Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims Medieval problems.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims Medieval problems.[SOLVED] Empty The Sims Medieval problems.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jan 2012, 10:53

:newfag:

Hi there. I'm having a couple of problems with my Sims Medieval game (I got a CD from a friend, didn't download it on the internet). At first I was getting a Disc Authorization Failure error, so I installed the Ultimate Fix which solved that problem. Only the game didn't update to the latest version (mine still says version 1.0.286.00001) but when I click on Game Updates, it tells me the game is up to date.

The fix got the game to launch, but 10 minutes into it crashes, with a [The Sims Medieval has stopped working] error message. I have not installed any patches, mods or cc, just the basic game. I have the Pirates and Nobles expansion pack but I haven't installed it yet either.

I have a 2.53GHZ processor, 4GB RAM and a 64-bit Operating System with 280GB HDD space.

Any suggestions as to what could be the problem?

Thanks muchly.

Back to top Go down

The Sims Medieval problems.[SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims Medieval problems.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 20 Jan 2012, 11:37

Hello,
Try this: Install the Pirates&Nobles expansion, now apply the entire fix again and your game should work.
The fix requires the expansion to be installed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims Medieval problems.[SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims Medieval problems.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2012, 11:11

Okay, so I tried installing Pirates and Nobles but it asked me to update The Sims Medieval first, so I downloaded the patch (1856847366). Only when it was about to get installed, I got an error message because The Sims Medieval launcher was running. I closed it, but the patch installer closed as well and now I can't figure out how to install the patch. I don't have to downloaded it all over again, do I? Because it took forever the first time around. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 22 Jan 2012, 11:30

Hello,
If you used a manual patch, you can execute it again. If you tried to patch through the launcher, you can try again, but if it doesn't work, you may have to download and use a manual patch. You could try this one.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2012, 18:01

Okay, my problem has been solved. Turned out the CD included the latest patch, which I somehow managed to miss, so I installed that, then installed P&N and applied the ultimate fix, and voila. No more crashing.

Thanks for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:17

Hello,
That's great news.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questiions or problems in the future. For now, happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1, topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top