Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Download the games in a specific order?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Download the games in a specific order? Empty Download the games in a specific order?

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 04:27

Hey,

I downloaded a few Sims 4 torrents yesterday, and when I opened the readme for it, under step 3 it says "Now install the other Games4theworld The Sims 4 torrents, in the following order:
Get to Work -> Get together -> City Living -> Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff"

Is there any particular reason it HAS to be in that order??? What happens if I do it out of order? What if I dont want City Living at all, is it required? I am very confused Why God.

Back to top Go down

Download the games in a specific order? Empty Re: Download the games in a specific order?

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 10:47

The explanation for a specific order is quite simple.
With every new DLC you copy and thereby overwrite certain files in your installation folder.
It's obvious that when you install Get to Work as the last one, you overwrite details (files) of all the recent DLC's.

All packs are required, even if you don't want them.
After installation you can switch off unwanted items via the file RldOrigin.ini situated in Program Files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin
Example:

Back to top Go down

Download the games in a specific order? Empty Re: Download the games in a specific order?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Aug 2017, 17:12

VixenAzure wrote:Hey,

I downloaded a few Sims 4 torrents yesterday, and when I opened the readme for it, under step 3 it says "Now install the other Games4theworld The Sims 4 torrents, in the following order:
Get to Work -> Get together -> City Living -> Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff"

Is there any particular reason it HAS to be in that order??? What happens if I do it out of order? What if I dont want City Living at all, is it required? I am very confused Why God.

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

I moved this post to the correct section. As said elsewhere, what's the point of putting up an article like that, if it weren't necessary to do these installation steps, in the order described? So yes, (unfortunately) you have to do it the way described. Otherwise the game won't work. What you can do however, is remove individual DLC after you did all the steps. Here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30898-how-to-disable-uninstall-individual-dlc-from-the-sims-4
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 23:23

Will it still work if already have some of the listed packs, legitimately - as in, purchased - already installed?

//EDIT

Ah, nevermind.

I found the article and finally read the bloody thing. It says it's not recommended to install the GFTW DLCs to a legitimate base copy, which is what I have. Appears this will not work for me, regardless. And I don't know if I want to go through the process of downloading a cracked base game and running it parallel. I am a lazy person. Razz Oh well, thanks anyway, though!!

My fault for getting ahead of myself and not reading. Anyway, good day! ♥️

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Aug 2017, 23:37

VixenAzure wrote:Ah, nevermind.

I found the article and finally read the bloody thing. It says it's not recommended to install the GFTW DLCs to a legitimate base copy, which is what I have. Appears this will not work for me, regardless. And I don't know if I want to go through the process of downloading a cracked base game and running it parallel. I am a lazy person. Razz Oh well, thanks anyway, though!!

The basic problem with applying these DLC to an Origin-version is, that the legit game will be on a higher patch version usually, than the cracked ones. A.k.a. the Origin-version has newer files. There is no certain way of knowing at any given point, whether overwriting the (newer!) files of the Origin-version with the older files of the cracked torrents, really works in the end.

If you are willing to experiment, feel free to give it a shot, but there is no guarantee. And if it goes wrong, you'd have to re-download your Sims 4 through Origin.

Indeed, the TS4 Must-Read is meant to be applied to G4TW's No-Origin TS4, in the first place.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Aug 2017, 01:40

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
VixenAzure wrote:Ah, nevermind.

The basic problem with applying these DLC to an Origin-version is, that the legit game will be on a higher patch version usually, than the cracked ones. A.k.a. the Origin-version has newer files. There is no certain way of knowing at any given point, whether overwriting the (newer!) files of the Origin-version with the older files of the cracked torrents, really works in the end.

If you are willing to experiment, feel free to give it a shot, but there is no guarantee. And if it goes wrong, you'd have to re-download your Sims 4 through Origin.

Indeed, the TS4 Must-Read is meant to be applied to G4TW's No-Origin TS4, in the first place.

Yeah I was "that asshole" who didn't even look first. I didn't even know *this* thread existed until it got moved here. But I definitely didn't see the "must read" at all until... Well, this thread. But I read it now.

I might try it. But I'm 98% sure my Sims is 100% updated to the most recently, so you're probably right that it won't work.
That does remind me to back up my saves and mods before doing any of this mess though.

I also have a genuine copy of Get To Work installed, anyway of knowing if that'll screw stuff up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Aug 2017, 10:04

VixenAzure wrote:
Yeah I was "that asshole" who didn't even look first. I didn't even know *this* thread existed until it got moved here. But I definitely didn't see the "must read" at all until... Well, this thread. But I read it now.

