Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't download Manual Patch 1.67.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Can't download Manual Patch 1.67. Empty Can't download Manual Patch 1.67.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2018, 09:50

:xI'm trying to download UF 1.67, but it won't download. I get a message saying " 1.6GB is too large for Google Drive to scan for viruses. Would you like to download it anyway?" - but, when I click the 'download anyway' button, it DOES NOT download the file, it simply opens a new window with the same message and button.  Mad

I've now got half a dozen Edge windows open and I'm still not able to download the file (I've also tried Opera, Chrome and Firefox - same deal).

Any ideas why it won't download - and, more pertinently, how I DO go about downloading it? 

Thanks

ZM

P.S Computer has been virus scanned -  all clear.

Back to top Go down

silent install - Can't download Manual Patch 1.67. Empty Re: Can't download Manual Patch 1.67.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2018, 10:00

In some browsers you do not immediatley notice that the download is available.
Have a good look at the bottom of your screen when you pressed download anayway.

Back to top Go down

silent install - Can't download Manual Patch 1.67. Empty Re: Can't download Manual Patch 1.67.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2018, 10:05

What part of "it DOES NOT download" are you having a problem understanding...? I realise English isn't your first language, but I'd have thought that was more than clear. 

No download. File does not download. No file download - what more do you want - a picture...?!  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2018, 11:11

Now tried every single download link i can find - i STILL CANNOT download the file. Been trying for almost an hour now. I can get as far as the popup at the bottom of the screen with 'what do you want to do with this file' - but, no matter what I choose NOTHING HAPPENS. The box stays and the file does NOT download.  Help

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Jul 2018, 11:16

Zombie Monkey wrote:I realise English isn't your first language, 

What about this here?
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe

Edginess and your (likely) fatigue aside, can we maybe try keeping things civil here? Tarac's advice is right and besides, the GoogleDrive link still seems to work, for me at least. But we will try checking again later in more detail.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Wed 25 Jul 2018, 22:41

Zombie Monkey wrote:Now tried every single download link i can find - i STILL CANNOT download the file. Been trying for almost an hour now. I can get as far as the popup at the bottom of the screen with 'what do you want to do with this file' - but, no matter what I choose NOTHING HAPPENS. The box stays and the file does NOT download.  Help

I'm assuming you have a Google account and that you have enough space on your HDD for the file so here are a few things you can try.

Have you tried using a different browser other than MicroSucks Edge? Firefox? Chrome?

If you have tried the link with other browsers and its still not downloading, have you tried clearing the internet cache and rebooting?
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

silent install - Can't download Manual Patch 1.67. Empty Trying to install TS3 Store Fix

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2018, 22:53

but I've run into a problem in that there is NO 'mods' folder in This PC/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 - do I simply create one...?

I installed the Complete Store from here (so all TS3pack files). A lot of store items are still locked so I'm presuming this ought to fix it (and I'm not talking about monthly downloads, I'm meaning regular store items - both in CAS and buy/build modes). 

But how do I install a fix to a folder which doesn't exist...?

ZM

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 26 Jul 2018, 00:17

Zombie Monkey wrote:I installed the Complete Store from here (so all TS3pack files). A lot of store items are still locked (...)

//MERGED

I've merged the new question to your existing thread. Smile  So I guess you managed to overcome your original issue of not being able to download the manual patch? As for the new problem, note that you must start the game at least once, for the folder to show up under Documents\Electronic Arts. You can simply start up the game, wait until the main menu shows up, and then exit again. 

After that you should see a folder "The Sims 3", under Documents\Electronic Arts\. And in that "The Sims 3"-folder, goes the "Mods"-framework folder. Read all about it here if you are not yet familiar:
https://games4theworld.org/Guides/How_to_install_.package_files_Guide.pdf

And of course, once you set up that Mod framework correctly, you also need to insert the store fix files, properly.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top