Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Get Famous OUT NOW!!! [Version 1.47.49.1020]

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Get Famous OUT NOW!!! [Version 1.47.49.1020] - Page 5 Empty The Sims 4 Get Famous OUT NOW!!! [Version 1.47.49.1020]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Nov 2018, 14:04

First topic message reminder :

Greetings,

On behalf of the G4TW team I can announce that we have come up with a repack for the latest DLC "Get Famous"! You must have "Seasons" installed, or one of the follow-up patches of Seasons (1.44.83.1020, 1.44.88.1020, 1.45.62.1020 or 1.46.18.1020), before you can safely apply this update. It is quite big, 8.04GB in size. You also need the program 7-zip for unpacking this thing; this is a new file format that we will be using from now on here.

More notes:

Arrow  As usual, the initial seeding will be rather slow

Arrow  I recommend DELETING your current "Game"-folder, from where you have TS4 installed, before applying the update. 

Arrow  Also, if your script mods are not explicitly compatible with 1.47.49.1020, take them out.

Arrow  "But I don't know if my mods are compatible, because I have so many!!11"  <---- your responsibility to take care of your mods, not mine.  Haters gonna hate

Arrow   ZLOrigin people can - as usual - download the "Game"-folder, if they wish to play their ZLOrigin installations "offline" (= without logging into ZClient/ZLOrigin).

Arrow  People who have downloaded a different repack in the meantime, can - if they want - download the language strings, if they wish to play in a different language than Russian or English.

Arrow  If you live in America, the UK, France or Germany, you might want to use the direct download option to prevent the now-very-common "warning letters" that threaten to terminate internet connections. I very strongly urge you however, to import the file to your own GoogleDrive, and download from there. If everybody downloads directly from this link, it's not going to work.

Arrow  We will now also progressively get rid of the adfly on these download links (hooray!). The new advertiser is...I guess the main difference is, is that the ads are more compatible with our platform. Click on where it says "Weiter" first. Then wait until the 15-second counter has passed. Then click on "Weiter zu Download/Weiter zur Website", or just let the page translate by your browser. You can do by by right-clicking somewhere on the page, and then looking for a "Translate to English"-option.

Arrow  What else...I think that should do for now. Oh yes, and as usual, we have made multiple backups of the direct download option in advance, so in case it gets reported/taken down we can restore a new link in a matter of seconds. 

Good luck!

Download list

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 23 Apr 2020, 00:57; edited 20 times in total (Reason for editing : Improved description for new advertising service.)
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Get Famous OUT NOW!!! [Version 1.47.49.1020] - Page 5 Empty Re: The Sims 4 Get Famous OUT NOW!!! [Version 1.47.49.1020]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 15:15

Thank you so much for this! I got it working after I had the same problem as a few others, the black screen and crashing at the logo. I'm not 100% on what I did, I literally just copied all the files into folder again and it worked for some reason. Try everything you can!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Get Famous OUT NOW!!! [Version 1.47.49.1020] - Page 5 Empty Re: The Sims 4 Get Famous OUT NOW!!! [Version 1.47.49.1020]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 16:02

I have this problem i don't know if this is caused by mod or cc but for some reason sims/townies from studio don't have faces. i will insert picture so you will understand what i mean.

The Sims 4 Get Famous OUT NOW!!! [Version 1.47.49.1020] - Page 5 17_11_10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Nov 2018, 16:05

Everybody having difficulties with the new advertiser we are using ("I can't find any download links!!!1111"), click on "Weiter" or "Continue" first. Then you should see a counter starting from 15 seconds, and going down to 0. 

After that click on "Weiter zu Download" or "Weiter zur Website". Sometimes it also shows "Continue to Website".

For me, the advertiser sometimes alternates between English and German, which is strange, but OK. It's maybe slightly trickier to figure out what to do compared to the "skip ad" from the adfly, but shouldn't be a big deal either once you find out how to do it. We have already removed a large number of the adfly links on here, and replaced them with this new "Linkvertise"-service.

Also, to those users above who asked about Mac OS compatibility: we cannot give any official Support on Mac OS, however, I am in touch with a person who could maybe help us out with these wrappers. If anything results from that, we will let you all know. But right now, please take note that these downloads and install guides are written from the perspective of Windows OS.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 16:54

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
animeker wrote:Direct Download Link is broken.

No, it isn't. Just too many people downloading at once.  Haters gonna hate

Again, in the announcement I've linked to a topic that describes how you can import the file to your own GoogleDrive account. If you don't have a Google account, please create one (we will keep using G-Drive for future direct downloads as well).

