Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DOES MY SPECS MEET ANY OF THE STUFF PACKS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DOES MY SPECS MEET ANY OF THE STUFF PACKS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS? Empty DOES MY SPECS MEET ANY OF THE STUFF PACKS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS?

Post by Guest Thu 14 Nov 2013, 14:45

Hello. Smile I recently posted a thread about the sims 3 supernatural problem and I happen to find out that some of my specs doesnt meet the minimum requirement of the game which is the video card. Mr. moderator told me that my Graphic card doesnt fully support sims 3. And that broke my heart a little. Sad lol. Now im thinking if maybe, my specs can be able to meet the stuff packs req. thinking it is more lighter that expansions. I just hope that this time I can be able to play with a good gameplay Smile Now for my specs:

GPU: GEFORCE EXPERIENCE 220
RAM: 1GB
HDD: STILL HAVE ENOUGH SPACE FOR SIMS3 Smile
PROCESSOR: INTEL(R) 3GHZ

Hmm. Did I miss anything? mm.. guess that's it. Smile 

And maybe an advice for a better specs and the price please Smile will do help me alot so maybe nextime I can be able to experience gaming better like you do Smile

Back to top Go down

DOES MY SPECS MEET ANY OF THE STUFF PACKS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS? Empty Re: DOES MY SPECS MEET ANY OF THE STUFF PACKS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS?

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 14 Nov 2013, 19:59

Hello,

You need to go here and test your specs.  All you do is select Sims 3 from the drop down menu or type it in.  Once you've done that, a little pop-up box will come up and you need to select 'automatic detection'.  Let us know the results.  Grey shaded things = you can barely pass.  Red = you cannot pass on a specific area. (Green means go, obviously.)

Also, you need the base game to install the Sims 3 stuff packs and The Sims 3 is just as graphically demanding as the expansion packs.  All the expansion packs do is take up more room on your harddrive, really.

Let me know your results. Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

DOES MY SPECS MEET ANY OF THE STUFF PACKS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS? Empty Re: DOES MY SPECS MEET ANY OF THE STUFF PACKS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS?

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 03:08

From looking, it's divided you are supposed to have 2 GB of RAM but your processor is REALLY good. You need a 2.3 GHz processor so you can definitely play it smoothly but yeah, I'm sure you can play it cause I have 1 GB of RAM also but, I will add that playing a game on an undpowered computer [long term] may harm or damage your computer, you should take this into consideration. 

Are you running this on a laptop? Integrated graphics is what you will have which is on your motherboard. Meaning that you may have to lower your "high standards" and lower the settings. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 03:36

@sephymuffins. thanks! I did already and i got the greeny go. Smile I changed my mind. Im gonna download supernaturals- again lol. im very fascinated by the wolf and vamps. Very Happy and i also did check the expansions and i did pass. Smile thankyou ms muffins Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 03:45

@sims3hope. I wanna ask what is the required or better processor to run and play games smoothly? Or  is 3ghz mostly will pass most of the heavy graphics games this days? Or what is the best team up of processor and memory or I should say Specs for the whole package to run games smoothly this days and onwards in the future if im ever gona upgrade my unit. 

No, Im using my 7yr old PC with that specs. lol And Im thinking if I already, really need to upgrade my unit? And btw with tuneup utility 2014 wc is free that im using, it has this PC performance optimizer wc recommends me to lower the graphics to improve my PCs performance. So I think im very low on visualization and effects here. Still its somewat laggy sometimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 04:18

my.potsiebeybe@gmx.us wrote:@sims3hope. I wanna ask what is the required or better processor to run and play games smoothly? Or  is 3ghz mostly will pass most of the heavy graphics games this days? Or what is the best team up of processor and memory or I should say Specs for the whole package to run games smoothly this days and onwards in the future if im ever gona upgrade my unit. 

No, Im using my 7yr old PC with that specs. lol And Im thinking if I already, really need to upgrade my unit? And btw with tuneup utility 2014 wc is free that im using, it has this PC performance optimizer wc recommends me to lower the graphics to improve my PCs performance. So I think im very low on visualization and effects here. Still its somewat laggy sometimes.
The Sims 3 minimum processor speed is 2.3 GHz. You have 3 GHz which is good, really good ( I have a 1.3 GHz processor DOES MY SPECS MEET ANY OF THE STUFF PACKS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS? Icon_rolleyes) I'd personally say having a 3GHz + processor is good in todays standards but I don't really know with technology and graphics getting better I think that a 5GHz processor is AMAZING and should keep you satisfied for a long time. 

You can buy more RAM and for cheap too. I've seen some online for $30 a stick which is 1 GB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 04:22

oh ok. still RAM is to consider tho right? Smile
Thanks anyways!
Do you know any good mod sites for sims 3?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 04:38

Yes! RAM is to consider. The more RAM, the more better. Mod the Sims is like the only Sims 3 modding site. Atleast the one that is the most well known and if there are other modding sites I wouldn't recommend them cause they won't have a good amount of selections to choose from.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 05:46

sims3hope wrote:....... Mod the Sims is like the only Sims 3 modding site. Atleast the one that is the most well known and if there are other modding sites I wouldn't recommend them cause they won't have a good amount of selections to choose from.
Actually there are several very good mod sites for the Sims 3, Mod The Sims is one of the top sites for most modding needs, ladyfrontbum has great default and non-default skins to make your sims look more realistic, NRAAS also has several must have mods that are updated with every patch, Simsasylum also has several great modders. There are several more great modders out there too like bluegenjutsu, shimrod, velocitygrass, treeag, granthes,Mutske, morphead and ShinoKCR just to name a few. These are all modders that I have used for years and have never had any gaming issues with their mods. You just have to make sure your using thier latest (updated) mods, and they all update thier mods very quickly.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 06:34

Wow thats a lot of modsites. Updated patches, updated mods-no gameplay issue. Got it. Thankyou Mr. Mod-erator XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top