Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 Complete Collection. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Complete Collection. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 2 Complete Collection. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 12 Feb 2016, 04:16

I have installed and reinstalled the Sims 2 Complete Collection twice just to make sure I did everything perfectly and I am still having issues. The game will load no problem, as will a neighborhood but when I try to load a family it freezes. The goes from a flipping time..thingy to a regular white curser. I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of it and a window saying the game has crashed and will not terminate appears. I have no CC. I am currently running Windows 10. I'm able to play lots of other and even older games just fine but this one will not cooperate. Has anyone had any luck getting Sims 2 to run on their windows 10 computer?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Complete Collection. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 2 Complete Collection. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 12 Feb 2016, 04:23

poolay wrote:I have installed and reinstalled the Sims 2 Complete Collection twice just to make sure I did everything perfectly and I am still having issues. The game will load no problem, as will a neighborhood but when I try to load a family it freezes. The goes from a flipping time..thingy to a regular white curser. I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of it and a window saying the game has crashed and will not terminate appears. I have no CC. I am currently running Windows 10. I'm able to play lots of other and even older games just fine but this one will not cooperate. Has anyone had any luck getting Sims 2 to run on their windows 10 computer?

Hello @poolay,

I got the game running on Windows 10 with no issues whatsoever. However, I also did lots of tweaks to prevent possible issues. One of which is DEP. Please have a look at this here (it was written for The Sims 4, but it's applicable to almost anything else too):
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-17-12-2015

Focus on the part about "DEP" and add the Sims2EP9.exe file, with which you start the game, to these DEP exclusions.

In addition to that, right-click on the game's .exe file or the shortcut and choose "run as Administrator". See if that impacts your game in any way. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Complete Collection. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 2 Complete Collection. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 12 Feb 2016, 04:46

Still crashing on loading a family. Thank you though!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 12 Feb 2016, 04:54

poolay wrote:Still crashing on loading a family. Thank you though!

Can you try the suggestion I mentioned in this topic here ? And remove SecuROm that way ? You may have SecuROM on your computer (from another program or game), and it is conceivable that it causes issues.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22306-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-possible-lag-issues-on-windows-10

Other than that, have you made sure to download and install ALL available Windows updates ? Please do so if you haven't. Smile  

Then try the game again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Feb 2016, 19:14

I tried that before anything! I found that topic a while before I posted. Still no dice. I'm starting to think the game has it out for me. Before I reinstalled it, I could load families and play for a bit. It wasn't until I tried visiting areas with a family that it would crash. After I reinstalled the families wouldn't load.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Feb 2016, 16:41

poolay wrote:I tried that before anything! I found that topic a while before I posted. Still no dice. I'm starting to think the game has it out for me. Before I reinstalled it, I could load families and play for a bit. It wasn't until I tried visiting areas with a family that it would crash. After I reinstalled the families wouldn't load.

I'm not really sure what else to suggest at this point, but can you maybe give us some specs of your computer system ? E.g. are you playing on a desktop or laptop ? If it's the latter, are you running on a dedicated graphics card or an integrated/onboard graphics chip, etc. ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Feb 2016, 20:15

I've got a Asus laptop. Intel Core i5, it's a Intel Graphics 3000 graphics card.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 17 Feb 2016, 03:13

poolay wrote:(...) it's a Intel Graphics 3000 graphics card.

And this in turn might be part of the explanation. Assuming you downloaded and installed the latest available drivers for that (google it), there isn't much else I can suggest, other than try reducing the graphics settings, if you haven't done so yet. I'm sorry.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Feb 2016, 01:48

I'll try that, I had everything set on high. Thank you for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Feb 2016, 09:27

I had many crashes in the Sims 2, both in the CAS or when loading lots. These problems happened after installing the game from this website, but also later after installing a legal version from Origin which is what I have installed right now.