If you import the file to your own GoogleDrive and download from there, you will NOT get this quota-limit-message.

The message shows up because you can only download from the same link/account 2TB (roughly 2,000 Gigabytes) every 24 hours. But if people import the file to their own accounts, the limit doesn't apply. At least not to the best of my knowledge.
Awesome, Thank you! I was able to download it. Now I am getting a "Sims 4 is having a serious problem error" during the startup (The first plumbob screen). I then put in the new game folder and it still isn't working. Btw I'm using mac and wineskin.

Should I try removing these?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 17:02

I've added it to my drive however when I try to make a copy I keep on getting an error message. Is anyone else getting this? 

I did it this way with The Sims 4 seasons and it worked fine so I don't know why it isn't working now.

The Sims 4 Get Famous OUT NOW!!! [Version 1.47.49.1020] - Page 5 Sims410

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Nov 2018, 17:06

animeker wrote:
Awesome, Thank you! I was able to download it. Now I am getting a "Sims 4 is having a serious problem error" during the startup (The first plumbob screen). I then put in the new game folder and it still isn't working. Btw I'm using mac and wineskin.

As said, I cannot really help with any Mac-related issues. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

mutd wrote:I've added it to my drive however when I try to make a copy I keep on getting an error message. Is anyone else getting this? 

I did it this way with The Sims 4 seasons and it worked fine so I don't know why it isn't working now.

Are you positive that you have the necessary free space in your GoogleDrive? The filesize of this thing is 8.04 GB, so your GoogleDrive should have at least the same amount, if not a little more, free space.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 17:16

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
animeker wrote:

mutd wrote:I've added it to my drive however when I try to make a copy I keep on getting an error message. Is anyone else getting this? 

Are you positive that you have the necessary free space in your GoogleDrive? The filesize of this thing is 8.04 GB, so your GoogleDrive should have at least the same amount, if not a little more, free space.

I've been so stupid! I didn't have enough space Facepalm thank you for pointing that out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 17:47

noamisme wrote:
DNCE wrote:
noamisme wrote:
noamisme wrote:wow first time actually replying to a post, i'm a bit shy and socially awkward lol so i stay away from comments  Embarassed
just wanted to say thanks! i'm currently downloading it  I love you 
btw could you tell me what seeding is? it seems to be something important for when you're downloading a torrent but i don't know what it's for and i saw a comment above talking about seeding
just wanted to update that i finished installing the game and running it and it works just fine, i had no problem with the installation or the game, thank you again  Smile
could you tell me what you exactly did when installing? like did you delete or rename the game folder?
before installing this torrent, i deleted the game folder completely, i also made sure the sims 4 folder was under program files (x86) and that's it, idk if this helps but the previous packs i downloaded them all together from the 'all in one' zip this one
Thanks for the reply, I think I'm just gonna download that zip file you sent since they included get famous. Hopefully that will work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 17:54

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Also, to those users above who asked about Mac OS compatibility: we cannot give any official Support on Mac OS, however, I am in touch with a person who could maybe help us out with these wrappers. If anything results from that, we will let you all know. But right now, please take note that these downloads and install guides are written from the perspective of Windows OS.

Thank you very much for at least looking into it. Fingers crossed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 17:58

Princesstomato wrote:
SuperLisa wrote:
Princesstomato wrote:THANKS SO MUCH. I'm seeding as we speak. 

I'm trying to get it to work on a macbook, using crossover. I'm sadly running into some problems. The game will start and then crash during the logo. I'm thinking it's probably a problem with crossover, just like we, apple people,  couldn't use cats and dogs when it first came out since we needed to all update our bottles / wrappers etc. 

I'm sadly not skilled enough to figure out the problem. I tried to start it up on a windows 7 64bit system, since I read that the system requirements for get famous are 64 bit. 

This is the error message I get from crossover 
 p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'}
Command error text:
wine: Call from 0x7b42cb97 to unimplemented function api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll.PathCchCanonicalizeEx, aborting
wine: Unimplemented function api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll.PathCchCanonicalizeEx called at address 0x7b42cb97 (thread 0052), starting debugger...

Can anyone help? Sorry I feel so bad posting problems here, since everybody is so hyped up and happy!

I have the exact same issue with Wine on Linux.

