Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I still salvage the mistakes I've made concerning TS4_Basepatch_1-41-38-1020 ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Can I still salvage the mistakes I've made concerning TS4_Basepatch_1-41-38-1020 ? Empty Can I still salvage the mistakes I've made concerning TS4_Basepatch_1-41-38-1020 ?

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jul 2018, 20:40

Hello,

Disclaimer: I'm a complete noob when it comes to computers.

I already owned a cracked Multi.17 version of The Sims 4 which had all DLCs up until Cats and Dogs EP (which was the latest version available at the time) and it has treated me very well and has been performing great. However, I recently wanted to install The Wicked Whims mod for my game, but I found that the version that I had was too outdated. 

Seeing that I couldn't find an earlier version of Wicked Whims, I figured the next best thing was to update my current cracked Sims 4 game, which subsequently led me to your TS4 Basepatch for version 1.41.38.1020. After reading the information, I stupidly assumed that the basepatch update would simply update my base game and leave all the DLCs etc alone, effectively allowing me to run the Wicked Whims Mod including all my DLCs. Obviously, I was wrong.

Nevertheless, the installation of the Basepatch went perfectly. I did, prior to the installation, move both the "game" file (as instructed) as well as all of my saves to a seperate folder on my desktop. After installation, I added my save files and started up the game after which it ran perfectly, except for the fact that it recognised NONE of my expansions and other DLCs. 

This is where I panicked and everything went downhill. 

I first tried to go back to my original cracked Multi.17 version of TS4 and copy and paste all files that contained the Stuff Packs, Expansion Packs etc  from that folder and pasted it into my Local Disk(C:)/Program Files/The Sims 4 folder (making sure not to copy and paste any folders that might override any Basepatch folders; I only had the intention of 'fixing' this absent DLC problem by adding onto the Basepatch game files, not replacing them). When I started up the game again, however, it still didn't recognise any difference.

After googling and trying to figure out how to revert the idiotic changes I'd made, I resigned to just giving up and decided to just delete everything associated with the Basepatch and attempt to reinstall my original Multi.17 TS4. This whole process resulted in me deleting a lot of other things including my Temporary files and other applications/programs in an attempt to free up space on my Local Disk.

I now am left with my old saves, my old "game" file and possibly risidual files from the Basepatch that were merged during the installation process and that I might've overlooked during the deletion process. I can't even restore previous versions of anything through Windows 7 because I didn't back anything up in that regard.

I'm sincerely sorry for my messy explanation and lack of knowledge concerning this topic.  At the moment I really just want to get my TS4 game up and running again with all of my CC and save files.

Thank you for your willingness to assist!

Regards
Phlerb

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Can I still salvage the mistakes I've made concerning TS4_Basepatch_1-41-38-1020 ? Empty Re: Can I still salvage the mistakes I've made concerning TS4_Basepatch_1-41-38-1020 ?

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jul 2018, 03:30

First of all if you want to keep your saves, make a copy of "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" and keep it safe.

Delete any Sims 4 installation folders you have. This should be enough.

Install your Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Multi 17 release.

Now you have two options. Install everything from G4TW releases that came out after Cats & Dogs (not "base patch only", normal releases) https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/downloads-f1/where-to-find-games4theworld-downloads-t53.htm

Or install my full patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t33100-the-sims-4-alternative-installers-install-dlcs-in-any-order-you-want

If you install G4TW releases you'll end up with fully updated Sims 4 with all DLCs.
If you install my full patch you'll end up with fully updated Sims 4 with DLCs up to Cats & Dogs.

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Can I still salvage the mistakes I've made concerning TS4_Basepatch_1-41-38-1020 ? Empty Re: Can I still salvage the mistakes I've made concerning TS4_Basepatch_1-41-38-1020 ?

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jul 2018, 09:10

Or download the all-in-one which contains everything from base game upto and incl. update 1.44.88.1020 for Seasons
Look HERE

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Jul 2018, 16:06

Phlerb wrote:Hello,

Sorry to hear about these problems,

Can you tell us what kind of information you would have needed, to "not assume that the Basepatch would update the base game"? A.k.a. if we should re-write the instructions for that Basepatch? With the "full patch" from @anadius1, we might as well discontinue our official base(game)patches. And in light of these difficulties that a lot of people are experiencing.

Contrary to what most people think, you don't need to be a professor of computer science/engineering to make these G4TW torrents work. Maybe part of the difficulty in your case was also that you grabbed a Sims 4 installation from another source originally, than G4TW. So you weren't familiar with the details of the G4TW-style repacks.

We'll see what we do.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jul 2018, 17:30

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Phlerb wrote:Hello,

Sorry to hear about these problems,

Can you tell us what kind of information you would have needed, to "not assume that the Basepatch would update the base game"? A.k.a. if we should re-write the instructions for that Basepatch? With the "full patch" from @anadius1, we might as well discontinue our official base(game)patches. And in light of these difficulties that a lot of people are experiencing.

