Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OrangeEmu error on virtual machine.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OrangeEmu error on virtual machine. Empty OrangeEmu error on virtual machine.

Post by Guest Sat 11 Aug 2018, 18:57

I've seen other people with this error and the solution has been to either turn off the virtualisation in the BIOS or turn off anti-virus. Anti-virus isn't the problem because I've turned it off and made exceptions for the folders and everything. I can't turn off virtualisation in the BIOS because it's a Shadow PC/virtual machine and it just isn't possible.

Is there any other way of solving this error? Or will I just not be able to play anything after Jungle Adventure? If that's the case, is there any way to roll back to just Jungle Adventure without reinstalling everything from scratch and losing all of my earlier progress?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

OrangeEmu error on virtual machine. Empty Re: OrangeEmu error on virtual machine.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 11 Aug 2018, 19:28

bron4tw wrote:I've seen other people with this error and the solution has been to either turn off the virtualisation in the BIOS or turn off anti-virus. Anti-virus isn't the problem because I've turned it off and made exceptions for the folders and everything. I can't turn off virtualisation in the BIOS because it's a Shadow PC/virtual machine and it just isn't possible.

Is there any other way of solving this error? Or will I just not be able to play anything after Jungle Adventure? If that's the case, is there any way to roll back to just Jungle Adventure without reinstalling everything from scratch and losing all of my earlier progress?

Thanks!

This seems to be a peculiarity of these CODEX-based No-Origin files. As for "downgrading" these G4TW repacks, that would probably be a hassle.

You could, however, try using the ZLOrigin-version of The Sims 4, see for example the beginner's guide here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple

You should be able to install ZLOrigin, download The Sims 4 (through the ZLOrigin-client), and then abandon the download once it starts downloading the data. Move your existing Sims 4 install folder under where ZLOrigin saves its games, by default...

C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games\

Replace existing files and merge folders when prompted. Exit ZClient/ZLOrigin.

The reason I'm suggesting this possible workaround is to attempt having the ZLOrigin "read" your current Sims 4 install, without you re-downloading everything through ZLOrigin. So once you moved your folder, re-boot ZClient/ZLOrigin, and look for The Sims 4 in the game library. Choose "repair game" there. Wait until it's finished and then try the game.

If the procedure I just outlined doesn't work, you will need to re-download everything again through ZLOrigin. Good luck for now!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

OrangeEmu error on virtual machine. Empty Re: OrangeEmu error on virtual machine.

Post by Guest Sat 11 Aug 2018, 19:31

Thanks for the speedy reply!

If I have Origin on my pc, can I use ZLOrigin too? My boyfriend and I share the virtual machine and he uses Origin for some other games, so I don't want to mess that up for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 11 Aug 2018, 19:37

bron4tw wrote:Thanks for the speedy reply!

If I have Origin on my pc, can I use ZLOrigin too? My boyfriend and I share the virtual machine and he uses Origin for some other games, so I don't want to mess that up for him.

I have Origin as well, besides ZLOrigin, you just have to make sure to do some fiddling.

Everytime BEFORE I log into ZClient, I rename my Origin-install folder. By default under C:\Program files (x86)\Origin. Just change the "Origin"-folder name into anything else; I for example simply do Origin_ . Then you can log into ZClient/ZLOrigin and download your stuff.

When you're done with ZLOrigin, exit it, and just rename that Origin-folder back to what it was originally, so that it's recognized once someone else wants to use it.

Good luck!

P.S. I found that not renaming the Origin-folder beforehand (or taking comparable "counter-measures") results in the error outlined here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Aug 2018, 19:39

Thank you so much for your help. I hope this works!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 12 Aug 2018, 20:04

bron4tw wrote:I hope this works!

I hope so too! clown
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top