Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IS THERE A WAY TO PUT MY OWN MUSIC IN THE GAME?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IS THERE A WAY TO PUT MY OWN MUSIC IN THE GAME? Empty IS THERE A WAY TO PUT MY OWN MUSIC IN THE GAME?

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 15:06

Like change the music in Sims 4 like when they listen to pop and stuff? Is it possible Ermahgerd ?

Back to top Go down

IS THERE A WAY TO PUT MY OWN MUSIC IN THE GAME? Empty Re: IS THERE A WAY TO PUT MY OWN MUSIC IN THE GAME?

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 15:16

This is what is explained on the sims wiki site

[list defaultattr=]
[*] Choose which songs you want to put in the game. They must be all .mp3 files with a bit rate no larger than 320kbit/s.
[*]Go to your games' "Custom Music" folder which is normally located in C:\Users\you\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Custom Music on Windows and go into the folder for any of the seven stations.
[*]In your selected station's folder, paste (right click and select "Paste" or press CTRL+V) all the songs that you want there.
[*]Start your game, turn on the stereo and select the appropriate station and see if your music works. Note that it will be shared with the audio shipped with the game for that station but those tracks can be disabled individually in the "Game Settings" menu.
[/list]
Note

• Music may not appear automatic playing during the options screen. As stated above it will only play on the radio.
  • There is currently an unpatched glitch that causes custom music to show up as blank files in the options menu. As of right now, until Maxis fixes this issue, there is no way to hear your custom music in game[confirmation needed].
  • This has been observed to work for the Mac version (on 2015-Nov-20):

[list defaultattr=]
[*] In iTunes -> Preferences , General tab, Import Settings... : Import Using: MP3 Encoder. Setting: Higher Quality (192 kbps).
[*]List your music by Songs (upper right corner of iTunes window). Select one or more songs; to start with, just do one or two, until you see what's going on.
[*]Right-click on a selected song; pick "Create MP3 Version". iTunes will create an apparent duplicate (a 192 kbps MP3). Do not lose track of which is the original and which is the duplicate, because we're going to be messing with the duplicate.
[*]Unselect the originals. Select the duplicates. Right-click on one; pick "Convert ID3 tags...". Tick the ID3 tag version box, with the menu box set to "None". Press OK.
[*]iTunes will strip tags from the duplicates. Drag the still-selected duplicates to the appropriate subfolder of Custom Music. They'll be copied in.
[*]I'd suggest removing the tag-stripped duplicates from iTunes.
[*]In-game, the tracks' titles don't show up, but they are playable on the radio.
[/list]

Back to top Go down

IS THERE A WAY TO PUT MY OWN MUSIC IN THE GAME? Empty Re: IS THERE A WAY TO PUT MY OWN MUSIC IN THE GAME?

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 16:09

I can't find the Custom Music folder! Sad

Oops! Found it lol. Thanks! I'll try that out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top