Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issue trying to update my Sims 3 Patch(Ultimate Fix and Manual Patch not working)HELP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issue trying to update my Sims 3 Patch(Ultimate Fix and Manual Patch not working)HELP Empty Issue trying to update my Sims 3 Patch(Ultimate Fix and Manual Patch not working)HELP

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2016, 07:30

Hi!
So today I tried to update my patch to the latest version 1.67 and after ages of downloading it I clicked on it and after a couple of seconds it says that 'the setup does not detect the Sims 3 on my system and without it I can't install this' or something along those lines, point being its not recognizing that the sims 3 is already on my computer.
I tried opening it as an admin, but it didn't work. I even downloaded the manual patch from this same site in hopes it would fix it and it was also a no-go.

I'm not great with computers, my biggest achievement to date is to have installed the sims 3 and its expansion packs up to Island Paradise, which still surprises me that I was capable of it till today, so please, please, explain to me what I have to do with lots of patience.

Thanks in advance to anybody that might answer me.

Last edited by RayRay on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 00:42; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Issue trying to update my Sims 3 Patch(Ultimate Fix and Manual Patch not working)HELP Empty Re: Issue trying to update my Sims 3 Patch(Ultimate Fix and Manual Patch not working)HELP

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 28 Oct 2016, 20:44

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

This type of thing sometimes happens when there was an error during downloading. You may have to redownload that patch Sad

But first, you may want to check a couple of things, first of all your current game version, and whether your game does still work.
Also, this error sometimes happens when you don't use the cumulative patch, but since you mention that it took a while to download, I'm going to assume that you did, in fact, download the right patch.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Issue trying to update my Sims 3 Patch(Ultimate Fix and Manual Patch not working)HELP Empty Re: Issue trying to update my Sims 3 Patch(Ultimate Fix and Manual Patch not working)HELP

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct 2016, 17:22

Ɛɗιη wrote:Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

This type of thing sometimes happens when there was an error during downloading. You may have to redownload that patch Sad

But first, you may want to check a couple of things, first of all your current game version, and whether your game does still work.
Also, this error sometimes happens when you don't use the cumulative patch, but since you mention that it took a while to download, I'm going to assume that you did, in fact, download the right patch.
But I've already downloaded three versions of it and both said the exact same thing.
I just played my game the other day and it worked just fine, I didn't even do something to my computer to affect it at all. I can still check for just in case, but I seriously doubt that it has spontaneously stopped working for no reason at all.
Current game version is 1.55.4.022002

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 29 Oct 2016, 21:27

Hello,

Is there any reason to believe that your download was interrupted at some point? That can cause errors during the update process.
But in this particular case, I'm not sure.
Does your game still work at this very moment?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2016, 00:41

So a continuation to my problem.
I tried installing the Ultimate Fix from this site and when I got to the part where I was to update it the same problem happened. The wizard again told me that there was no Sims 3 on my computer and now my game does not work at all.
HELP

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 30 Oct 2016, 17:16

Hi there,

Where exactly is your base game version from?
Do you have any Steam/Origin versions installed?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2016, 18:10

Admin wrote:Hi there,

Where exactly is your base game version from?
Do you have any Steam/Origin versions installed?
Its the AIO edition.
I've done lots of searches on it and apparently it just has this problem updating. Just a little while ago I came upon a thread where some guy had the same problem as me and nobody here could help him (I hadn't seen that thread before I created this one)

So I've basically abandoned all hope and I'm currently downloading the complete sims 3 pack that this site offers.
Also trying to figure out how to transfer my saved games to the new thing once its downloaded, I imagine there won't be any problem with compatibilty, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 30 Oct 2016, 18:20

RayRay wrote:Its the AIO edition.

(...)

Also trying to figure out how to transfer my saved games to the new thing once its downloaded, I imagine there won't be any problem with compatibilty, right?

Hello!

These "AIO editions" are essentially meant to be used as they are provided. Problem is, some of them may not be updated to the latest available patch. Or they may not have all of the available expansions/stuffpacks included. The advantage though is, they are easy to install. Most of the time, at least.

As for the savefiles, there shouldn't be a need to do anything special. Savefile locations are always the same (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\saves), and (re-)installing a different TS3 compilation doesn't alter that.

However, I do recommend you go to that location Documents\Electronic Arts and temporarily rename the folder "The Sims 3", for example into something like "The Sims 3.old". There is a possibility that during the installation of the game, the process can mess up your saves and any mods/custom content. Hence, my suggestion to rename the folder, so that it won't be recognized by the installation. Just make sure that AFTER you re-installed The Sims 3, that you rename this specific folder back to what it was originally - "The Sims 3", and you should be fine.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top