Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't quit World Menu and load into a game [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't quit World Menu and load into a game [SOLVED] Empty Can't quit World Menu and load into a game [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 11 Nov 2017, 17:40

Hello. Your site is amazing and thank you for all you do!
But today I decided to do an update on my game packs. The latest pack I've downloaded was a torrent named "Update v.1.29.69.1020", which I think I found on the forum a long time ago. Since "Update" has Vampires, Toddlers and Bowling Stuff inside, I downloaded Parenthood.
After loading the game for the first time, everything was working,workinclosed it. Few hours later, I started a new game and created a new sim in CAS - and there the problem starts.
After creating a sim, choosing a house and moving the sim in, I got a loading screen, but instead of getting into a game, I was in the World menu again.
It's how TS4 has worked until then.
Also, the same thing happens on the save where I was checking my game for the first time (and where everything was working, so I suppose something happend during creating a sim/staring new save).
I found that few players had this issue. People were reccomending deleting "saves" folder from My Documents and creating a new game, but it didn't help me. I tried reinstalling the game too, I installed all packs (with Parenthood) again, but game still doesn't work.

My questions are:
Is "update" torrent is any different from "Vampires" one, so somehow, it conflicts with Parenthood pack? Would it be the case?
Do I have to fix this issue before downloading the rest of newest packs, or there is a chance it will fix itself while adding new content?
Have anyone there had this issue? Is there an after Parenthood fix that I have to download, or can I download latest packs right away?

Thank you for your help and sorry, if someone has reported the issue already. I tried to look for a fix, but all I found didn't work for me - so I thoght I ming find help there.

Back to top Go down

Can't quit World Menu and load into a game [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't quit World Menu and load into a game [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 02:10

Did you install them in the correct order? This is very specific if not your game will bork.

Correct order of installation:

1. install Basegame
2. In your installation folder c:\Program Files (x86)\Electornic Arts\The Sims 4, move (not copy) The Sims 4 out of the directory Electronic Arts to anywhere on your (external) drives. Bear in mind not to move it into a folder Origin, ZLOrigin,Origin Games, Electornic Arts. Best is to move it into Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
3. Install Get to Work
4. Install Get Together
5. Install City Limits
6. Install Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling
7. Delete the folder Game from your installtion folder (Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 ?)
8. Install Parenthood
9. Install Fitness
10. Install Toddler Stuff
11. Apply error 3 fix

After that when you go to install the latest EP. Rename or delete your "Game" folder. Also, move your mods, tray and saves folder to your desktop before applying Cats and Dogs.

Back to top Go down

Can't quit World Menu and load into a game [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't quit World Menu and load into a game [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 11:59

Hi @Nettle,

Do not worry. The update (Vampire) you downloaded is the actual Vampire torrent, so you can ignore the file name. As the user mentioned above, remember to delete or rename your current game folder to Game_ before pasting the Parenthood pack.

You can either now 1) Rename the Game folder and copy + paste Parenthood pack again OR 2) Rename the Game folder and update to Fitness. Do take note that the error code 3 fix is no longer available since the Cats & Dogs update. So if you want to install up till Toddler's Stuff, you need to update till the latest one as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Nov 2017, 09:21

So, I decided to reinstall The Sims again. I was following all your instructions every time, and I was checking if I can load the game correctly - and everything was working until I installed Parenthood... And it dissapeard after getting Fitness Stuff. Another issue (this time, with endless loading screen) happend with Toddler stuff pack... But it was okay again after getting Cats and Dogs, for some reason. Well, I hope that the game won't follow this pattern and I won't have any problems when the next pack comes out. : P

Thank you for all your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Nov 2017, 14:41

Ah! Glad to see that Cats n Dogs fixed the bug for you. it's strange though that the DLC was gone. Perhaps the folder got delete when transferring over and since the Cats n Dogs include every other DLC folder, perhaps that fixes the issue.

Feel free to open a new topic should you have any other questions/bugs later on.
Till then, cheers and have fun!

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top