Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did the long 15ish step install and I'm missing one pack...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Did the long 15ish step install and I'm missing one pack... Empty Did the long 15ish step install and I'm missing one pack...

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 09:36

So I'm not sure. I could have sworn I did everything right, I followed everything step by step however I was on my 3 reinstall when I finally got everything working, so I must have skipped the jungle pack. Can I just go back and add it? I know I have to copy it straight into the program files at this point and not into the other folder... Will it mess anything up if I do, or even do not add it?
Btw the reason it took me three times is one time my kid walked in and distacted me so I accidently dropped seasons into goodness knows where and tbe other two times I was trying to install it side by side with my legit copy but it ended up just causing confusion. I'm pretty tech savvy and never have issues so the far this took me 12 hours and I still missed a pack frustrates me...
So help can I add it now or rather should I? Or would I mees to do a full uninstall and redo it, or ? I've been working on the game for 17 hours and just wanna play, but at the same time am like well I may as well do it right. Can I add it at a later date if I wish?
Tia

Back to top Go down

silent install - Did the long 15ish step install and I'm missing one pack... Empty Re: Did the long 15ish step install and I'm missing one pack...

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 09:42

Applying just the Jungle will mess it up. You need to apply My First Pet and Seasons afterwards and it should be good. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

silent install - Did the long 15ish step install and I'm missing one pack... Empty Re: Did the long 15ish step install and I'm missing one pack...

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 09:54

Ok I just realized something... See I'm already in the game when I was building a sim and the clothing came up as not having the jungle pack. I thought hmm that's strange I coyld have sworn it was listed in the sims 4 load screen. But blew it off think that hmm must have messed it up. Lol so I posted about the question. Went to add my next sim, I wanted a pet... Well I know for sure the pets were listed on the load screen as filled in. But there is no option to add a pet. So I was like huh? I just saved, went back to the main load screen/option screen and sure enough jungle and pets are both filled in.
So I did load the jungle and pets. The icon is filled in, but alas there is no way to add a pet (I know how as I own dogs and cats) and while the main screen registers both jungle and pets neither are in the game....

Do I start over again? What could I have done wrong that would have seasons working, but dogs and cats/jungle are showing up on the first screen but not in the game? Just asking because if I'm doing this again I need to know what to watch out for...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 09:57

Forgot to add this image
silent install - Did the long 15ish step install and I'm missing one pack... 15300811silent install - Did the long 15ish step install and I'm missing one pack... 15300811

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 10:16

Ok I'm thinking it might be something about 32 and 64 bit? Maybe I opened the incorrect one?
Now I'm looking at the store and I do not see laundry stuff...
Ok I just check through the buy mode and these are not listed, cats and dogs, laundry day, jungle and my first pets.
However season stuff is here!

I'm going to recheck how I opened it I guess? It seems like it would all be here as it shows up in the load world/game as the icons filled in (as seen in pic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 11:07

They show up on load screen as owned. Hover on them and it will say that installation is needed or something. Do what I said but start with Cats & Dogs. So step #11 of the guide.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 18:34

I figured it out. I was just so stumped because the sims 4 file was even showing up as the right size. Well the reason was Jungle and I think it was cats and dogs had been added to the actual file (like the folder was in the file)! I realized that I had taken a break right before dogs and when I came back instead of opening the folder and moving the contents I the entire folders.
So it was an easy fix I just pulled the folders out and moved them back in correctly (in the advised order of course).
Only 24 hours time it took! Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top