Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do all Sims 4 cracks need to be of the same owner?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do all Sims 4 cracks need to be of the same owner? Empty Do all Sims 4 cracks need to be of the same owner?

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2018, 09:56

I am asking this because I had the base game crack from ElAmigos and installed G4TW expansions and I started having problems.

My settings menu was almost empty (on the left I could only see "Graphics" and the middle screen was empty) and in CAS the man/woman icon was gone.
I can't play without being able to change the settings of the game...
When I installed only the ElAmigos base game everything worked fine.

So do I have to install all cracks of the same owner (G4TW or ElAmigos)?
Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Do all Sims 4 cracks need to be of the same owner? Empty Re: Do all Sims 4 cracks need to be of the same owner?

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2018, 11:04

I'm not familiar with ElAmigos but if their base game is constructed with the 3DM crack, then it is not comparable with the G4TW versions as they are based on the cracks by Reloaded en since My First Pet of those by Codex.

Back to top Go down

Do all Sims 4 cracks need to be of the same owner? Empty Re: Do all Sims 4 cracks need to be of the same owner?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Mar 2018, 15:45

Laura_0623 wrote:I am asking this because I had the base game crack from ElAmigos and installed G4TW expansions and I started having problems.

My settings menu was almost empty (on the left I could only see "Graphics" and the middle screen was empty) and in CAS the man/woman icon was gone.

Thank you.

Welcome to the Forum @Laura_0623,

Which G4TW expansions did you install (on top of that "ElAmigo"-basegame), and in which order exactly? Did you install them in the order as laid out here?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2018, 16:19

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Laura_0623 wrote:I am asking this because I had the base game crack from ElAmigos and installed G4TW expansions and I started having problems.

Thank you.

Welcome to the Forum @Laura_0623,

Which G4TW expansions did you install (on top of that "ElAmigo"-basegame), and in which order exactly? Did you install them in the order as laid out here?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

First I installed the base game by elamigos. And after that I can't remember the order... For laundry day and jungle adventures I didn't have an installer, just the patch data. I copied that to the install folder of the sims 4. I can't see if those expansions are G4TW, but I think they are not from ElAmigos.
At last I had another installer for My first pet stuff and that was ElAmigos as well...
After I noticed it wasn't working (settings menu empty) I uninstalled it.
Now I only have the ElAmigos base game and the My first pet stuff from ElAmigos installed and it is working fine (I just miss laundry day and jungle adventure).

But you think that if I install in the right order it will work?
I can't see why the order of copying things matters...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2018, 16:24

Laura_0623 wrote:But you think that if I install in the right order it will work?
I can't see why the order of copying things matters...
Every DLC overwrites (parts of) the previous installation
In case you would start with My First Pet and then overwrite with Get to Work you would lose all interactions between Get to Work and My First Pet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2018, 18:06

Tarac wrote:Every DLC overwrites (parts of) the previous installation
In case you would start with My First Pet and then overwrite with Get to Work you would lose all interactions between Get to Work and My First Pet.

I get that the installation order matters, but for Laundry day and Jungle adventure I didn't use installer, but I just copied the files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2018, 18:18

With the exception of the base game all DLC's are based on copy/paste and not on Installers
No installation required. That's why installation-order is so important.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Mar 2018, 18:48

Laura_0623 wrote:I can't see why the order of copying things matters...

A hypothetical scenario:

Assuming you have absolutely ZERO (meaningful) knowledge about computers, there would still be a way to "somehow figure out" that the install order matters.

Why would we go through the effort of writing all this up, if the install order did not matter? Just to get on people's nerves? Is that a likely scenario? I don't think so.

But to use a more practical example. Many of these DLC files contain a ClientDeltaBuild0.package file. Over time, EA/Origin are making changes to said file. For one DLC, there is "one version" of this particular file. With the next DLC, there are almost always updates to the file: so you have a new version of it. These files change over time, therefore you need to apply (copy/paste) them in a particular order.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top