job, stayed, came back fine
Bug: Llama pictures at Newscrest, not a big deal, saw a forum for it before. Will fix later.

Update #3 - City Living: Created sim, household loaded, sent to work as Social Media, worked all day, came home at the end
Bug: Picks up dishes, stacks them, then sets them on the floor. Not a big deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jun 2017, 22:11

Ageha wrote:Hi there,

The only thing I can suggest is to re-install your game again. Test out each pack, without mods or saves (You can just move OUT the sims 4 folder) and see where the problem starts. If it is indeed Parenthood, make sure that your mods are disabled or you do no have any 'lingering mods' somewhere in the folder.
I activated the Toddler and Vampire pack and installed the endless loading screen fix (new game folder + old game folder being renamed to Game_). Now, when I try to load up the house, it sends me to the world select screen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 20:39

Hi,

Have you also update to Parenthood as well? And the update to the latest patch (to fix the send back to map error). There's also a new stuff pack as well here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 20:51

Ageha wrote:Hi,

Have you also update to Parenthood as well? And the update to the latest patch (to fix the send back to map error). There's also a new stuff pack as well here.
I'll do those in a bit, sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 20:52

meowbands wrote:I'll do those in a bit, sorry
Hi,

There's no need to be 'sorry' lol. Do these things at your own pace, leisurely and stress-free. Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jun 2017, 02:21

Ageha wrote:
meowbands wrote:I'll do those in a bit, sorry
Hi,

There's no need to be 'sorry' lol. Do these things at your own pace, leisurely and stress-free. Very Happy Very Happy
HOLY ****.

Pardon my language put my Sim went to her political career with the Fitness pack!!! Oh my god I could just cry with happiness!

I'll start adding my mods a few at a time to make sure!

Thank you SO MUCH!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 17:51

Hahaha! I can sense your excitement!  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy But I'm glad your sim can go to work now.

Feel free to open a new topic if you have anymore problems/bugs.

Cheers!

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top