Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about zlo.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about zlo. Empty Question about zlo.

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2018, 22:47

Does zlorigin open the original origin...cause my zlo has my regular origin account along with sims 3 and everything with it installed in it...which I find weird...

Gatekeeper Edit: moved.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Question about zlo. Empty Re: Question about zlo.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 13 Nov 2018, 23:22

You can change the location where these items are saved after download, I think, under the application settings in ZLOrigin.

I myself haven't changed it. For example, I have the G4TW version of The Sims 3 installed, and ZLOrigin seems to be trying to download the 1.69 patch, so I always abort that one. But other than that, no issues on my side.

Also, before you download anything through ZLOrigin, RENAME your folder "Origin", normally under C:\Program Files (x86).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2018, 23:49

I already have an origin folder but I had to move my TS4 out of it cause it was having an issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 00:01

also it says it wants to make an origin folder where I have the EPs and Base....and I don't want to break my game...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 00:33

Just moved everything to origin games/"zlo" folder and it still says for me that sims 4 isn't installed....I don't know what to do....really need help...kinda afraid to do anything at this point ><

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 14 Nov 2018, 18:59

GummyPop wrote:Just moved everything to origin games/"zlo" folder and it still says for me that sims 4 isn't installed....I don't know what to do....really need help...kinda afraid to do anything at this point ><

There is another tutorial that can help you here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33399-how-to-transfer-from-g4tw-to-zlorigin-and-vice-versa

As for my 20+ minutes of playing so far (a new savefile) in first person mode, I'm not so impressed. It seems like the mouse-sensitivity is super-high, and moving the mouse a little jerks the view around. Also, I haven't found a way to go through doors in first person mode.

In normal mode you just click on the floor in another room and choose "go there", or choose another interaction. But that doesn't work in first person. It's likely that I am missing something, but all in all this looks like something that has been rushed out, and not thought through well on EA's side. 

Like, if you want to use the UI in order to check the sim's needs, you need to "break out" of the perspective somewhat and hold the SHIFT-key, which leaves you in first person mode but changes the cursor so that you can access the UI menus.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 20:37

Ok I did everything the instructions said....but it's still not wanting to register and its taking a long time to finish...so I can't update for it to see the other packs...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 20:38

Edit: Nvm its at 63% but...8 hours...really...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 20:57

Edit 2: Nvm once again x.x now I'm just worried bout the other G4TW expansions not showing...
also....can you "buy" any of the EP's on zlo for free? Just curious since I see the prices on them like origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 21:21

Edit: It's still not showing everything installed when I did an update....help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 21:28

What are the options when you right click on a DLC in ZLO? Post a screenshot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 21:32

Question about zlo. Screen10
There....it says buy when it's clearly downloaded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 21:41

Where is this even from? Open info page for "The Sims 4", it should look like this:
Question about zlo. Zlo110
Question about zlo. Zlo210

I think you didn't log into ZClient and/or logged into your legit account on ZLOrigin but I'm not sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 21:44

No I have zclient open and its still the same...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 21:48

Question about zlo. Everyt10
as you can see my zclient is on...and zlo just turns into origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 21:49

That's not ZLOrigin. That's normal Origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 21:50

I told you....zlorigin becomes origin for me....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 21:53

If you don't believe me...you can just download teamviewer and I'll show you what happens when I try to run zlorigin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 21:55

Send me ID and pass in PW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 21:56

for zlo
or origin?
my zlo ID is: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Gatekeeper Edit: censored ZLOrigin credentials.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 21:57

For TeamViewer. In private message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2018, 21:57

oh ok...thought you meant for zlo

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 14 Nov 2018, 22:27

GummyPop wrote:oh ok...thought you meant for zlo

First of all, I censored the ZLOrigin credential of yours, that you posted somewhere above. Second, before using ZLOrigin, I recommend that you rename the folder "Origin" (if you have Origin installed), normally under C:\Program Files (x86). Just change the folder name of Origin into something else.

Then see my screenshot here:

Question about zlo. TFpKidOUQGS18m5n3dvSrw

Use ZClient first, after you get the "auth success"-message, double-click on the "ZLOrigin"-shortcut. This shortcut points to the "Origin.exe", located under C:\Program Files (x86)\ZLOrigin. And this is how you open ZLOrigin.

Note the above is a customized setup of shortcuts and files; I basically started off with the ZLOrigin framework that @Tarac posted in his guide for setting up the ZLOrigin. All these items are located inside a folder "ZLOrigin", which I have put directly on my desktop.

I don't know how you are doing this, but maybe the above can give you a first guideline, for the future. And as said earlier: that first person mode is - while interesting - not as groundbreaking in my opinion as most people seem to think it is.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 15 Nov 2018, 00:47

@GummyPop or @anadius, if I may ask. How was the problem solved, through TeamViewer? Judging from some newer topics here I assume the problem has been solved? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2018, 00:50

Forgot to say, yes, problem was solved! We reinstalled ZLOrigin, then it didn't even want to start. Solution was cleaning the Origin cache with this batch file (taken from ZLOEmu Discord).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top