Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game starts in Spanish and freezes [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game starts in Spanish and freezes [SOLVED] Empty Game starts in Spanish and freezes [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 09 Nov 2017, 21:56

Hello, 
I've had the same issue. Downloaded the fix Game folder and replaced it. After that the game starts up in Spanish. Tried applying the EC3 fix but it still starts up in Spanish and freezes (though this might be bcs I've clicked around in frustration  Oh my...)

Back to top Go down

Game starts in Spanish and freezes [SOLVED] Empty Game starts in Spanish and freezes

Post by Guest Thu 09 Nov 2017, 22:02

glowtea wrote:Hello, 
I've had the same issue. Downloaded the fix Game folder and replaced it. After that the game starts up in Spanish. Tried applying the EC3 fix but it still starts up in Spanish and freezes (though this might be bcs I've clicked around in frustration  Oh my...)

Okay I've tried starting it up again, it's still in Spanish and it gets to the loading screen and then freezes withou tme doing anything.

Back to top Go down

Game starts in Spanish and freezes [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game starts in Spanish and freezes [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 11 Nov 2017, 13:19

Hi @glowtea

I've split your posts from the other topic, seeing that the OP has not answered/update the topic in awhile.

Currently, wht DLCs have install? Double check that you have all the DLCs installed, without skipping one. If you have any mods, do move them out as well and see if that helps.

Back to top Go down

Game starts in Spanish and freezes [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game starts in Spanish and freezes [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 11 Nov 2017, 22:02

Ageha wrote:Hi @glowtea

I've split your posts from the other topic, seeing that the OP has not answered/update the topic in awhile.

Currently, wht DLCs have install? Double check that you have all the DLCs installed, without skipping one. If you have any mods, do move them out as well and see if that helps.

Hi,
I've reinstalled in the meantime (bcs I really wanted to play) but what I did in the previous attempt was follow the instructions up to toddler stuff. Once I've installed it and tried to start game it would not even start/run. Then I've found that the Game folder 1-33-38-1020 oneshould be fixed. Once I've pasted this Game folder fix the game would start up in Spanish, it got through the loading screen to the start menu but froze while the new pack stuff was popping up. Seeing that the game started up in Spanish I've tried applying the EC3 fix after which it would still start up in Spanish but additionally it would freeze during loading screen at the beginning. 

Seeing that cats and dogs are out now, I'm going to wait till my exams are through to install those and it should be fine right? My only question is once I want to install Toddlers and then Cats & Dogs, do I have to apply any fixes to Toddlers before installing Cats & Dogs or should I copy the folders that come with the original Toddler stuffpack download and then simply copy the Cats&Dogs ones over those.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 02:04

glowtea wrote:
Ageha wrote:Hi @glowtea

Hi,
I've reinstalled in the meantime (bcs I really wanted to play) but what I did in the previous attempt was follow the instructions up to toddler stuff. Once I've installed it and tried to start game it would not even start/run. Then I've found that the Game folder 1-33-38-1020 oneshould be fixed. Once I've pasted this Game folder fix the game would start up in Spanish, it got through the loading screen to the start menu but froze while the new pack stuff was popping up. Seeing that the game started up in Spanish I've tried applying the EC3 fix after which it would still start up in Spanish but additionally it would freeze during loading screen at the beginning. 

Seeing that cats and dogs are out now, I'm going to wait till my exams are through to install those and it should be fine right? My only question is once I want to install Toddlers and then Cats & Dogs, do I have to apply any fixes to Toddlers before installing Cats & Dogs or should I copy the folders that come with the original Toddler stuffpack download and then simply copy the Cats&Dogs ones over those.
With the game starting up in another language, navigate to where your game is installed. 
C:\Program Files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin
Look for the file OriginRLD configuration file and open it via notepad, copy and paste what's below if in that format of country and save it.
"Language=en_US" without the quotes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 11:55

@glowtea ,

I see. Could you perhaps screenshot your Sims 4 folder so we double-check the files? Usually when the screen froze during the 'new pack' pop-ups, a possible cause might be a difference in the number of DLCs installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Nov 2017, 00:33

Thank you both for your help. I've reinstalled the Toddlers Stuff pack + Cats & Dogs, so I assume this topic is now redundant due to the fact that so far Cats & Dogs seem to work and load fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Nov 2017, 03:48

glowtea wrote:Thank you both for your help. I've reinstalled the Toddlers Stuff pack + Cats & Dogs, so I assume this topic is now redundant due to the fact that so far Cats & Dogs seem to work and load fine.

How'd you get it to work?
After Parenthood everything goes downhill for me.. What did you different?

EDIT:
The OP problem has been solved as well as the above user (in her own topic). Thread will be closed.

- Ageha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top