Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OrangeEmu64.dll was not found? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OrangeEmu64.dll was not found? [SOLVED] Empty OrangeEmu64.dll was not found? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 13 Oct 2018, 00:26

I was having trouble with some glitches with my game so I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game completely yesterday, and I ran into some trouble with it. I forgot to add the correct folders (downloads & program files x86) to my exceptions list yesterday and recieved the "orangeemu64.dll was not found" error. I uninstalled everything again today and added the correct folders to my exceptions list and redownloaded, torrented and extracted everything. I checked the base game after I installed it and it worked perfectly, so I continued and checked after the vampires & toddlers update, it worked fine then too, so I went on to download everything up to the latest update. Everything was fine until I went to launch the game (I tried the normal version and the x64 version). I recieved this "orangeemu64.dll was not found" error once again. I'm not sure what went wrong, but it seems like between the vampire & toddler update and the latest patch update there's some sort of missing file? I'm not really sure what to do next to fix this, can anyone help?

Back to top Go down

OrangeEmu64.dll was not found? [SOLVED] Empty Re: OrangeEmu64.dll was not found? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 13 Oct 2018, 00:57

tylr17 wrote:(...) I'm not sure what went wrong, but it seems like between the vampire & toddler update and the latest patch update there's some sort of missing file? I'm not really sure what to do next to fix this, can anyone help?

First off - if something was correctly installed in the first place, then uninstalling/re-installing because of "glitches" is in 9/10 cases a waste of time. I have to be blunt. I know it's a classic "fix" among a lot of PC users, but in many cases it's either not going to fix problems at all, or even create more problems down the road.

Also, sometimes simply adding exclusions doesn't work either, as many programs simply refuse to accept user input. Which is the reason I myself am not using any third-party antivirus programs anymore these days. If you are on Windows 10, check this out here, to learn how to handle Windows Defender:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

After doing that, double- and triple-check any other antivirus software you may have installed. If all is clear from that end, re-apply (copy & paste) the latest update, which also contains the OrangeEmu-files. The reason you seem to be thinking that this file is "missing between the game releases", is that security software is often triggered by moving or copying files around; this is kind of related to what I said above, about programs not accepting user input at times. 

If files are being purged even after exclusions are set correctly and/or antivirus programs are completely disabled...then it is usually enough  if you simply re-apply the No-CD/No-Origin files. I know all of this sounds a like a nuisance, but if you really want to play a free Sims 4 on PC, you will eventually need to learn your way around these obstacles.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

OrangeEmu64.dll was not found? [SOLVED] Empty Re: OrangeEmu64.dll was not found? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 13 Oct 2018, 01:49

Yeah I probably should've expected this, but the graphics looked off and didn't change no matter how much I changed the settings and my sims wouldn't do actions for up to half an hour real-time at a time. I removed all my mods but it didn't change so I figured my last resort was reinstalling. I did everything you said and re-downloaded the torrent for the update twice but it still hasn't worked, I checked the file after it finished downloading and the game/bin is still missing loads of files both times, all the packs I downloaded before that up to Seasons have the correct ones but the latest update doesn't. Not really sure what else I can do haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Oct 2018, 02:08

Update: I applied the game folder from the Seasons folder to the file instead of the one from the Update and the game finally launched - Thank you for your help and time

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Oct 2018, 02:23

tylr17 wrote:Update: I applied the game folder from the Seasons folder to the file instead of the one from the Update and the game finally launched - Thank you for your help and time

Seems like considering I haven't installed the game folder from the latest update that I can't play in any of my saves from after that update, so I'm still in need of help with this if possible, thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Oct 2018, 02:29

tylr17 wrote:
tylr17 wrote:Update: I applied the game folder from the Seasons folder to the file instead of the one from the Update and the game finally launched - Thank you for your help and time

Seems like considering I haven't installed the game folder from the latest update that I can't play in any of my saves from after that update, so I'm still in need of help with this if possible, thanks
 Copied the contents of the game folder from the update folder and pasted them into the seasons folder and that worked, sorry for the spam and me being an idiot haha. Thank you for all your help

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 13 Oct 2018, 20:05

tylr17 wrote:Copied the contents of the game folder from the update folder and pasted them into the seasons folder and that worked, sorry for the spam and me being an idiot haha. Thank you for all your help

You probably deleted the "Game"-folder after Seasons (which is stated in the installation guide of the 1.46 patch), but which is totally wrong, and I believe it's also mentioned in the announcement here. In the future, we will again be posting a complete Game-folder, included in future repacks.

Have fun with the game! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top