Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updates? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updates? [SOLVED] Empty Updates? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2018, 03:29

I'm using fitgirl's pack and everything is fine except i recently came across a lot that I cannot place "Cannot place content b/c it was created with newer version of the game" and I'm wondering how to update my game. It seems fitgirl has updated her upload today as well, but I am wondering if there is a way I can get an up to date game without redownloading everything and losing my game progress.

Back to top Go down

Updates? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Updates? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 04 Mar 2018, 10:32

sayayan wrote:I'm using fitgirl's pack and everything is fine except i recently came across a lot that I cannot place "Cannot place content b/c it was created with newer version of the game" and I'm wondering how to update my game. It seems fitgirl has updated her upload today as well, but I am wondering if there is a way I can get an up to date game without redownloading everything and losing my game progress.

Well, what is the patch version or latest DLC, in that FitGirl download?

If you refer to the Collection of Gallery items here, note that if you are using a Sims 4 game that is 'too old', the items in there may not be usable. Actually, the .rar files provided there have a patch version number in their filename...and for a reason. Items downloaded from there must be used on patch versions according to the filename, and higher.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2018, 11:19

@sayayan

By re-installing you do not loose your Game-Progress as that is stored in another directory.

I'm downloading Fitgirl's repack version 1.40.61.1020 now
I will try and see if in some way comparable with G4TW latest Game folder.
Will report later on (can take rather long though, installing is extremely slow)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 04 Mar 2018, 16:15

Tarac wrote:I will try and see if in some way *compatible with G4TW latest Game folder.

Those Sims 4 games should be technically (almost) identical. Those FitGirl torrents though have an "Origins.ini" file inside Game\Bin, the purpose of which I am not aware. It seems unrelated to the process of language change though, and can be deleted, from what I have seen.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2018, 16:22

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:I will try and see if in some way *compatible with G4TW latest Game folder.

Those Sims 4 games should be technically (almost) identical. Those FitGirl torrents though have an "Origins.ini" file inside Game\Bin, the purpose of which I am not aware. It seems unrelated to the process of language change though, and can be deleted, from what I have seen.
When you delete Origins.ini the languagechanger no longer functions (Origins.ini not found)
Via the languagechanger the new language immediately takes effect.
In our method via Origin.ini it changes the language only when you start the game as an Administrator.

Nevertheless I'm still struggling with Fitgirls 1.40.61.1020. Every time after just over 1 hour of installation (61,1%) it seems to be stuck on Ui.package.
After 7 hours I'm now on my 3rd attempt to get this pack installed.
I wish Fitgirl had made her download in an.iso format. It's nice that she can reduce the total download from 24 to 16 GB but extracting is painstaking slow.
The larger the files, the longer it takes to unpack (Fitgirl or Winrar). In these modern times you do not unpack or mount .iso's, you just open these with Windows Explorer within a second.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 04 Mar 2018, 16:29

Tarac wrote:When you delete Origins.ini the languagechanger no longer functions (Origins.ini not found)
In our method via Origin.ini it changes the language only when you start the game as an Administrator.

Nevertheless I'm still struggling with Fitgirls 1.40.61.1020. Every time after just over 1 hour of installation (61,1%) it seems to be stuck on Ui.package.

Ah, I see; I never bothered testing that method of language change in more detail.

As for this type of release...maybe it will now give you an understanding why we on here generally avoid using these fancy custom installers, and why our downloads are bigger in filesize than of some other uploaders.

They "super-compress" their releases, making the filesize of the torrent comparatively small. But the huge disadvantage is, that you have to go through these custom installers and it takes a long time usually, to get the thing installed. And at least in my experience, you should not necessarily expect the thing to work on the first attempt. I remember I once torrented a Fallout 4 Complete Edition, a file of about 30GB, and the installation took almost 2 hours. And only worked on the 2nd attempt.

Yes, the G4TW releases are bigger, and yes, in some cases they take longer to download fully. But to compensate for that, the usage/installation should go relatively painless. Well, at least most of the time.

Expect more difficulties along the way, when using these super-compressed releases...

Killkillkillkill!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2018, 16:33

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:When you delete Origins.ini the languagechanger no longer functions (Origins.ini not found)

Ah, I see; I never bothered testing that method of language change in more detail.

As for this type of release...maybe it will now give you an understanding why we on here generally avoid using these fancy custom installers, and why our downloads are bigger in filesize than of some other uploaders.

They "super-compress" their releases, making the filesize of the torrent comparatively small. But the huge disadvantage is, that you have to go through these custom installers and it takes a long time usually, to get the thing installed. And at least in my experience, you should not necessarily expect the thing to work on the first attempt. I remember I once torrented a Fallout 4 Complete Edition, a file of about 30GB, and the installation took almost 2 hours. And only worked on the 2nd attempt.

Yes, the G4TW releases are bigger, and yes, in some cases they take longer to download fully. But to compensate for that, the usage/installation should go relatively painless. Well, at least most of the time.

Expect more difficulties along the way, when using these super-compressed releases...

Killkillkillkill!
This should also be a reason to switch from Winrar to .iso. (file-size is almost the same)
You dont have to unpack an. iso, just mount it.
Nowadays you don't even have to mount it, open it with Windows Explorer and it is ready for use.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 04 Mar 2018, 16:48

Tarac wrote:This should also be a reason to switch from Winrar to .iso. (file-size is almost the same)

I'll gladly leave this to you to post these all-in-one .ISO files, in case (new) users need an easy start in The Sims 4.  Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2018, 17:04

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:This should also be a reason to switch from Winrar to .iso. (file-size is almost the same)

I'll gladly leave this to you to post these all-in-one .ISO files, in case (new) users need an easy start in The Sims 4.  Yess, aye lieeke!
You mean I can publish my download for the all-in-one on this forum ?
I'd love to, but want to publish as a .torrent.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 04 Mar 2018, 17:15

Tarac wrote:You mean I can publish my download for the all-in-one on this forum ?
I'd love to, but want to publish as a .torrent.

