Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot install The Sims: Complete Collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot install The Sims: Complete Collection Empty Cannot install The Sims: Complete Collection

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 10:59

Help

Hello,

I downloaded your torrent of The Sims: Complete Collection today. I was able to set everything up for installation, but when I tried to start the installation process, it gave me a message along the lines of: "Unknown error detected, aborting setup...". I'm confused; I don't know if it's a problem with the torrent or my computer.

If you can help me, I would appreciate it very much.

Cheers Smile

Also, :newfag:

Last edited by this is a username on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 11:02; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Cannot install The Sims: Complete Collection Empty Re: Cannot install The Sims: Complete Collection

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 11:01

We have a complete collection?
Are you sure?

I thought we were against blackboxes...

Back to top Go down

Cannot install The Sims: Complete Collection Empty Re: Cannot install The Sims: Complete Collection

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 11:09

Shamrock wrote:We have a complete collection?
Are you sure?

I downloaded it from Games4theworld's page on the Pirate Bay. I would provide a link, but apparently new members can't post external links for 7 days...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 11:16

My bad my bad... So used to Sims 3 problem that I read the 3 even though it wasn't there... Facepalm
Sorry, cannot help you much.
Only advice is probably re download?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 08 Aug 2013, 13:37

Shamrock wrote:We have a complete collection?
Are you sure?

Hello,

Yes, I just installed one few weeks ago. It's only 2GB, by the way Smile.

First of all, did you extract it via WinRAR only?

this is a username wrote:Cannot install The Sims: Complete Collection 2830496658

Hello,

I downloaded your torrent of The Sims: Complete Collection today. I was able to set everything up for installation, but when I tried to start the installation process, it gave me a message along the lines of: "Unknown error detected, aborting setup...". I'm confused; I don't know if it's a problem with the torrent or my computer.

If you can help me, I would appreciate it very much.

Cheers Cannot install The Sims: Complete Collection Icon_smile

Also, Cannot install The Sims: Complete Collection 1577371209

First of all, did you extract it via WinRAR only? Second of all, did you double-click start.exe to start installation?

Moderator edit: Normally, I will delete topics about Sims problems posted in the "PC downloads support" section, because they don't belong there. I will, in this case, make an exception and move the topic (since the original post got answers already). Wink  Topic moved to "The Sims (3) downloads support (PC)".

- Carlos G.

J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Aug 2013, 12:43

cat2006house wrote:First of all, did you extract it via WinRAR only? Second of all, did you double-click start.exe to start installation?

Moderator edit: Normally, I will delete topics about Sims problems posted in the "PC downloads support" section, because they don't belong there. I will, in this case, make an exception and move the topic (since the original post got answers already). Wink  Topic moved to "The Sims (3) downloads support (PC)".

- Carlos G.
1) Yep, I only extracted it through WinRar. 2) Yeah, I double clicked start.exe - it took me to the startup menu, I clicked 'Install', and then it aborted the installation for whatever reason Sad I tried the process again today, but it still doesn't work confused

Edit: Did I post this in the wrong section? Oops, sorry about that  Shocked  I'm such a  Noob  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top