So far I've been able to figure out that it may be related to not having VC2015 installed. Sorry, as a new user on the forums I can't post a link. Search for 'Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015' on the Microsoft website. If the URL has id=48145 in it, you've found the right one.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be an option for my particular setup, but if you manage to get that installed in your Wine (aka Crossover) prefix, you might be able to play. Please let me know if installing it resolved your issue, as it would help me a lot to know.

@Admin: can you confirm that VC2015 is required for the cracked .exe to run?

Thanks for your response. So I had already tried downloading vc2015 and it didn't work. I decided to try again on a new bottle installing again the following things first: 
VCrun 2010,2012,2013,2015 and also the MSXML 3.0. I've tried it on Windows XP and also on windows 7 AND windows 7 64 bit. None of these options worked sadly. 

I've tried both the exe. and exe. 64 bit file and also tried putting it in the 86/ folder on the 64 bit bottle. So i've basically been trying all of those possible combination and nothing works. 

Hope this helps and we can find a solve!!!!!! Haha i'm so desperate to play the expansion.
Hello! Did you try to install the vc2015 via Winetricks?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 18:27

I tried to download it to my google drive but it said the download has exceed its limit today.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Nov 2018, 19:06

metrice2121 wrote:I tried to download it to my google drive but it said the download has exceed its limit today.

Did you also "make a copy" of the imported file? That needs to be done too. So the file you download is then named "Copy of The Sims 4 - Get Famous.7z".

Just importing the file and then immediately downloading is still going to give out the error about the exceeded quota. You also need to "make a copy". Please re-read the guide that I linked in the announcement, in case of doubt.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 19:08

Thanks its downlaoding now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 19:59

GamingAddictsAnonymous wrote:
Adotta wrote:
mikeh86 wrote:
Zieking wrote:I cant download it brings me to a site called Linkvertise help pls
Are you trying the direct / torrent / magnet?
I was trying to use magnet and it did the same. For all sims 4 download links actually.
Same.Why God. Not sure why that's happening.

I was FINALLY able to download! Try selecting and copying the link. Open new tab and paste in the web browser. Facepalm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 20:27

it takes some long to download on direct load
been at it since 11:30 am. using library wifi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 20:37

imcc wrote:

Hi! No I use crossover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 20:40

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

What would you tell a windows user to do? I might be able to implement it in some way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 20:42

animeker wrote:
The_gh0stm4n wrote:

What would you tell a windows user to do? I might be able to implement it in some way.
Also, is there supposed to be an EP06 folder in the DLC folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 20:48

Princesstomato wrote:
imcc wrote:

Hi! No I use crossover
Hi, I am having a similar problem with my wine, if you find a solution please share. I'm actively trying to find one.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Nov 2018, 20:49

animeker wrote:What would you tell a windows user to do? I might be able to implement it in some way.

There is no such error as the one you describe, in Windows OS. And if it's about "crash at startup", I would suggest looking at for example this here, or try using @anadius's The Sims 4 validator.

animeker wrote:
Also, is there supposed to be an EP06 folder in the DLC folder?

If you mean the one under __Installer/DLC, then yes.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 21:02

animeker wrote:
Princesstomato wrote:
imcc wrote:

Hi! No I use crossover
Hi, I am having a similar problem with my wine, if you find a solution please share. I'm actively trying to find one.

Hi! So i'm actually not good at computers at all, but I'm trying to problm solve as best as I can. So I've treid a few things, and come up with a few explanations, but I'm not able to do something with it. 

Things I've tried: 
- Create new bottles(in wine this is called wrappers) with different windows operating systems 
- Installed the game again using my backup sims files that I always keep before I add a new DLC or update. 
- Deleted the default.ini file from the games folder 
- Installed VCrun2015 
- Prayer

The angles that I've come up with are(maybe don't take these super serious since I don't know what I'm doing haha): 
- newer update for bottles/wrappers needed just like we needed with Cat's and Dogs, but I don't know what then is missing. How did we figure out we needed vcrun2010 and 2012 and 2013 for cat's and dogs as well as MSXML 3.0??? 
- maybe because of Get famous the spec requirement isn't matching our Macbooks anymore? I use a macbook air from 2015 which has run the game pretty well up until now, but it's really not the best computer for gaming. But I don't know how to check that well. 

I like that GHOSTMAN shared the link to problemsolving crashes/freezes list. So we should both read that and try what we can. I know there's multiple people with this issue on here, so as much as I hate the thought of keeping to ''spam'' this post I also think it's important information for others, so I don't feel like we should switch to Private message. But does this need a separate post maybe?? Ghostman, what do you think about this? I absolutely love this site and want to follow the rules!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Nov 2018, 21:04

It's not going to help the Mac OS people here directly, but here is part of the conversation I had with the person who might be able to help us out, at some point in the future. Not naming the person here of course, unless they come forward here themselves. This took place about a month ago.