Yet today I found something that helped me so perhaps it might help you too. Check it out: http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Feb 2016, 10:58

Enric wrote:These problems happened after installing the game from this website, but also later after installing a legal version from Origin which is what I have installed right now (...)

Just a little thing to add: the version available from G4TW is technically almost the same as the "Ultimate Collection" from Origin, with the difference that the Origin version takes less effort to install and it has a few more in-game display languages.

Beyond that, all Sims 2 games are otherwise technically identical, meaning that you will encounter these problems no matter where you got The Sims 2 from. 

It is (still) a little known fact that pirated versions are generally as functional as legal games - except for the lack or limitations of online features. The only difference being that for pirated games you do not need any optical discs or annoying game clients (Steam/Origin/UPlay) to run.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Feb 2016, 11:18

I understand it.

But as I said some days ago I had problems with the Sims 2 that I couldn't solve easily (together with the Sims Stories games), so I thought that at least I had to try some alternative. I bought the legal game long ago and apparently EA games "offers" us the Ultimate Origin version for free, so why not try this possibility.

The reality was that the only benefit of the Origin version was the much easier (automatic) installation. And after that the game had the same problems (water didn't load properly) and crashes that I experienced with the GTW version. So reading online I found a solution that helped me, so if both games (the legit and the GTW are the same) I hope it might help poolay and other people too.

It is not perfect. I'm still surprised about how an old game like that loads so slowly in my pc (much slower than the much Sims 4), there's some sot of lag and I aleady had two crashes, yet it's playable and the number of crashes is much smaller. I just wish there was the same solution fo the Sims Stories games.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Feb 2016, 17:21

Enric wrote:It is not perfect. I'm still surprised about how an old game like that loads so slowly in my pc (much slower than the much Sims 4), there's some sot of lag and I aleady had two crashes, yet it's playable and the number of crashes is much smaller. I just wish there was the same solution fo the Sims Stories games.

Part of the explanation is SecuROM, which I dwelled on a bit in this topic here. Other than that (and as cynical as it may sound now), we can "thank" Microsoft for these recent developments in operating systems.

As I hinted in another thread, I am surprised at how many people want to "upgrade" to Windows 10. Honestly, you should all stick to Windows 7, for as long as it is still supported (by game/software publishers, etc.).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Feb 2016, 00:12

The Graphics Rules Maker worked! No more freezing or crashing, and it looks great! Thank you all so much for all of the help. I haven't played the Sims 2 in almost ten years, I'm so excited!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 23 Feb 2016, 05:59

poolay wrote:The Graphics Rules Maker worked! No more freezing or crashing, and it looks great! 

Out of interest, is the thing that this tool does, similar (or the same) a what is described here ?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21997-the-sims-2-failed-to-find-compatible-directx-fix

I didn't have to do either procedure, luckily.  Very Happy 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Feb 2016, 01:32

Yes, but doing that didn't work for me. The program did however, I'm not sure why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Feb 2016, 22:47

Hello, I just wanted to point something out, Graphics Rules Maker fixes The Sims 2 glitches but doesn't fix Body Shop glitches. Incase you want to fix Body Shop Glitches copy Graphics Rules.sgr and VideoCards.sgr from
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Config and also place in
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\CSConfig

Make sure you have the fixed files in both location.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Feb 2016, 20:01

poolay wrote:Yes, but doing that didn't work for me. The program did however, I'm not sure why.

Maybe you forgot to save the changes to the text file(s). But OK, good to hear you fixed your issue. Thanks again @Enric and @poolay for sharing this hint ! I will also close the topic now. Feel free to open a new topic anytime again if you need more help.

CHall10006 wrote:Hello, I just wanted to point something out, Graphics Rules Maker fixes The Sims 2 glitches but doesn't fix Body Shop glitches. Incase you want to fix Body Shop Glitches copy Graphics Rules.sgr and VideoCards.sgr from
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Config and also place in
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\CSConfig

Make sure you have the fixed files in both location.

Thanks @CHall10006 for sharing this tip, too ! Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top