Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game freezes before the first menu after applying Ultimate Fix. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game freezes before the first menu after applying Ultimate Fix. [SOLVED] Empty Game freezes before the first menu after applying Ultimate Fix. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 14 Nov 2015, 16:02

Hello, everyone, I may need a hand with an issue I'm having with my game. Here is what I have:

I installed the base game and everything worked fine, then I applied the Ultimate Fix. I ran the game and everything looked great, those popups showing all the new stuff appeared and I was dismissing them one by one. Until the game froze...

Well, I've had my computer on overnight while downloading the game, so I rebooted it to see if that was a problem. Did that, tried again, and now the game freezes right before the first menu, at the spinning green thingy with the game tips.

• I've tried cleaning the cache file.
  • I am using Windows 7.
  • All the folders are in the exceptions list of my antivirus.
  • The game is located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4"

Any ideas of what might be going on?

Thanks!

UPDATE: I looked at this post and tried again after deleting the "The Sims 4" folder under Documents for it to be re-generated. After doing this, I get past the loading screen and the game now freezes every time after trying to close the "Spa Day" DLC popup. If I leave the new "The Sims 4" folder, I get the original error.

UPDATE 2: Carlos' solution worked great for me, follow the steps in his reply. Good luck!

Last edited by tiomario on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 15:46; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Game freezes before the first menu after applying Ultimate Fix. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game freezes before the first menu after applying Ultimate Fix. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 15 Nov 2015, 10:23

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum,

In order to avoid that, you will need to download the "Get to Work"-expansion pack and installit according to the included instructions. Get it from this site here:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads

After which you should re-download (and re-apply) the Ultimate fix, from the opening post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

The links were changed yesterday; and this "new" fix includes a minor improvement, regarding some in-game glitches.

So again, install Get to Work, then re-download and re-apply the TS4 fix. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Game freezes before the first menu after applying Ultimate Fix. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game freezes before the first menu after applying Ultimate Fix. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 15 Nov 2015, 15:10

Thanks for your reply, I'll try that.

Cheers.

Mod edit: since the problem seems solved, I will close the thread. Have fun ! Very Happy

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top