Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buttons Look Weird & Have Strange Textures *See Picture*

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Buttons Look Weird & Have Strange Textures *See Picture* Empty Buttons Look Weird & Have Strange Textures *See Picture*

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jan 2018, 00:03

Hi,
The buttons in my game are messed up (see picture below). What can I do to fix this? I use CC but I'm not willing to get rid of it. What can I do? I have checked the list of broken mods and removed all mods that don't work. The buttons are still like that. Thanks!

Buttons Look Weird & Have Strange Textures *See Picture* 2018-010

//EDIT

Hi there,
It's been almost a week with no response. Does anyone have something that may help me? I understand that I have to be patient, but 6 days seems like enough time. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Buttons Look Weird & Have Strange Textures *See Picture* Empty Re: Buttons Look Weird & Have Strange Textures *See Picture*

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 25 Jan 2018, 22:23

Welcome to the Forum @comics4america and sorry for the belated reply,

You can go under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ and delete the following:
Buttons Look Weird & Have Strange Textures *See Picture* Icon_arrow  localthumbschace.package
Buttons Look Weird & Have Strange Textures *See Picture* Icon_arrow  the contents inside folder "cache" (not the actual "cache" folder though!)
Buttons Look Weird & Have Strange Textures *See Picture* Icon_arrow  and the contents inside the folder "cachestr" (not the actual "cachestr" folder though!)

Other than that, you will also have to at least try removing your mods/CC temporarily. 

You can also try playing around with graphics settings and see if that makes any difference; in particular try both marking and unmarking the box "laptop mode".

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Some general comments about moderation are in place as well. Keep in mind that if you do not get a reply within 24 hours after posting on the Forum, you are 'entitled' to message a Moderator, see Forum Rule #1 here. I know most people do not actively read rules when registering, but yes...

Another thing to keep in mind is that we traditionally have a very small team only; and it may not be always possible for us to get back to all questions. Good volunteer Helpers are nearly impossible to find these days; neither can we afford paying those volunteer Helpers nor can we grant Moderator powers all too easily. Typically, there are at any given moment people who are interested in joining the team, but almost all of them leave already after a few days. Reasons include general boredom, the feeling that questions are "repetitive", and occasionally also unrealistic demands for a high team member rank.

Nor are we a particularly active community. Even at the peak of this Forum during the era of the very popular Sims 3 (especially the years 2011-2014), the vast majority of people posted on here to get a quick fix for their Sims problem(s), and then left again. Some of those stuck around trying to help others, but not for very long usually. The same applies today. "Community", is what its members as a whole make of it. To a large extent it also has to do with creativity in my opinion, apart from being just an active poster, but let's not get too off-topic now.

As for me, 95% of what people describe on here in terms of bugs, I do not experience myself. Nor am I able to reproduce those bugs, which makes troubleshooting all the more difficult.

There is not much point for me in posting under each of these threads "I do not know the answer", I have to be that blunt. One other thing to be considered is to look at recent discussion threads, to see if someone else experienced a similar problem like you.

What we will be trying to do is come up with a Sticky post here with some generic tips and further links, and what can be done for those in-game issues.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Buttons Look Weird & Have Strange Textures *See Picture* Empty Re: Buttons Look Weird & Have Strange Textures *See Picture*

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jan 2018, 05:53

OK. I will try that. Thanks for replying!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Jan 2018, 21:12

comics4america wrote:OK. I will try that. Thanks for replying!

No problem at all, and good luck!

Always remember though, that in many such cases, only one incompatible mod/CC item is enough to cause problems. So yes, the culprit is typically found inside that "Mods"-folder.

I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Jan 2018, 03:03

I fixed the problem. It was a mod by AOM from Sims4Studio. Specifically the CC wrench hider.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Jan 2018, 16:24

comics4america wrote:I fixed the problem. It was a mod by AOM from Sims4Studio. Specifically the CC wrench hider.

Hmm..

Thanks for letting us know! Did you experience any other visual glitches, aside from the one you mentioned in the opening post? If I experienced it, and I badly wanted to keep the mod in, I would consider rolling with it, even if the glitch does not look very pleasant.

Maybe there will be an update for the mod though.

Did you need any further Support for the moment, or can we mark the topic as "solved"? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top