Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Pets Issue. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Pets Issue. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Pets Issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 16:33

Okay, so I downloaded the Sims 3 pets expansion pack off of thepiratebay, installed it and placed the right folders into the right places and such. But for some reason, whenever I start the game, it loads fine, but when I get to the "start a new game/load game" page, everything's blank. Like, for example, the drop-down menu to choose a town is completely blank, when I open up the options everything is blank, and no matter what I click on, nothing happens. I can't figure out how to fix it. I've removed all of my custom content and re-installed it, and I'm sorta freaking out because the Sims just totally won't work at all now and I don't know what to do. Help 
(PS: I've also got the Seasons and the Island Paradise games4theworld torrents downloaded, and they both worked perfectly fine. But since I've downloaded this one, Pets, nothing is working and whenever I open up the game, it gives me the same thing.)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets Issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Pets Issue. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Fri 16 Aug 2013, 16:41

Hello,

After installing The Sims 3: Pets, instead of applying the #crack included in The Sims 3: Pets torrent, have you dragged and dropped the content of #crack folder of the latest Ultimate Fix (which can be downloaded here) to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin? 
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Aug 2013, 16:57

unicornsaremajestical wrote:Okay, so I downloaded the Sims 3 pets expansion pack off of thepiratebay, installed it and placed the right folders into the right places and such. But for some reason, whenever I start the game, it loads fine, but when I get to the "start a new game/load game" page, everything's blank. Like, for example, the drop-down menu to choose a town is completely blank, when I open up the options everything is blank, and no matter what I click on, nothing happens. I can't figure out how to fix it. I've removed all of my custom content and re-installed it, and I'm sorta freaking out because the Sims just totally won't work at all now and I don't know what to do. Help 
(PS: I've also got the Seasons and the Island Paradise games4theworld torrents downloaded, and they both worked perfectly fine. But since I've downloaded this one, Pets, nothing is working and whenever I open up the game, it gives me the same thing.)
cat2006house wrote:Hello,

After installing The Sims 3: Pets, instead of applying the #crack included in The Sims 3: Pets torrent, have you dragged and dropped the content of #crack folder of the latest Ultimate Fix (which can be downloaded here) to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin? 
Hello both,

The interesting question now is this here: can such an error be corrected after it has already occurred ? I'm not sure.

@unicornsaremajestical: if cat2006house's solution doesn't work, try to go to "My Documents/Electronic Arts" and delete the folder "The Sims 3". Then try starting the game again.

And if that doesn't work either, you could try a manual clean un-install of your Sims 3 games (I know this will take time and effort). Follow these guidelines here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall  After that un-install, re-boot the computer.

When re-installing, do it this way:

1) Install base game
2) Apply latest "manual patch" https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch
3) Install all expansions you want
4) Re-apply the manual patch (even if it says that your game is up-to-date)
5) Install the "Ultimate fix"; look at step 4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Whatever you have to do, good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 17:02

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

No I hadn't, but I just did, and now everything is good again! Thank you so much c:

Moderator edit: nice one, cat2006house Wink  Good to hear that it worked. OK, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top