Contrary to what most people think, you don't need to be a professor of computer science/engineering to make these G4TW torrents work. Maybe part of the difficulty in your case was also that you grabbed a Sims 4 installation from another source originally, than G4TW. So you weren't familiar with the details of the G4TW-style repacks.

We'll see what we do.

Thanks for replying, 

In regards to the instructions for the Basepatch, I really think that I was at fault as I was rather over-zealous in trying to find a quick fix to my issue. Therefore, when I read "It will update your TS4 basegame to the latest available patch version without actually adding any of the DLC content" I misunderstood it and thought that as I already have all the DLCs, it won't be an issue that this Basepatch doesn't add any DLCs and everything will therefore turn out even. 

Although, now looking back, I see how it should've been obvious that installing the Basepatch would negate any previous DLCs because of the fact that in the "additional notes", one of the points say "Should you later on decide that you DO want to download/install further DLC". This should've told me that my initial assumption that it would leave my DLCs untouched was wrong.

Also, I do agree with your observation that my difficulty stemmed from the fact that my original Sims 4 game wasn't from G4TW and I, being inexperienced and trigger happy, thought that my DLCs from my original Multi.17 Sims 4 would cooperate/work alongside the Basepatch from G4TW, which I'll admit doesn't make sense either since it's from 2 different authors.

So, no, I don't think the instructions for the Basepatch were ambiguous, I think I just rushed into it without properly thinking it through.

I'm not sure if you should discontinue your work. As you said, some people might not have the appropriate specs or space on their PC to run a fully updated TS4 and thus would find your base game/Basepatch really helpful. In the end, it all depends on how you feel about it. Maybe get the opinions of some of your long-term supporters/fans?

Thanks again for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Jul 2018, 18:06

Phlerb wrote:

Thanks for replying, 

In regards to the instructions for the Basepatch, I really think that I was at fault as I was rather over-zealous in trying to find a quick fix to my issue. Therefore, when I read "It will update your TS4 basegame to the latest available patch version without actually adding any of the DLC content" I misunderstood it and thought that as I already have all the DLCs, it won't be an issue that this Basepatch doesn't add any DLCs and everything will therefore turn out even. 

Although, now looking back, I see how it should've been obvious that installing the Basepatch would negate any previous DLCs because of the fact that in the "additional notes", one of the points say "Should you later on decide that you DO want to download/install further DLC". This should've told me that my initial assumption that it would leave my DLCs untouched was wrong.

Also, I do agree with your observation that my difficulty stemmed from the fact that my original Sims 4 game wasn't from G4TW and I, being inexperienced and trigger happy, thought that my DLCs from my original Multi.17 Sims 4 would cooperate/work alongside the Basepatch from G4TW, which I'll admit doesn't make sense either since it's from 2 different authors.

So, no, I don't think the instructions for the Basepatch were ambiguous, I think I just rushed into it without properly thinking it through.

I'm not sure if you should discontinue your work. As you said, some people might not have the appropriate specs or space on their PC to run a fully updated TS4 and thus would find your base game/Basepatch really helpful. In the end, it all depends on how you feel about it. Maybe get the opinions of some of your long-term supporters/fans?

That's actually good input; I believe the .txt file included with the basepatch still has the old multi-step installation guide. Maybe we will try making the included .txt more like the Forum message here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32786-the-sims-4-basepatch-version-1-41-38-1020

Thanks again for your feedback!  Very Happy  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jul 2018, 22:49

anadius1 wrote:First of all if you want to keep your saves, make a copy of "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" and keep it safe.

Delete any Sims 4 installation folders you have. This should be enough.

Install your Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Multi 17 release.

Now you have two options. Install everything from G4TW releases that came out after Cats & Dogs (not "base patch only", normal releases) https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/downloads-f1/where-to-find-games4theworld-downloads-t53.htm

Or install my full patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t33100-the-sims-4-alternative-installers-install-dlcs-in-any-order-you-want

If you install G4TW releases you'll end up with fully updated Sims 4 with all DLCs.
If you install my full patch you'll end up with fully updated Sims 4 with DLCs up to Cats & Dogs.

Tarac wrote:Or download the all-in-one which contains everything from base game upto and incl. update 1.44.88.1020 for Seasons
Look HERE

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Phlerb wrote:

Thanks for replying, 

That's actually good input; I believe the .txt file included with the basepatch still has the old multi-step installation guide. Maybe we will try making the included .txt more like the Forum message here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32786-the-sims-4-basepatch-version-1-41-38-1020

Thanks again for your feedback!  Very Happy  Carlos is tha man
HI!

I just wanted to come back to thank everyone whom replied to my post! After the entire ordeal I endured I feel like a greater token of appreciation is in order than simply "Thank[ing]" everyone through a button Oh my...

You guys helped me tremendously and I used all of your advice to finally get to this point, where my game is up and running on the latest version available, whilst all mods, gallery uploads AND save files are perfectly intact!

Thank you so very much for taking the time to reply and help me.

Wish you all a great year going forward!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top