Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red, white and question mark skin/hair and llama's everywhere [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Red, white and question mark skin/hair and llama's everywhere [SOLVED] Empty Red, white and question mark skin/hair and llama's everywhere [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Jun 2017, 19:14

I decided that I wanted to play today and went through everything to install the latest updates and all that (I had everything up to the vampire and toddlers update. So I needed that, parenthood and the new patch). I did everything exactly how the instructions said and I entered the game perfectly. 

But when I went to make a new sim their skin is all red and white and they have question marks all over. I've been trying to fix it for hours now, even uninstalled the whole game and followed every instruction, but it still looks like that. I also noticed that some of the icons in CAS is now a llama instead of the regular icon. 

I decided to try and hope that it was just a CAS thing and saved a sim to move her in, but she's still the same and I noticed that San Myshuno and Forgotten Hollow has just a llama as their picture instead of a regular neighbourhood picture. 

This is seriously bugging me and I don't know how to fix it. I've tried to search for the problem, but I haven't found anyone else who has the same problem. 

Is there any way to fix this?  

This is how it looks like by the way: 
Red, white and question mark skin/hair and llama's everywhere [SOLVED] TlOyPo

Edit: I tried playing without the latest update and it was fine in CAS, but when I tried to move my sims in and play them it would just pop me back to the menu where we pick neighbourhoods.

Back to top Go down

Red, white and question mark skin/hair and llama's everywhere [SOLVED] Empty Re: Red, white and question mark skin/hair and llama's everywhere [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jun 2017, 12:36

Hey, did you check if one of the mods is making your game like this? I had a similar problem and it was because of outdated mods. So i personally took out of the mod folder everything and run the game to see if it still works. After i found the problematic ones i replaced them with the new mod versions. Did that help?

Back to top Go down

Red, white and question mark skin/hair and llama's everywhere [SOLVED] Empty Re: Red, white and question mark skin/hair and llama's everywhere [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jun 2017, 13:04

LordRiley wrote:Hey, did you check if one of the mods is making your game like this? I had a similar problem and it was because of outdated mods. So i personally took out of the mod folder everything and run the game to see if it still works. After i found the problematic ones i replaced them with the new mod versions. Did that help?

I don't have any mods, so that can't be the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jun 2017, 13:10

Okay, maybe u have a corrupt save file, if you make a new save and make a sim does it have the same problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jun 2017, 13:15

I reinstalled it and I don't have any save files. And this happened when I made a new save file.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jun 2017, 13:37

And you didn't have this problem up until now?  I is confused
Are you sure you are using the right .exe? or the path needs to be changed? I is confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jun 2017, 13:40

LordRiley wrote:And you didn't have this problem up until now?  I is confused
Are you sure you are using the right .exe? or the path needs to be changed? I is confused

Not until I installed the new packs and updates. 

I've done everything that's in the instructions and I've read them multiple times to be sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jun 2017, 13:46

My last guess is: Anti-virus interfierance
I'm stumped if it's not that, I looked it up too...In most cases it was cc  I is confused
I'm sorry good luck Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jun 2017, 13:51

LordRiley wrote:My last guess is: Anti-virus interfierance
I'm stumped if it's not that, I looked it up too...In most cases it was cc  I is confused
I'm sorry good luck Why.

It's not that either, since I put everything I needed into the exception list and it's not blocking my game from starting. 

Thanks, hopefully it'll be fixed soon somehow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jun 2017, 18:33

Those strange happenings normally appear if meshes are missing. Have you tried redownloading those packs and than installing them again? Could be some corruption in the torrent download. I had it as well, but after installing the missing mesh ( hair and skin ) it was fixed. I still have a nail polish causing that, so I do not use it at all. It's from Jom sims. I do know you dont have mods, but it could be a faulty mesh that comes with the pack.

Last edited by Loonieloose on Sun 18 Jun 2017, 18:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add text)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jun 2017, 21:09

Loonieloose wrote:Those strange happenings normally appear if meshes are missing. Have you tried redownloading those packs and than installing them again? Could be some corruption in the torrent download. I had it as well, but after installing the missing mesh ( hair and skin ) it was fixed. I still have a nail polish causing that, so I do not use it at all. It's from Jom sims. I do know you dont have mods, but it could be a faulty mesh that comes with the pack.

That's what I did and it worked!! I had already done it yesterday and it didn't work, but in lack of anything else to try I tried it again earlier today and it finally worked! I have no idea what happened the two times I had already done it, but I'm happy that it worked the last time. 

Thanks for the help anyway!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jun 2017, 00:13

Glad to hear that Smile

EDIT:
Problem solved; Topic closed.
- Ageha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top