Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Get Famous OUT NOW!!! [Version 1.47.49.1020]

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Get Famous OUT NOW!!! [Version 1.47.49.1020] - Page 3 Empty The Sims 4 Get Famous OUT NOW!!! [Version 1.47.49.1020]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Nov 2018, 14:04

First topic message reminder :

Greetings,

On behalf of the G4TW team I can announce that we have come up with a repack for the latest DLC "Get Famous"! You must have "Seasons" installed, or one of the follow-up patches of Seasons (1.44.83.1020, 1.44.88.1020, 1.45.62.1020 or 1.46.18.1020), before you can safely apply this update. It is quite big, 8.04GB in size. You also need the program 7-zip for unpacking this thing; this is a new file format that we will be using from now on here.

More notes:

Arrow  As usual, the initial seeding will be rather slow

Arrow  I recommend DELETING your current "Game"-folder, from where you have TS4 installed, before applying the update. 

Arrow  Also, if your script mods are not explicitly compatible with 1.47.49.1020, take them out.

Arrow  "But I don't know if my mods are compatible, because I have so many!!11"  <---- your responsibility to take care of your mods, not mine.  Haters gonna hate

Arrow   ZLOrigin people can - as usual - download the "Game"-folder, if they wish to play their ZLOrigin installations "offline" (= without logging into ZClient/ZLOrigin).

Arrow  People who have downloaded a different repack in the meantime, can - if they want - download the language strings, if they wish to play in a different language than Russian or English.

Arrow  If you live in America, the UK, France or Germany, you might want to use the direct download option to prevent the now-very-common "warning letters" that threaten to terminate internet connections. I very strongly urge you however, to import the file to your own GoogleDrive, and download from there. If everybody downloads directly from this link, it's not going to work.

Arrow  We will now also progressively get rid of the adfly on these download links (hooray!). The new advertiser is...I guess the main difference is, is that the ads are more compatible with our platform. Click on where it says "Weiter" first. Then wait until the 15-second counter has passed. Then click on "Weiter zu Download/Weiter zur Website", or just let the page translate by your browser. You can do by by right-clicking somewhere on the page, and then looking for a "Translate to English"-option.

Arrow  What else...I think that should do for now. Oh yes, and as usual, we have made multiple backups of the direct download option in advance, so in case it gets reported/taken down we can restore a new link in a matter of seconds. 

Good luck!

Download list

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 23 Apr 2020, 00:57; edited 20 times in total (Reason for editing : Improved description for new advertising service.)
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Get Famous OUT NOW!!! [Version 1.47.49.1020] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sims 4 Get Famous OUT NOW!!! [Version 1.47.49.1020]

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 21:05

Umm... I clicked the links and I'm just sent to a link to net website that doesn't redirect you anywhere, it's never-ending. I still haven't been able to download anything. Anyone have any idea what this is about?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Get Famous OUT NOW!!! [Version 1.47.49.1020] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sims 4 Get Famous OUT NOW!!! [Version 1.47.49.1020]

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 21:17

Urbiezira wrote:For the people having the problem with the game not loading: I changed my registry language from Dutch to English because I want to continue playing in English. Since that's the only thing I did differently than usually when I install a new expansion, I retraced my steps and re-downloaded the latest language pack.

After extracting that in my recently updated installation folder, I could suddenly boot my game. My language is still in Dutch, but right now I'm going to leave it at that! For now I seem to be able to play!

Maybe this'll help some of you?

Hi, thanks. I just don't know how to change the language exactly. I know it's explained in the download instructions, but I can't really get it to work. I don't understand what they mean with ''double-click on the .reg file that is inside in the folder. Ignore the warning and import the registry entry.'' 