I might try it. But I'm 98% sure my Sims is 100% updated to the most recently, so you're probably right that it won't work.
That does remind me to back up my saves and mods before doing any of this mess though.

I also have a genuine copy of Get To Work installed, anyway of knowing if that'll screw stuff up?
Recent tests proved that you can combine legit and pirated versions.
1. Update your bought games via Origin.
2. Move the folder The Sims 4 from Program Files (x86)\Origin Games to just Program Files (x86), thus creating Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
3. Now safeguard your folder Game by copying it to your desktop.
4. Install the pirated DLC's in the correct order. from Get Together onwards  When finished, rename the folder Game in Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 to f.e. Game cracked.
5. Copy the folder Game from your desktop (see step 3) back to Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4. So you now have a folder Game and a folder Game cracked in your install folder The Sims 4
6. Make shortcuts with different names from TS4.exe and/or TS4_x64.exe from both Game and Game cracked.

Now you can play your bought games via the shortcut from the folder Game and the pirated games via the folder Game cracked.

Note: As Game and Game cracked have different version numbers, you will get the "Unable to start, higher version .., update via Origin" error every time you play Game cracked after you have played with Game. So you'll have to remove the file GameVersion from User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 again.
Items used from pirated packs - in your case, Get Together and higher - will not be visible in Game.

Also: When playing Game you must have Origin active, when playing Game cracked Origin must be closed of course.
Via Game you can still access the Gallery and download stuff - they will then also be available in Game cracked.

To avoid the constantly deleting GameVersion you could try this (NOT TESTED YET - see edit)
Open the folder Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game cracked\Bin and copy the file Default.ini to your desktop.
Now open Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin and copy the file Default.ini to the same location in Game cracked, overwriting the existing file.
Now Game and Game cracked will have the same version number.
I've tested it with a full and complete game upto and incl. fitness, both Bought and pirated, and it worked perfectly.
As your bought games are not complete, there might be some problems. In that case copy Default.ini back from your desktop to Game cracked.

EDIT//
I tested it and it works perfecrly

Last edited by Tarac on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 14:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : result of test)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Aug 2017, 11:33

VixenAzure wrote:

I actually looked at my previous reply if I wrote anything wrong, but couldn't really 'find' anything. My post had no hostile intention whatsoever; I was merely describing the basic outline of this TS4 Must-Read guide. It can be found under the "TS4 Fixes" section or if you look at the top of the main page at the header, below where it says "Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum". 

It used to be a so-called Global Announcement, meaning it would show up at top of all Forum sections. But apparently people complained that "everything on the Forum is bad/chaotic/disorganized", and not long thereafter the decision was made by the administration to do away with Global Announcements unless it was about a new torrent release. A decision I still view critically, but I have to roll with it. 

You are not an "a-hole", nor was that implied anywhere. Should you feel lost on the Forum or have a very general question about G4TW, you can also use that green e-mail button on my profile and send an e-mail message.

Awesome Emote
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Aug 2017, 22:06

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
VixenAzure wrote:

I actually looked at my previous reply if I wrote anything wrong, but couldn't really 'find' anything. My post had no hostile intention whatsoever; I was merely describing the basic outline of this TS4 Must-Read guide. It can be found under the "TS4 Fixes" section or if you look at the top of the main page at the header, below where it says "Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum". 

It used to be a so-called Global Announcement, meaning it would show up at top of all Forum sections. But apparently people complained that "everything on the Forum is bad/chaotic/disorganized", and not long thereafter the decision was made by the administration to do away with Global Announcements unless it was about a new torrent release. A decision I still view critically, but I have to roll with it. 

You are not an "a-hole", nor was that implied anywhere. Should you feel lost on the Forum or have a very general question about G4TW, you can also use that green e-mail button on my profile and send an e-mail message.

Awesome Emote
Oh, goodness, no! LOL! I was calling MYSELF an asshole. Whoops. Sorry. It was a reference to all other forums, where people don't read the pinned posts upon coming in, etc, so on and so forth. Basically self-depreciating joke. Sorry. Never meant to insinuate that you were referring to it. Sorry again...

Anyway... Moving along. Still debating on testing it or not. Still, kinda not feeling the whole running legit game and cracked game separately thing, but alas, it'll have to do I suppose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Aug 2017, 22:17

You could also leave things as they are and install ALL DLC's incl. base game of G4TW dowloads in a different folder.
Base game will by efault be installed in Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
As soon as base game is installed, MOVE the folder The Sims 4 to just Program Files (x86).
Then add the other DLC's and read the instructions carefully.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top