Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Content Issues After Pack/DL Installation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom Content Issues After Pack/DL Installation Empty Custom Content Issues After Pack/DL Installation

Post by Guest Sat 18 Nov 2017, 00:17

Hey all,

I just started experiencing this issue after I downloaded the last few packs + Cats & Dogs, but what's happening is that--as far as I know at this point--some custom content like beds and couches just aren't showing up when I try to place them in the world/houses I'm building. It's weird because I can use lots of other custom content with no problem. Chairs, rugs, kitchen counters, etc all work, but not CC beds or sofas. I don't know exactly what else isn't working since I only just downloaded and installed the packs recently (Toddlers/Vampires/Parenthood/Cats&Dogs), and I'm at a complete loss as to how to fix it. Anyone have any ideas about what's going on or how to fix it? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Custom Content Issues After Pack/DL Installation Empty Re: Custom Content Issues After Pack/DL Installation

Post by Guest Sat 18 Nov 2017, 00:31

Because pets interact with couches and beds a lot (if not all) custom content of those items are not working. I believe your only option is to completely take them out of your game or go back to where you downloaded them from and see if they have been updated. For example, I have a lot of content from SIMcredible and they have updated theirs to work with pets so I had to delete the ones I had in my mods folder and download the new ones.

Back to top Go down

Custom Content Issues After Pack/DL Installation Empty Re: Custom Content Issues After Pack/DL Installation

Post by Guest Sat 18 Nov 2017, 00:48

That makes a lot of sense! I didn't even think of that. I'll check to see if they've updated them, but I think what I'll do is maybe just go through my custom content and delete beds and couches. That's not a huge loss for me. Are there any other items the pets tend to interact with that I should know about?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Nov 2017, 01:07

The pets interact with a lot of items but as far as I know the only issues have been beds and couches. If everything else is working I would say once you delete those from the mods you should be fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Nov 2017, 01:07

kellymf79 wrote:The pets interact with a lot of items but as far as I know the only issues have been beds and couches. If everything else is working I would say once you delete those from the mods you should be fine.
Nice. I'll definitely take a look at that. Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Nov 2017, 08:13

That is not necessary. There is a batch fix available at sims 4 studio.

Read this. Link supplied.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32166-fix-for-cas-and-cc-issues-after-cats-and-dogs-available#

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Nov 2017, 18:49

Thanks @Loonieloose. I had no idea there was a simple way to fix it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Nov 2017, 19:36

With me it worked like a charm. Also no problems with counters. Beds and sofas/couches all work perfectly with dogs and cats jumping on everything and sims able to interact as well. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top