Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game not working, telling me to go online to activate all expantisions. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game not working, telling me to go online to activate all expantisions. [SOLVED] Empty Game not working, telling me to go online to activate all expantisions. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 15:46

Hello

I recently decided to get Sims 4 again, i played it alot before the toddlers and vampires addon and it worked fine, when i updated it to the latest version, i cant get it to work, so i uninstalled everything, removed all that has to do with sims 4 from the computer and tried again, from the scratch...

I had some issues with the install, including the game not starting due to origin error, and forgetting to turn off Norton and excluding my folders, but ive done that now, ofc. 

The issue i have now is that for one, it takes a very long time to load the game when i start it, like 3-5 minutes (usually it took 20sec, i have a pretty strong computer) 
And the other issue, the critical one, is that when i try to activate all the addons, it tells me to go online to activate them, and all i can do now is play the vanilla version of The sims 4.

I dont know what to do, i looked around the forums to see if anyone else had this issue, but i could not find any. 
I really apprisiate the help. Thanks for the great support and amazing website.

Best wishes
Enfinfisk

Back to top Go down

Game not working, telling me to go online to activate all expantisions. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game not working, telling me to go online to activate all expantisions. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 16:10

This is what it sais when i try to activate the addons, they are colored in, so they are installed, I just need to activate them?.
Also, this time, i got another window that said that my addons had to update, something about "your extentisions are updateing, blabla, go online...?"

Game not working, telling me to go online to activate all expantisions. [SOLVED] 1110
Game not working, telling me to go online to activate all expantisions. [SOLVED] 1210

Back to top Go down

Game not working, telling me to go online to activate all expantisions. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game not working, telling me to go online to activate all expantisions. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 16:18

It looks like you uninstalled previous installation except the folder The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts.
So it's not actually "vanilla"

I did some testing recently:
Your last use of The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts contains the items installed at that moment. When you do a new install, the program still reverts to the forementioned folder and indicates what items are installed - even when they are not in your install folder.
It then shows a message that missing items are going to be downloaded (which of course in a pirated version never will happen as it is not supposed to contact Origin).

But look at THIS TOPIC for some more information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 03:51

Sorry, it might be me beeing stupid, but i read that topic and i did not get it to work.
You are right in that i forgot to delete the folder in documents, i did that now but still same issue, should i reinstall everything? or is there anything else i can do? 

I hope im not in to big of an inconvinience. Im not very good at this stuff Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 18:46

Hi there,

By activating, what do you mean exactly? Is the EPs/SPs greyed out? If not, it has been installed and there's no need to activate it.

If the DLCs are missing from your game however, try moving the Sims 4 folder from Program Files (x86) to Program Files or Desktop.

The loading actually takes a little longer on my end too, after installing every DLCs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jul 2017, 12:00

This is what it looks like, and when i try to click the colored in icons, it tells me i have to go online, like in the window i sent earlier in this thread.Game not working, telling me to go online to activate all expantisions. [SOLVED] 12311

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jul 2017, 13:14

That always happens when you CLICK on these icons, even with legally bought DLC's.
So nothing to worry about.
When you hover your mouse over the icons it will tell you that you own that DLC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jul 2017, 13:34

Yes, it is exactly like @Tarac says. It appears your DLCs are properly installed so now all you need to do is check in-game if the worlds appear or the most common one is missing vampires.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jul 2017, 13:47

In case you don't "trust" the screen of installed icons, you can simply check the correct working:

1. Go to your install folder\The Sims 4\Game\Bin
2. Open the file RldOrigin.ini with notepad
3. Scroll down to chapter [ENT1]
4. Below CNT=137 you'll find:

IID1=SIMS4.OFF.SOLP.0x000000000001D5F2
ETG1=SP07_KidsRoom_0x000000000001D5F2:120306
GRP1=THESIMS4PC

5. Simply put a semi-colon in front of those lines and save the file

;IID1=SIMS4.OFF.SOLP.0x000000000001D5F2
;ETG1=SP07_KidsRoom_0x000000000001D5F2:120306
;GRP1=THESIMS4PC

When you now start your game the icon for Kidsroom should be greyed and that DLC is no longer in your game.
When you remove the semi-colons again, your game is again complete.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jul 2017, 00:06

I think everything works! Thanks alot for the help all of u!
Best wishes to you, and +karma IRL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jul 2017, 14:18

I'm glad it's working now! Feel free to open a new thread if you have any new problems later on in the game. 
Best wishes to you as well. Very Happy

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top