Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 4 keeps telling me to either update through origin or isn't working with Orange Emu.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 4 keeps telling me to either update through origin or isn't working with Orange Emu. Empty The sims 4 keeps telling me to either update through origin or isn't working with Orange Emu.

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2018, 07:15

i have just re-downloaded all sims 4 games and updates in order and followed instructions perfectly and when i try and start the game a pop up comes up saying origin is running cannot connect to orange emu and another pop up saying i need to update through origin, need help this is the 4 time i have totally deleted everything and re-done it to make sure I've installed everything properly and followed every instruction and still isn't working, about to give up and get the game elsewhere which i really don't want to do Why God.

Back to top Go down

The sims 4 keeps telling me to either update through origin or isn't working with Orange Emu. Empty Re: The sims 4 keeps telling me to either update through origin or isn't working with Orange Emu.

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2018, 09:51

Add "Game\Bin" folder to your anti-virus exception list. Block "Game\Bin\TS4.exe" and "Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe" in your firewall. Make sure that Origin is closed - open task manager and close Origin processes listed there.

Back to top Go down

The sims 4 keeps telling me to either update through origin or isn't working with Orange Emu. Empty Re: The sims 4 keeps telling me to either update through origin or isn't working with Orange Emu.

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2018, 11:19

anadius wrote:Add "Game\Bin" folder to your anti-virus exception list. Block "Game\Bin\TS4.exe" and "Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe" in your firewall. Make sure that Origin is closed - open task manager and close Origin processes listed there.
When you've done that, re-copy the folder Game from the latest version to your install folder

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Oct 2018, 18:44

VampireKitty1996 wrote:(...) i [am] about to give up and get the game elsewhere which i really don't want to do Why God.

"Getting the game elsewhere" would still lead you to nowhere. What a Face  The DRM-bypass designed to allow you to play the game without having purchased it, is the same whether you download it from SkidrowReloaded/FitGirl/G4TW or whatever. In even simpler words: technically, all these games function in the same way. An exception is ZLOrigin, I guess, because the game files are identical to the legal Origin version. But the DRM-bypass is done through their ZClient/ZLOrigin.

But yes, "normal" pirated Sims 4 versions are technically all the same.

Adding to what the previous commenters suggested, look at this here if you are on Windows 10 as well.
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 07:42

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
VampireKitty1996 wrote:(...) i [am] about to give up and get the game elsewhere which i really don't want to do Why God.

"Getting the game elsewhere" would still lead you to nowhere. What a Face  The DRM-bypass designed to allow you to play the game without having purchased it, is the same whether you download it from SkidrowReloaded/FitGirl/G4TW or whatever. In even simpler words: technically, all these games function in the same way. An exception is ZLOrigin, I guess, because the game files are identical to the legal Origin version. But the DRM-bypass is done through their ZClient/ZLOrigin.

But yes, "normal" pirated Sims 4 versions are technically all the same.

Adding to what the previous commenters suggested, look at this here if you are on Windows 10 as well.
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10
I am on windows 7 and i have done everything suggested and i am still getting pop up saying "The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin top play" if you have any suggestions on how to fix would be much appreciated

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 08:35

That means you messed up installation order or simply didn't download the update. Run the validator and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 10:02

[spoiler="report"]
Version: 1.46.18.1020
Folder: The Sims 4

Hash mismatch:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 10:05

anadius wrote:That means you messed up installation order or simply didn't download the update. Run the validator and post the result here.
report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 10:07

Download the latest "Game" folder from here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top