I was thinking here about those direct download links that you post on occasion here, for users in need of an easy start to TS4. Because official torrents are still announced/released by ~Ann~. 

And the "Complete Collection" of The Sims 4 that we will release at some point will probably still be in .rar format. Though it may be possible for us to get creative, and release two versions of the final TS4. Who knows?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2018, 19:02

@Tarac
Any luck with the fitgirl? I've had issues with it getting stuck before and just deleted/uninstalled and tried again.

@The_gh0stm4n
How do I check what version I have? The post itself has been updated so I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure had all expansions. I just used fitgirl cause it was the first thing that popped up for me and was an easy one step process. Considering switching over to g4tw, but how would I go about that? If I just download and install will it automatically install over the fitgirl installation or do I have to uninstall first?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 05 Mar 2018, 19:30

sayayan wrote:@The_gh0stm4n
How do I check what version I have? The post itself has been updated so I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure had all expansions. I just used fitgirl cause it was the first thing that popped up for me and was an easy one step process. Considering switching over to g4tw, but how would I go about that? If I just download and install will it automatically install over the fitgirl installation or do I have to uninstall first?

If you actually started up the FitGirl-version, go under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and open the file GameVersion.txt. Look at the number in there. Alternatively, I think you can also simply go under where the game's .exe is located, typically C:\Program files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. Hover with the mouse over the TS4.exe, and look for something that says "File version" or so. The patch number of the game should be displayed there as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2018, 19:50

sayayan wrote:@Tarac
Any luck with the fitgirl? I've had issues with it getting stuck before and just deleted/uninstalled and tried again.
After many hours and 3 attempts that all resulted in a freeze at 61,1% I decided to make my own all-in-one
You can find it on https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32895-the-sims-4-all-in-one-from-base-to-jungle-adventues-version-1-40-61-1020?nid=218#191251
No installation required, just download - copy to your disk - Play

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 05 Mar 2018, 23:39

Tarac wrote:After many hours and 3 attempts that all resulted in a freeze at 61,1% I decided to make my own all-in-one
You can find it on https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32895-the-sims-4-all-in-one-from-base-to-jungle-adventues-version-1-40-61-1020?nid=218#191251

That installer (like virtually all of them) most likely has a pre-defined install location. Did you change the install path maybe? Sometimes, deviating from the pre-defined installation path can cause issues with these custom installers.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Mar 2018, 10:09

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:After many hours and 3 attempts that all resulted in a freeze at 61,1% I decided to make my own all-in-one

That installer (like virtually all of them) most likely has a pre-defined install location. Did you change the install path maybe? Sometimes, deviating from the pre-defined installation path can cause issues with these custom installers.
yes I did, but that doesn.t explain why everytime at 61,1 % (extracting UI.package) it froze. Probably something wrong with the download.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 06 Mar 2018, 16:46

Tarac wrote:yes I did, but that doesn't explain (...)

In my experience the "explanation" is simply that many of those custom installers are not programmed to accept installation paths different than the pre-defined one. There's no guarantee of course, but still, feel free to try it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Mar 2018, 17:29

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:yes I did, but that doesn't explain (...)

In my experience the "explanation" is simply that many of those custom installers are not programmed to accept installation paths different than the pre-defined one. There's no guarantee of course, but still, feel free to try it.
It creates the path indicated by myself, it copies all the folders and contents to that specific path and freezes when it tries to extract Ui.package.
So I don't think it has anything to do with any path whatsoever.
All previous Fitgirl downloads worked flawlessly irrespective of path chosen.

Installing takes hours, besides the long download, reason why I made my own all-in download
Download - Open with Explorer - Copy anywhere on your (external) HDD - Play
No installation required, no time consuming extractions, no pre-fixed directories, no patches and ready for future updates via G4TW
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32895-the-sims-4-all-in-one-from-base-to-jungle-adventues-version-1-40-61-1020#191230

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 06 Mar 2018, 17:39

Tarac wrote:It creates the path indicated by myself, it copies all the folders and contents to that specific path and freezes when it tries to extract Ui.package.

Installing takes hours, besides the long download, reason why I made my own all-in download
No installation required, no time consuming extractions, no pre-fixed directories, no patches and ready for future updates via G4TW
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32895-the-sims-4-all-in-one-from-base-to-jungle-adventues-version-1-40-61-1020#191230

As a last ditch-effort, you could try re-downloading with a different torrent client, but at that point, I don't really think it's worth the (time) effort.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Mar 2018, 17:56

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:It creates the path indicated by myself, it copies all the folders and contents to that specific path and freezes when it tries to extract Ui.package.

As a last ditch-effort, you could try re-downloading with a different torrent client, but at that point, I don't really think it's worth the (time) effort.
I quite agree with that:  it's not worth the effort

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2018, 00:16

Tarac wrote:
sayayan wrote:@Tarac
After many hours and 3 attempts that all resulted in a freeze at 61,1% I decided to make my own all-in-one

Thank you! And thank you @The_gh0stm4n as well~

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 07 Mar 2018, 15:26

@sayayan, did you have any further concerns for the moment, or can we mark the topic as "solved"? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2018, 18:19

The_gh0stm4n wrote:@sayayan, did you have any further concerns for the moment, or can we mark the topic as "solved"? Smile

im good for now!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 07 Mar 2018, 19:27

Problem solved, topic closed. Have fun with the game, and feel free to get back in touch with us again, anytime! 

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top