Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game not opening [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game not opening [SOLVED] Empty Game not opening [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jun 2018, 03:02

Been a long time since I've needed to post on here  Shocked

I had TS3, Generations, Pets, and Seasons installed and working smoothly (from G4TW)
I decided I wanted to also add Uni Life and World Adventures after playing for a few days, so I installed them.
The game loaded but I noticed I didn't have custom worlds showing up so I went to check that out.
When I tried to play the game again, I got an initialization error. I worked back through cracking to see if that was the problem, removed all CC, deleted my entire documents/EA folder, etc, no luck. So, I uninstalled everything and started fresh.
I followed the How To Install post to the T, cracked, updated, etc. Tried to open the game and.... Nothing. It doesn't do anything.
I tried playing from the launcher and also opening the TS3W file, but nothing happens. I opened my processes and I can see that TS3 process begins but then it just ends without anything popping up, no errors either. 
I also tried uninstalling everything AGAIN, and I only installed TS3 base game + Town Life. Same thing happened, nothing.

Back to top Go down

Game not opening [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game not opening [SOLVED]

Post by Dracos66 Sat 30 Jun 2018, 07:12

When you uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, reinstalled, did you reboot your system at all?

When was the last time you defragged your HDD? SSDs don't need defragging so if the Sims 3 is installed on an SSD ignore the question.

What patch level is your game at? 1.67? 1.69?
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jun 2018, 07:19

Dracos66 wrote:When you uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, reinstalled, did you reboot your system at all?

When was the last time you defragged your HDD? SSDs don't need defragging so if the Sims 3 is installed on an SSD ignore the question.

What patch level is your game at? 1.67? 1.69?
Yes, rebooting was actually the very first thing I tried, and I rebooted several times after that. I actually had to at one point because in processes tab, I could see TS3 frantically trying to start. It would open 5-6 processes and close them very quickly, over and over, meanwhile nothing was actually happening on screen lol. The only way to make it stop was to shut down.

I haven't defragged, but I can try that next. I'll go ahead and uninstall TS3 and Town Life since it's still installed from my last try, then defrag, reboot, and start fresh. 

I use the manual patch from here, I believe it is 1.67

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2018, 16:41

Wow, I just fixed the darn thing. It seemed to be a compatibility issue, which makes NO sense consider my system hasn't changed at all. I was just messing around since defrag didn't work, and I right clicked and chose "troubleshoot problems" on the TS3W.exe in game bin. I went through some seemingly irrelevant options and, when finished, the game opened and is now at the loading screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 03 Jul 2018, 21:34

monicareneee wrote:Wow, I just fixed the darn thing. It seemed to be a compatibility issue, which makes NO sense consider my system hasn't changed at all. I was just messing around since defrag didn't work, and I right clicked and chose "troubleshoot problems" on the TS3W.exe in game bin. I went through some seemingly irrelevant options and, when finished, the game opened and is now at the loading screen.

It was probably a corrupt shortcut link or a mis-checked compatibility setting. Glad to hear it is loading. I'll leave this open for a couple more days in case it acts up again.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top