My game is also in English normally, but I have switched back and forth sometimes because my niece plays on my computer sometimes and she plays in Dutch but I prefer English. So it could be worth a shot. Sorry I'm such a noob, could you explain you you did it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 21:30

I'm having the same problem more people are having here. Once I wanna start the game it loads but after loading the screen goes black and it closes the screen so I'm back looking at my desktop. 

any solutions to this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 21:34

noamisme wrote:wow first time actually replying to a post, i'm a bit shy and socially awkward lol so i stay away from comments  Embarassed
just wanted to say thanks! i'm currently downloading it  I love you 
btw could you tell me what seeding is? it seems to be something important for when you're downloading a torrent but i don't know what it's for and i saw a comment above talking about seeding
just wanted to update that i finished installing the game and running it and it works just fine, i had no problem with the installation or the game, thank you again  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 21:41

noamisme wrote:
noamisme wrote:wow first time actually replying to a post, i'm a bit shy and socially awkward lol so i stay away from comments  Embarassed
btw could you tell me what seeding is? it seems to be something important for when you're downloading a torrent but i don't know what it's for and i saw a comment above talking about seeding
just wanted to update that i finished installing the game and running it and it works just fine, i had no problem with the installation or the game, thank you again  Smile
could you tell me what you exactly did when installing? like did you delete or rename the game folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 21:51

Princesstomato wrote:
Urbiezira wrote:For the people having the problem with the game not loading: I changed my registry language from Dutch to English because I want to continue playing in English. Since that's the only thing I did differently than usually when I install a new expansion, I retraced my steps and re-downloaded the latest language pack.

After extracting that in my recently updated installation folder, I could suddenly boot my game. My language is still in Dutch, but right now I'm going to leave it at that! For now I seem to be able to play!

Maybe this'll help some of you?

Hi, thanks. I just don't know how to change the language exactly. I know it's explained in the download instructions, but I can't really get it to work. I don't understand what they mean with ''double-click on the .reg file that is inside in the folder. Ignore the warning and import the registry entry.'' 

My game is also in English normally, but I have switched back and forth sometimes because my niece plays on my computer sometimes and she plays in Dutch but I prefer English. So it could be worth a shot. Sorry I'm such a noob, could you explain you you did it?

I'll try by best to explain how I did it!

Ok, so after updating my game with Get Famous, I went into the '# Language Registry File', then went to the folder "English" and then double-clicked "TS4_English.reg". Then I ignored the warnings like they tell you, etcetera. This should have changed my game to English, I believe.

I don't remember when I originally "got" this folder, but it's been in my installation location for a while. If you don't have this folder, then that's your first issue I think: you should be able to get it somewhere if you google, but maybe someone of the staff can point you in the right direction.

Okay so then I tried booting my game: didn't work. Then I downloaded the language files (so not the registry editor) again from here [x], extracted them into my installation drive (in my case C:ProgramFiles(x86):The Sims 4) and let them override what was already there.

Just to try I booted it from the 'Game' folder directly. I tried the 32 bit one one first (so not the one that says x64), and it worked! Then I did what is my regular boot application, the x64, and it also worked. It does display in Dutch, but hey, I can live with that! Also: shouldn't make any difference but as I said, I booted directly from the "game bin" folder, instead of from a shortcut on my desktop.

It could all be a lucky coincidence for me, but maybe it works for others as well!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 22:05

Direct Download Link is broken. Also, Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Nov 2018, 22:25

animeker wrote:Direct Download Link is broken.

No, it isn't. Just too many people downloading at once.  Haters gonna hate

Again, in the announcement I've linked to a topic that describes how you can import the file to your own GoogleDrive account. If you don't have a Google account, please create one (we will keep using G-Drive for future direct downloads as well).

If you import the file to your own GoogleDrive and download from there, you will NOT get this quota-limit-message.

The message shows up because you can only download from the same link/account 2TB (roughly 2,000 Gigabytes) every 24 hours. But if people import the file to their own accounts, the limit doesn't apply. At least not to the best of my knowledge.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 22:28

Thank you for the download Smile I tested it with mods (all 2500 of em!!)  and it worked out fine, no crashes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 23:10

Wow, this was lightning fast. Thank you very much! <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 23:15

So the way I download from here, my data provider sells 1gb data bundles from 12am till 6am real cheap. But now I see u can only buy upto 5gb per day lol Damn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 23:36

thank you for the download!!! i've installed it already, did everything as usual, but after i try to launch it there is a pop up which says "the sims 4 stopped working" Sad( anyone knows how to fix it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 23:38

Ive been trying to follow the Google drive bypass instructions to the best of my abilites. None of the links are working for me at all. I'll just wait until later I suppose. Also, Thank you guys so much!!!! All Hail Carlos!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 23:40

thank you sooo much!!!  Good job! Good job! Good job! All Hail Carlos!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 23:42

Thank you so much Why God. Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Nov 2018, 23:57

GamingAddictsAnonymous wrote:Ive been trying to follow the Google drive bypass instructions to the best of my abilites. None of the links are working for me at all. I'll just wait until later I suppose. Also, Thank you guys so much!!!! All Hail Carlos!

