Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing Sims 3 expansions/creating DMG files

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing Sims 3 expansions/creating DMG files Empty Installing Sims 3 expansions/creating DMG files

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jan 2012, 10:56

Hi! First of all, thank you all for providing us with these files. I actually own every single Sims 3 expansion and stuff pack, but since I bought some of them on Origin and I recently switched to Mac, I can't access some of them, and I refuse to give EA my hard-earned money for games I already own.

This is why I'm here, trying to download them. I got Generations installed okay (although my game is still borked, but more on that later), but Fast Lane and Outdoor Living are confusing me. Generations seemed to work out of the box when I downloaded it, but the other two apparently have to be made into a disc image for them to work?

I tried creating a new DMG file and putting the unrarred contents in there, but no dice. Nothing happens when I double click the image. The .exe and the installer inside don't work either, obviously.

I have read and reread every single sticky on this forum, PC and Mac, to try and understand on my own, but I can't seem to figure this out. I'm sorry if there have been many threads like this one, I honestly can't figure this out. I'm quite PC savvy, but these Macs are entirely new to me...

I'll appreciate any help I can get, and if you guys still need someone to test things on a Mac, I'll gladly help! Like I said, I'm a noob, Mac-wise, but if there's anything I can do, say the word.

Back to top Go down

Installing Sims 3 expansions/creating DMG files Empty Re: Installing Sims 3 expansions/creating DMG files

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 20 Jan 2012, 11:28

Hello,
I'm afraid I don't know anything about mac myself, but this post seems very helpful.
If its still confusing, maybe another mac user can help you out, so check back regularly for more replies.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Installing Sims 3 expansions/creating DMG files Empty Re: Installing Sims 3 expansions/creating DMG files

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jan 2012, 11:41

Thanks (: I did read that thread, but I'm still lost on how to make a working DMG file. I use Stuffit Expander (although megaupload is dead and gone now, so that link doesn't work and I'm not sure I have the right version).

The odd thing is, Generations worked fine without having to create the DMG, how come the stuff packs have *.exe files?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 20 Jan 2012, 11:44

Hello,
The post mentions to get version 13.0.2, perhaps you can find it on internet.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jan 2012, 16:26

I've figured it out, I think! I don't know if my game works yet, it's still installing, but the thing I did wrong when making the dmg was making the format Mac Extended when it should've been ExFat XD ahhhh

if you want, I'll try to write a detailed step-by-step guide with screenshots when I have the time, would that help? just tell me what to include and I'll do my best (:

Last edited by perlerose on Fri 20 Jan 2012, 16:32; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 20 Jan 2012, 16:27

perlerose wrote:I've figured it out, I think! I don't know if my game works yet, it's still installing, but the thing I did wrong when making the dmg was making the image format read/write when it should be master XD ahhhh

if you want, I'll try to write a detailed step-by-step guide with screenshots when I have the time, would that help? just tell me what to include and I'll do my best (:
Hello,

Well maybe, try this: http://games4theworld.org/developers.html
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top