Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sims 4 issue [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sims 4 issue [SOLVED] Empty sims 4 issue [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 20 Oct 2017, 18:42

ok i have installed the sims 4 according to the rules and i played it for awhile without any problems but here recently i can't click on anything after loading my lot at first i thought it was a problem with my mods so i literally spent two days checking them all (i have over 9 gb worth of mods in 10,000+ files) none of them seem to be the problem i even get the same issue when i remove the entire mods folder (which to be fair i should've tried that first lol it would've saved me so much time) i even tried uninstaling and reinstalling the game but still no luck is there something i am missing bc i am seriously stressing out here

Back to top Go down

sims 4 issue [SOLVED] Empty Re: sims 4 issue [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 20 Oct 2017, 20:00

So let me understand the problem, your Sims don't do anything? They're stuck in a loop? I had the same problem once, and also lots didn't appear. I would recommend not to download Mods. I was trying to look around the forum for a solution. Maybe try re-installing the game in the correct order.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Oct 2017, 20:28

I did install them in the right order. I also removed my whole mods folder at one point and I still couldn't interact with anything or other sims. sorry i know my posts are difficult to understand because my grammer isn't the best

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Oct 2017, 14:55

crevendevoss wrote:I did install them in the right order. I also removed my whole mods folder at one point and I still couldn't interact with anything or other sims. sorry i know my posts are difficult to understand because my grammer isn't the best
Hi @crevendevoss and welcome to the forum! Very Happy

Is the issue you're currently having is the infinite loading screen? Or is it able to load BUT no interactions can be made?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Oct 2017, 18:11

You may have used items (CC) that are not compatible with the version of your present game.
Have you updated with all DLC's incl. Toddler Stuff ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 08:47

able to load but no interactions can be made and i removed my entire mods folder at one point and still had the same issue and yes i downloaded all the dlc i may end up having to just uninstall my game completely and wait to play it but i don't want to have to do that bc i love sims 4 lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 15:02

crevendevoss wrote:able to load but no interactions can be made and i removed my entire mods folder at one point and still had the same issue and yes i downloaded all the dlc i may end up having to just uninstall my game completely and wait to play it but i don't want to have to do that bc i love sims 4 lol
@crevendevoss 

Hey there,

Could you screenshot your Sims 4 folder so we can double check all the files are in place? Also, try to instead rename your Sims 4 folder in Documents, rather than just the Mods folder, in case a corrupted saves or anything is messing up your game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Oct 2017, 05:10

i uninstalled it but i will reinstall it and how do i take a screen shot of my sims folder i am on a laptop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Oct 2017, 10:04

sims 4 issue [SOLVED] Sims_f11
sims 4 issue [SOLVED] Sims_f10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:59

crevendevoss wrote:i uninstalled it but i will reinstall it and how do i take a screen shot of my sims folder i am on a laptop
I see. Your files look to be in order EXCEPT that it's currently in the Electronic Arts folder? You should move it out to Program Files(x86) instead.
PS: You can use the print screen function to 'screenshot' the folders. It should be the same keys though -> Windows Key + prt sc key

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Oct 2017, 22:25

i didn't know that the placement mattered so much so i didn't think it was important to move it but would that cause the non interaction problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Oct 2017, 17:54

crevendevoss wrote:i didn't know that the placement mattered so much so i didn't think it was important to move it but would that cause the non interaction problem?
By right you are supposed to move it out from the EA folder to avoid having the origin must be running error. I'm surprised that your game starts up fine honestly. Does re-installing the game fix the missing interaction error?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Oct 2017, 04:26

yeah it did for now and i had a host blocking program which bypassed the origin thing i use it for a lot of my cracked programs. thanks everyone if it happens again i will message again lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Oct 2017, 13:50

crevendevoss wrote:yeah it did for now and i had a host blocking program which bypassed the origin thing i use it for a lot of my cracked programs. thanks everyone if it happens again i will message again lol
Nice! Good job!
Good to know re-installing the game does the trick. 
Feel free to open a new topic then should you have any other questions or bugs in-game.
Till then, cheers and have fun!

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top