Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toddler Stuffs Update - Video Card Error.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Toddler Stuffs Update - Video Card  Error. Empty Toddler Stuffs Update - Video Card Error.

Post by Guest Sun 27 Aug 2017, 07:22

I have successfully played Sims 4 and all of the expansion packs for a few months. I saw that there is the crack for Toddler Stuffs and downloaded it.

Launched the game successfully but it was in Spanish. CHanged it to english and then i also downloaded the fix. However, there is a video card error message popping up. Please advise!!

Back to top Go down

Toddler Stuffs Update - Video Card  Error. Empty Re: Toddler Stuffs Update - Video Card Error.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Aug 2017, 16:32

eileenmak wrote:I have successfully played Sims 4 and all of the expansion packs for a few months. I saw that there is the crack for Toddler Stuffs and downloaded it.

Launched the game successfully but it was in Spanish. CHanged it to english and then i also downloaded the fix. However, there is a video card error message popping up. Please advise!!

Hello,

Could you try going under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the Config.log file? Then try the game again and see whether you still get the graphics card error.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Toddler Stuffs Update - Video Card  Error. Empty Re: Toddler Stuffs Update - Video Card Error.

Post by Guest Sun 27 Aug 2017, 17:04

i had a graphics problem , i keep a safe copy of sims 4 so i just copied and pasted the res folder out of game/bin and it fixed it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Sep 2017, 11:23

Hi, 

It still doesn't work.. Sad Actually, this occured because i wanted script/mods to work in my game. It did not affect my game in the past but with this expansion pack, this message keeps appearing..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Sep 2017, 13:07

Have you enabled scripts again in the main menu ?

Toddler Stuffs Update - Video Card  Error. Script_orig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Sep 2017, 13:16

Hi there,

Have you also check to make sure that your drivers are up to date? If not, try to uninstall your graphics driver, and then re-install the latest version again to see if the error is gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Sep 2017, 03:48

Hey guys,

Yes, i have checked the script box which resulted in this.

Also, my driver and software is up to date. I am really at a loss Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Sep 2017, 11:27

eileenmak wrote:Hey guys,

Yes, i have checked the script box which resulted in this.

Also, my driver and software is up to date. I am really at a loss Sad
Hi there,

Since you mentioned mods, have you tried testing the game without the mods folder? Or rather, a new Sims 4 folder in Documents. You can try to uninstall your graphics driver, and then re-install it again to the latest version. (You can do this even though it's up to date).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Sep 2017, 23:20

Hi! I used to get this problem a lot with Sims 3. It could be because there's a bad mod/cc. Sometimes, you can't really guess the bad mods. But from my bad experience, bad mods/cc are usually hairstyles that show the scalp or laggy interactions. There are many videos on Youtube that teach you how to guess the bad mods and remove them. Please tell us what happens! Good luck! 
Happy simming. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Sep 2017, 08:10

Hey guys,

Thanks for the input. I will go and do it over this weekend. Can i just ask what do you mean by a new sims 4 folder in documents? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Sep 2017, 10:54

eileenmak wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks for the input. I will go and do it over this weekend. Can i just ask what do you mean by a new sims 4 folder in documents? Thanks!
Your game progress is saved in:
User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Just rename the folder The Sims 4 to The Sims 4_old and start your game again.
You'll then have a complete new game.
When that works OK, you can copy back your Saves and Tray from The Sims 4_old to the newly created The Sims 4 folder.

Depending on your language The Sims 4 can have another name like Les Sims 4, Los Sims 4, Die Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Sep 2017, 08:22

I have the same problem. I installed everything and played the game for a short time. When I came back I had an error, can't remember which one. Because I'm stupid I uninstalled and reinstalled everything. That's when I started to have this error. I reinstalled my drivers, they're up to date, I deleted config and options. I copied the error-3-fix into the folder.
I tried every possible fix I could find. I'm at a loss. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Sep 2017, 11:17

Open Config.log in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Toddler Stuffs Update - Video Card  Error. Config_orig

Check for found and supported.
If 0 shows up, give me the details of the Chipset.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Sep 2017, 13:19

It shows:

=== Graphics device info ===
Number:          0
Name (driver):   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Name (database):  [Found: 0, Supported: 1]
Vendor:          NVIDIA
Chipset:         Vendor: 10de, Device: 1401, Board: 85261043, Chipset: 00a1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Sep 2017, 13:32

Open the file GraphicsCards.sgr in your install folder The Sims 4\Game\bin, with notepad.
Scroll all the way down for the Nvidia section. (Or do CTRL+F, type GTX 970, search next)

Add this line bewetween the details for GTX 970 and GTX 950
 card 0x1401 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh

You'd better copy/paste this line as all characters and spaces must be exactly right, incl. the space in front.
Now save the file.

Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the file Config.log
Start your game again.
When you now open Config.log you should see Found 1 and Supported 1.

//EDIT//
If you cannot save GraphicsCards.sgr go to the Bin folder, rightclick on it, select Properties and uncheck Read-Only and click on Apply / OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Sep 2017, 16:19

I did as you told. It now shows this:

Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 [Found: 1, Supported: 1]

But the error persists. Sad
Strangly when I opened GraphicsCards.sgr. the line you told me to paste into, already existed in exactly the same way you posted it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Sep 2017, 18:22

Nuki wrote:I did as you told. It now shows this:

Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 [Found: 1, Supported: 1]

But the error persists. Sad
Strangly when I opened GraphicsCards.sgr. the line you told me to paste into, already existed in exactly the same way you posted it.
Now, exactly what is the error ?
Can you give a screenshot or the exact text ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Sep 2017, 19:00

This one:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f11/19/77/04/37/error10.jpg

EDIT: Since I have a legal copy I installed the game via Origin and lo and behold the same error appears. So it's something with my Computer/grafic card.
Big thanks to all who tried to help me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Sep 2017, 18:08

I might have found a fix.. I went into compatibility and I ticked "disable fullscreen optimisations" and it finally started. 
I think it was a resolution problem. 

Hope this saves someone's day like it saved mine! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Toddler Stuffs Update - Video Card  Error. Empty ?

Post by Guest Tue 19 Sep 2017, 18:31

xdeathcondor wrote:I might have found a fix.. I went into compatibility and I ticked "disable fullscreen optimisations" and it finally started. 

Where is compatibility? Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Sep 2017, 18:46

carolinesimmerxx wrote:
xdeathcondor wrote:I might have found a fix.. I went into compatibility and I ticked "disable fullscreen optimisations" and it finally started. 

Where is compatibility? Why God.

You right-click the launcher (the .exe program) and you go into properties > compatibility.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top