Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error When Trying to Install Sims 1 Complete Collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Error When Trying to Install Sims 1 Complete Collection Empty Error When Trying to Install Sims 1 Complete Collection

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2018, 01:26

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install The Sims 1 Complete Collection on my Windows 10 laptop. I know it can work since I have seen it work on other windows 10 computers, but for some reason I'm having issues when trying to install it on mine.

First of all, I'm not sure if this is part of the issue or not, but start.exe does not run unless I have it set to run in compatibility mode for windows 98/Windows ME.

Once it starts the install, I then get the following error:

silent install - Error When Trying to Install Sims 1 Complete Collection Sims_e10

Does anyone know of an alternative way to install the game, or a way around this error? Any help would be much appreciated!

Back to top Go down

silent install - Error When Trying to Install Sims 1 Complete Collection Empty Re: Error When Trying to Install Sims 1 Complete Collection

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2018, 09:40

As far as I can remember, you can also start the installation via the folder Setup and then select the bat-file for your language, f.e. setupdutch.bat

Back to top Go down

silent install - Error When Trying to Install Sims 1 Complete Collection Empty Re: Error When Trying to Install Sims 1 Complete Collection

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jul 2018, 02:07

I have tried that, but since I can't run a batch file in 'compatibility mode' it doesn't run at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Aug 2018, 10:55

It is possible you do not have DirectX installed at all ?
Download and install/update DirectX firts:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Then run Setup_English.BAT from Setup directory without any compatibilty mode (main start.exe does not work under Win10).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top