Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 1: Complete Collection. Help![SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 1: Complete Collection.  Help![SOLVED] Empty The Sims 1: Complete Collection. Help![SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jan 2012, 03:22

Hey everyone, first time poster here! :newfag:

I installed The Sims: Complete before and was having fun with it without problem until I closed it. I moved some files from the folder I installed it in into a new folder (for tidiness' sake) and then tried to run it again. It didn't work. I then deleted its entry in the Program Files (x86) folder along with any other trace.
Now I am trying to re-install it, but I get an error message saying "Unknown error encountered, aborting setup..." whenever I attempt to re-install. I've run CCleaner and the SimsEraser provided in the .rar file. What gives? I want my Sims back Razz

Back to top Go down

The Sims 1: Complete Collection.  Help![SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 1: Complete Collection. Help![SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 12 Jan 2012, 09:20

Hello and welcome,
And you extracted the files with winRAR?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 1: Complete Collection.  Help![SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 1: Complete Collection. Help![SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jan 2012, 17:55

Yes.
Actually, I just went into my InstallShield folder and deleted the InstallShield information. That seems to have fixed it. Thanks!

Mod edit: Problem solved, topic closed.
Happy simming! The Sims Plumbob 1

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top