What exactly is not working for you? 

I noticed that the images in the guide cannot be "expanded" (due to the imperfect advertising script that we are using now). If you cannot view the images in the guide in their full size, right-click on each image and choose "save image as", which will download the images onto your hard-drive. You can then view them offline, with any image viewing program.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 00:25

DNCE wrote:
noamisme wrote:
could you tell me what you exactly did when installing? like did you delete or rename the game folder?
before installing this torrent, i deleted the game folder completely, i also made sure the sims 4 folder was under program files (x86) and that's it, idk if this helps but the previous packs i downloaded them all together from the 'all in one' zip this one

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Nov 2018, 00:36

You have to imagine torrents as being "powered" mostly by individual user's uploading capabilities. Every internet connection has an upload and download speed. Download is what you "take" from the internet. Upload is what you "send into" the internet, to use a very rudimentary description.

So, many individual user's uploading powers, kind of "fuel" torrents. There are things like seedboxes which are powerful machines with strong upload powers, but mostly torrent users are individuals like you & me.

Classic direct downloads are powered by centralized servers; in this context you can view torrenting as more "de-centralized".

I'm sure fellow torrenters would appreciate it, if you helped seeding a bit after you downloaded 100%. How much you seed, is up to you; every little bit helps.

terraficc wrote:If you live in America, the UK, France or Germany, you might want to use the direct download option to prevent the now-very-common "warning letters" that threaten to terminate internet connections. I very strongly urge you however, to import the file to your own GoogleDrive, and download from there. If everybody downloads directly from this link, it's not going to work. 

Does it really prevent it :c?

People are getting caught because in torrent clients you can nicely "see" each individual downloader, and their IP address.

With direct downloads, the host (here: Google) would have to share their logs with your Internet provider, or the Internet provider has some other way of monitoring directly your internet activities. All of which sounds strange to me, albeit not entirely impossible.

I think these direct downloads are safe to use, but if anybody else has further insights or information on it, feel free to share them here. Or if you prefer, e-mail me in private.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 01:19

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
GamingAddictsAnonymous wrote:Ive been trying to follow the Google drive bypass instructions to the best of my abilites. None of the links are working for me at all. I'll just wait until later I suppose. Also, Thank you guys so much!!!! All Hail Carlos!

What exactly is not working for you? 

I noticed that the images in the guide cannot be "expanded" (due to the imperfect advertising script that we are using now). If you cannot view the images in the guide in their full size, right-click on each image and choose "save image as", which will download the images onto your hard-drive. You can then view them offline, with any image viewing program.

I can view the image. My issue has to do with the download links for Get Famous. None of them work. They all send me to a domain that says "Link to net" but I never get the download.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 01:38

Does anyone's vampire get bugged? My sim cannot gain proficiency at all in vampire power, and stuck in her grandmaster state without being able to get a new power.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 03:12

thanks for posting this really fast!
this worked really well!   The Sims Plumbob 1

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Get Famous OUT NOW!!! [Version 1.47.49.1020] - Page 3 Empty Please help

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 05:06

I cant download it brings me to a site called Linkvertise help pls

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeh86 Sat 17 Nov 2018, 05:11

Zieking wrote:I cant download it brings me to a site called Linkvertise help pls
Are you trying the direct / torrent / magnet?

mikeh86
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : Eve Online, Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 05:22

Thanks to you guys! I'll be seeding overnight for the next few weeks at least (my internet is terrible.. like 2mbps). We really appreciate all of this. <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 07:16

Hi, I just downloaded the Get Famous DLC from the link, and I found that there's everything else but no TS4.exe either TS4_x64.exe in the Game/Bin folder I got. Can anyone tell me how I can solve this problem?The Sims 4 Get Famous OUT NOW!!! [Version 1.47.49.1020] - Page 3 Oiayia10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 07:22

Does this download include the update that has the first person camera?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 09:30

I have seasons installed but my game version is    1.44.77.1020 can I still download the Get Famous expansion pack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top