Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game close after opening

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game close after opening Empty Game close after opening

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 13:29

:newfag:  I have been using my sims for 1 year and there was no problem until some few days back. my sims open and play correctly for some minutes but after a few minutes it stop responding. i want to play sims 3 but im unable to. can anyone help Help

Back to top Go down

Game close after opening Empty Re: Game close after opening

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 19:47

Hello, Smile
You can look at this topic to see if it helps your problem at all:
1. https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014
Let us know the results! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 20:05

i will test each one and let you know

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 20:50

Please do!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Feb 2014, 09:40

i tried all the solution but none are working. do you have any more suggestion ?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 11 Feb 2014, 23:23

tinalaurena wrote:i tried all the solution but none are working. do you have any more suggestion ?

Hello,

I may have an idea what could have gone wrong...but let's see.

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves. Make a BACKUP copy of that whole "Saves" folder somewhere. There, look for a folder that looks like this:

(Name of your savegame).sims3 ..... -> please MOVE this folder out somewhere, for example onto your desktop. Then, look for the following folder:

(Name of your savegame).sims3.backup ..... -> please remove the .backup ending in the folder's name, so that it looks like the folder you just moved out.

Now download and apply the "save files cleaner" from Lady ElDi's opening post here. Double-click on the program to open it. Now you basically scroll to the location of the savefolder you just renamed (the folder from which you removed the .backup-ending). Choose the .nhd file inside it and let the cleaner finish its job; it shouldn't take too long.

You should get a message that the cleaning is finished - so close the program now.

And then re-start your game and play your "old" save. You may have lost some in-game progress, but see if you get any problems with that. I'm mentioning all of this because you are likely to get problems in your savefile if you play it for a long(er) period of time.

Good luck ! Smile

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 09:32

i tried this as well. at first it was working pretty good but after one hour it crashes again. thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 14 Feb 2014, 02:17

tinalaurena wrote:i tried this as well. at first it was working pretty good but after one hour it crashes again. thank you

Now, have another look at this here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Even though you said you have done the steps, re-read it. If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has less than 4 GB of RAM...

Then go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Also, try making a completely new savegame, with new sims, and play on for a while. Good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Feb 2014, 19:57

i tried to use this patch but it is not working. i always got this error message saying that i couldnit open executable. i already started a new game but this as well crashes
My system requirement are as follows : 64 bit operating system and i have 4.00GB (3.87 GB usable) i guess i should re-read everything again. Thank you for helping

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Feb 2014, 05:54

tinalaurena wrote:i tried to use this patch but it is not working. i always got this error message saying that i couldnit open executable. i already started a new game but this as well crashes
My system requirement are as follows : 64 bit operating system and i have 4.00GB (3.87 GB usable) i guess i should re-read everything again. Thank you for helping

Hello again,

I'm afraid there is not much else I can suggest at this point. Are you sure you're trying to apply the 4 GB patch to the correct file ? The TS3W.exe, in your base game location ?

Sometimes it can help if you un-install the base game (via your System Control Panel) and re-boot the computer.

Afterwards, re-install the base game again, and re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Also, did you do anythings specific before this crashing occurred..? Have you tried step #1 in the topic on crashing, that was was posted here ? This means, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/ and rename the fodler "The Sims 3", into anything you like. Just change the folder's name.

Now, re-start the game again, make another new save and play on for a while.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Feb 2014, 14:09

Hello, i did rename my folder, remove all my custom contents and many more. i guess im left with reinstalling my sims 3 base game. Before crashing i installed sims 3 Pets and Showtime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top