Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to finish installation but I don't have the folder to paste the files into.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trying to finish installation but I don't have the folder to paste the files into. Empty Trying to finish installation but I don't have the folder to paste the files into.

Post by Guest Mon 17 Jul 2017, 21:56

When trying to paste items from the "#crack" I get into my electronic arts folder all it has is the Sims 3 Seasons, it doesn't have "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin" what do I do from here?

Back to top Go down

Trying to finish installation but I don't have the folder to paste the files into. Empty Re: Trying to finish installation but I don't have the folder to paste the files into.

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jul 2017, 10:13

Do you have a shortcut for the Sims 3 on your desktop ?
If so, rightclick on it and select something like Open File Location.
You'll then land directly in the Bin folder.

Back to top Go down

Trying to finish installation but I don't have the folder to paste the files into. Empty Re: Trying to finish installation but I don't have the folder to paste the files into.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 20 Jul 2017, 19:29

casssimarieee wrote:When trying to paste items from the "#crack" I get into my electronic arts folder all it has is the Sims 3 Seasons, it doesn't have "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin" what do I do from here?

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

Maybe you have your base game installation under C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Trying to finish installation but I don't have the folder to paste the files into. Empty Downloaded expansions and stuff packs FROM HERE, now my game keeps crashing and won't save.

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jul 2017, 07:03

I've been trying to fix this for 3 days. I downloaded the expansions and stuff packs from here and added them to previously purchased origin games. I've never had problems with any of my CC or my game. Now it constantly crashes to the desktop and says "Sims3 has stopped working. I was organizing my collections and saved after every collection I finished so if it crashed it would have saved. But of course not, it didn't save and I wasted my time again. I've tried the crashing to desktop fix. added all .exe to the DEP but that isn't working. I already installed the Ultimate fix and that isn't helping either. I'm at the point where I just want to remove everything that I downloaded from here so my game will actually work again, because this is frustrating.I'm not removing my CC cuz I've never had a problem with it,  I'd much rather delete the expansions that are clearly buggy and go back to using my custom content and my game not crashing after everything I do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jul 2017, 11:04

With legally bought games it's very easy to remove pirated expansions.
Just let Origin repair your game

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Jul 2017, 20:51

casssimarieee wrote:I've been trying to fix this for 3 days. I downloaded the expansions and stuff packs from here and added them to previously purchased origin games. I've never had problems with any of my CC or my game. Now it constantly crashes to the desktop and says "Sims3 has stopped working. I was organizing my collections and saved after every collection I finished so if it crashed it would have saved. But of course not, it didn't save and I wasted my time again. I've tried the crashing to desktop fix. added all .exe to the DEP but that isn't working. I already installed the Ultimate fix and that isn't helping either. I'm at the point where I just want to remove everything that I downloaded from here so my game will actually work again, because this is frustrating.I'm not removing my CC cuz I've never had a problem with it,  I'd much rather delete the expansions that are clearly buggy and go back to using my custom content and my game not crashing after everything I do.

//MERGED

I merged your (new) post to the other topic you opened earlier, since you almost immediately encountered a follow-up issue. Did you also have a look at this post here?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21716-excessive-frame-rendering-in-the-sims-3-updated-on-16-12-2015

Excessive frame rendering is known to cause crashes as well. Other than that, what about your computer specs? Is your computer hardware-wise strong enough to handle The Sims 3 and (all?) DLC?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jul 2017, 21:02

well, I tried that link that you gave me. Also switched my game to windowed mode to see if that helped. Crashed also immediately after switching to windowed mode. Is there a way to uninstall the expansion packs without completely losing my saved games and CC??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jul 2017, 10:27

casssimarieee wrote: Is there a way to uninstall the expansion packs without completely losing my saved games and CC??
Just copy your folder The Sims 4 from Documents\Electronic Arts to f.e. your desktop.
Then uninstall the expansion packs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top