Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reinstalling...updates aswell??? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reinstalling...updates aswell??? [SOLVED] Empty Reinstalling...updates aswell??? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2019, 13:52

hey guys, i was just wondering, im reinstalling my games on my new pc (yay)...do i have to download all the smaller updates/fixes in between or are they included in the main files..thankyou

Back to top Go down

Reinstalling...updates aswell??? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Reinstalling...updates aswell??? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2019, 14:09

Read this installation guide: https://www.games4theworld.club/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Especially the text at the top of the guide.

Back to top Go down

Reinstalling...updates aswell??? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Reinstalling...updates aswell??? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2019, 15:18

thankyou, ive had a look at this but ive already got my packs downloaded from here so it will probably be easier to do it the usual way im used to i just wasnt sure if i needed each patch aswell...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 14 Oct 2019, 15:32

manda3000 wrote:thankyou, ive had a look at this but ive already got my packs downloaded from here so it will probably be easier to do it the usual way im used to i just wasnt sure if i needed each patch aswell...

The easiest way would be to re-download the Sim Architect pack, and then you only need to download G4TW's newest patch (1.56.52.1020). It's water under the bridge in your case, but for the future, try backing up your actual installation folder of The Sims 4 - currently a little more than 35 GB in size. And not those individual torrents. I believe I put such a notice as well, somewhere in the - admittedly long - introduction in that TS4 Must-Read.

Because if you have the installation folder backed up, all you then need to do is to copy-paste the folder back onto your new computer's hard-drive.

Cookie from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2019, 11:43

Me again, so its only just sank in my tired head about copy and pastin my installation folder to my new hard drive 😴...no idea why i had in my head i needed to install it all again... Anyway new pc has a hdd where i want my sims to run off. As it wont be in c/programs, is there a particular method i need as i crnt seem to find or do i just copy and paste..... Thankyou sorry for being a pain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2019, 12:31

Just copy and paste. Cracked game doesn't need any registry entries so you don't have to worry about them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2019, 12:37

Thankyou

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 16 Oct 2019, 21:21

And just a general addendum, for people reading up on these threads, and better comprehension.

manda3000 wrote:(...) updates/fixes in between or are they included in the main files..thankyou

Yes, (in theory) you have to install all the items listed on the TS4 Must-Read. Otherwise we would not have added them to the list. Either way, I assume your problem has come to a conclusion, so I will close the thread now. Feel free to open a new thread again, anytime.

Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top