Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Male sims disappear from household after Parenthood download [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Male sims disappear from household after Parenthood download [SOLVED] Empty Male sims disappear from household after Parenthood download [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 01:21

So I just downloaded the Parenthood DLC, and I was having some issues with the loading screen for households running endlessly. I went to the thread that shows the fix for it (Fix for endless household loading screen) and followed option 2. It worked, and I loaded in fine, but all the males in all households/worlds are gone. They are still there physically, but you can't add them back into the household. They're just walking around, still living in the household but I'm not able to control them at all, and their icons have disappeared. I move all of my mods from the folder and tried again, but they were still gone. I made a test male sim in a new game and moved him into an empty lot exited/re-entered the game and he's still there. All the males in the new game are still there but the males in my other game are inaccessible. What should I do/what can I do?

Edit: I tried starting a new game and placing male sims into a lot and they just disappear after a minute.

Back to top Go down

Male sims disappear from household after Parenthood download [SOLVED] Empty Re: Male sims disappear from household after Parenthood download [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 22:24

Perhaps they're afraid of the female sims.

Have you also updated to the latest patch before after putting in the fix for the endless loading bug? 

Unfortunately, if your save your game AFTER you found out that the males are missing, there will be gone indefinitely. If you have a previous save with the males still there, you can use that save instead.

Did you test the game with a new male with the mods or without? If it's with, move out the entire sims 4 folder in documents, and test the game again. There's a high chance it's mod related (from the legit game as well). You can also turn the mods option in the game off before testing anything.

Back to top Go down

Male sims disappear from household after Parenthood download [SOLVED] Empty Re: Male sims disappear from household after Parenthood download [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jun 2017, 02:43

I took out my mods, and they haven't disappeared yet, so that's probably the case. I'll have to reintroduce every mod to see what works, then. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 17:04

xenraii wrote:I took out my mods, and they haven't disappeared yet, so that's probably the case. I'll have to reintroduce every mod to see what works, then. Thanks!
I see. You can test the mods by batches instead of one by one if you have too many of them. Or use the mod conflict detector. 
I'll be closing the topic for now. Feel free to open a new one if you have anymore problems/bugs.
Cheers! Very Happy

Problem solved;Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top