Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

System specs help. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

System specs help. [SOLVED] Empty System specs help. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 24 Nov 2017, 18:01

hello,i'm shopping for a nice computer for Christmas,im looking for a computer that would run the sims 3+all expansions smoothly.
how would this computer be?
processor:amd fx 6300(6 cores)(3.5 ghz)
video card:amd radeon rx 560(2 gb)
ram:16 gb(1600)

Back to top Go down

System specs help. [SOLVED] Empty Re: System specs help. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Nov 2017, 19:37

Gatewaypc wrote:hello,i'm shopping for a nice computer for Christmas,im looking for a computer that would run the sims 3+all expansions smoothly.
how would this computer be?
processor:amd fx 6300(6 cores)(3.5 ghz)
video card:amd radeon rx 560(2 gb)
ram:16 gb(1600)

Hello again!

That computer is far overpowered for The Sims 3, even if you plan on playing with max. settings. But yes, if you want to play more modern & demanding games too (like GTA V), then that should be fine as well. Very Happy  Bear in mind that when you install The Sims 3 on that machine eventually, that you should download the 4GB patch here: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Apply this patch to the .exe file with which you start the game. Typically that will be the TS3W.exe, under C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

I would also recommend you familiarize yourself in time with the "AMD Catalyst Control Center" (the panel that allows you to change graphics card settings). The reason being, is excessive frame rendering in The Sims 3.

Other than that, you should be fine. Good luck!

P.S. I noticed again your other thread about The Sims 2, but since I haven't been able to use my PC as often as I wanted to lately (I find myself having to temporarily share the PC), I couldn't write down a reply. I'll see if I can come up with something though.

clown
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Nov 2017, 04:21

Hello ghost,thanks for your reply Smile
So I just got back from bestbuy and set up the computer and updated all the drivers and got all the windows updates,I am installing the sims 3 complete from games4theworld but in my amd control panel I see multiple frame rate options and I am confused on which one to use.
Vsync,and frame rate control,but under the vsync option there is always on or enhanced sync what is the correct one?

//EDIT

System specs help. [SOLVED] Settings

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Nov 2017, 23:18

Gatewaypc wrote:System specs help. [SOLVED] Settings

Sorry for the belated reply,

Where it says "wait for vertical refresh", is there an option called "always on"? If so, please choose that setting.

alien
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Nov 2017, 15:10

it works Smile,I can turn up all the graphics except high detail lots? I get lots of lag using that option so I leave it at 1,how come a graphic card made in 2017 can't use a higher number?
EDIT:heres a pic of my settings.
System specs help. [SOLVED] <a href=System specs help. [SOLVED] Gsettings" />

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 29 Nov 2017, 16:51

Gatewaypc wrote:it works Smile,I can turn up all the graphics except high detail lots? I get lots of lag using that option so I leave it at 1,how come a graphic card made in 2017 can't use a higher number?
EDIT:heres a pic of my settings.
System specs help. [SOLVED] <a href=System specs help. [SOLVED] Gsettings" />

Yes, that's very unfortunate in Sims games; they have an internal "database" with supported graphics cards, and oftentimes hardware released after the end of the game's lifespan only works if you do some tweaking, like here:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Getting_new_graphics_cards_recognized_by_the_game

Did you also use the 4GB patch I mentioned above?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Nov 2017, 22:05

yes I applied the 4 gb patch Smile ,yay it works now!,thanks.

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to come by anytime again here!  clown

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top