Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest "No-Origin" update [VERSION 1.33.38.1020] video card driver errors?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Latest "No-Origin" update [VERSION 1.33.38.1020] video card driver errors? Empty Latest "No-Origin" update [VERSION 1.33.38.1020] video card driver errors?

Post by Guest Thu 28 Sep 2017, 12:28

I have just downloaded the latest No-Origin update found here, and once I had inserted the files, I tried to run the game but it kept showing an error saying:

"Unable to start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and the latest video drivers are installed."

Does anyone know how to fix this? I only want to update it and every other download Ive found with 1.33.38.1020 has been a full game download and I don't want to do that as my internet is slow.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Latest "No-Origin" update [VERSION 1.33.38.1020] video card driver errors? Empty Re: Latest "No-Origin" update [VERSION 1.33.38.1020] video card driver errors?

Post by Guest Thu 28 Sep 2017, 13:20

Hello and welcome to the forum! Very Happy

Have you updated the game to 1.33 yet? The link given is actually for the .dll files if you're missing them. You can install the update from the link below:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31648-ts4-update-only-fix-1-33-38-1020-out-now

I'm sure you only want the base game with the latest update, yes? If so, you can download the files above. If you want to have a couple of DLCs installed, then unfortunately, that update-only fix will not work.

Good luck and do keep me updated~

Back to top Go down

Latest "No-Origin" update [VERSION 1.33.38.1020] video card driver errors? Empty Re: Latest "No-Origin" update [VERSION 1.33.38.1020] video card driver errors?

Post by Guest Thu 28 Sep 2017, 18:12

I did that and followed the instructions and now all of my DLC has gone missing in game! Is that from replacing the Game folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Sep 2017, 18:42

tommygee37 wrote:I did that and followed the instructions and now all of my DLC has gone missing in game! Is that from replacing the Game folder?
It seems that I misread your phrase below:
Does anyone know how to fix this? I only want to update it and every other download Ive found with 1.33.38.1020 has been a full game download and I don't want to do that as my internet is slow.
I assume you're looking for an update to your base game ONLY. Like I mentioned in my last reply, the update only fix is intended for the base game without ANY DLCs. Unfortunately, installing the update-only fix has deleted your DLCs. You have to re-install the game again I'm afraid and then install Toddler's Stuff here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31448-the-sims-4-toddlers-stuff-out-now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Sep 2017, 00:26

I went ahead and did what was said above, however now the game just doesn't seem to want to run! Task manager says it is running but the window will not start and the taskbar icon will become solid then moments later fade away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Sep 2017, 14:12

Hmmm. What happens after you killed the Sims 4 program in task manager, and then run the game again as administrator, alternatively, you can restart your pc and then run the game again.

I'm gonna double check that you've re-installed the game in order and that all folders are present in Program Files(x86) OR Program Files/ wherever you install the game to.

1. Install base game -> Get to Work -> Get Together -> City Living -> Vampire (Toddler's).
  2. Rename Game folder to Game_. OR Delete the current Game folder.
  3. Install Parenthood -> Fitness -> Toddler's Stuff.
  4. Install the Error Code 3 fix should your game start in Spanish. https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31459-the-sims-4-error-code-3-game-starts-unexpectedly-in-spanish-fix
  5. Currently, the folders you should have inside your Sims 4 installation folder are; 

• EP01 - EP03, FP01.
  • GP01 - GP05
  • SP01 - SP12

It's also a good idea to start the game with a fresh Sims 4 folder in Documents. Simply rename your current to sims4backup and then run the game. Also, I should have ask this in the first place; Is your Sims 4 currently from G4TW or did you download another repack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Sep 2017, 16:21

The easiest way to install/update/repair is via ZLOrigin.
see https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple#
Once installed/repaird/udated you can still play the Sims 4 off-line
see https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31722-just-1-installation-folder-for-origin-zlorigin-and-g4tw-downloads#

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top