Unknown wrote:
So, I'm sure you heard about the upcoming game patch that will use the newest version of python + the new game pack (celebrity something) in November. I think it would be better to wait for these changes to come along to see if it will affect how the game will behave on wine and if more adjustments will have to be made for the new mac os (mojave) as well. 
I have been trying to build a faster/more reliable wrapper for the sims 3, so that is taking almost all of my "hobby" time. The wrapper used on the sims 3 (cider) it's old and does not use any of the newest features more recent wrappers have. I'm also trying to trick the wrapper to use 4 GB of memory like it does when playing on PCs, since ts3 only use 2 GB on mac.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 21:50

animeker wrote:
Princesstomato wrote:
imcc wrote:

Hi! No I use crossover
Yes! Of course. I've tried so many things so far and nothing. But i'll see if an discover anything and share here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 22:11

The_gh0stm4n wrote:It's not going to help the Mac OS people here directly, but here is part of the conversation I had with the person who might be able to help us out, at some point in the future. Not naming the person here of course, unless they come forward here themselves. This took place about a month ago.

Unknown wrote:
So, I'm sure you heard about the upcoming game patch that will use the newest version of python + the new game pack (celebrity something) in November. I think it would be better to wait for these changes to come along to see if it will affect how the game will behave on wine and if more adjustments will have to be made for the new mac os (mojave) as well. 
I have been trying to build a faster/more reliable wrapper for the sims 3, so that is taking almost all of my "hobby" time. The wrapper used on the sims 3 (cider) it's old and does not use any of the newest features more recent wrappers have. I'm also trying to trick the wrapper to use 4 GB of memory like it does when playing on PCs, since ts3 only use 2 GB on mac.
Okay, so I guess I will have to wait, while still trying to fix it myself. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 22:14

Princesstomato wrote:
animeker wrote:
Princesstomato wrote:
imcc wrote:

Hi! No I use crossover

Hi! So i'm actually not good at computers at all, but I'm trying to problm solve as best as I can. So I've treid a few things, and come up with a few explanations, but I'm not able to do something with it. 

Things I've tried: 
- Create new bottles(in wine this is called wrappers) with different windows operating systems 
- Installed the game again using my backup sims files that I always keep before I add a new DLC or update. 
- Deleted the default.ini file from the games folder 
- Installed VCrun2015 
- Prayer

The angles that I've come up with are(maybe don't take these super serious since I don't know what I'm doing haha): 
- newer update for bottles/wrappers needed just like we needed with Cat's and Dogs, but I don't know what then is missing. How did we figure out we needed vcrun2010 and 2012 and 2013 for cat's and dogs as well as MSXML 3.0??? 
- maybe because of Get famous the spec requirement isn't matching our Macbooks anymore? I use a macbook air from 2015 which has run the game pretty well up until now, but it's really not the best computer for gaming. But I don't know how to check that well. 

I like that GHOSTMAN shared the link to problemsolving crashes/freezes list. So we should both read that and try what we can. I know there's multiple people with this issue on here, so as much as I hate the thought of keeping to ''spam'' this post I also think it's important information for others, so I don't feel like we should switch to Private message. But does this need a separate post maybe?? Ghostman, what do you think about this? I absolutely love this site and want to follow the rules!
Sounds good, I don't think there should be pms. This is also where we will reach the most amount of people. I've been keeping an Eye on the mac os section and so far no problem for this has been brought up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 01:14

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Everybody having difficulties with the new advertiser we are using ("I can't find any download links!!!1111"), click on "Weiter" or "Continue" first. Then you should see a counter starting from 15 seconds, and going down to 0. 

After that click on "Weiter zu Download" or "Weiter zur Website". Sometimes it also shows "Continue to Website".

For me, the advertiser sometimes alternates between English and German, which is strange, but OK. It's maybe slightly trickier to figure out what to do compared to the "skip ad" from the adfly, but shouldn't be a big deal either once you find out how to do it. We have already removed a large number of the adfly links on here, and replaced them with this new "Linkvertise"-service.

Also, to those users above who asked about Mac OS compatibility: we cannot give any official Support on Mac OS, however, I am in touch with a person who could maybe help us out with these wrappers. If anything results from that, we will let you all know. But right now, please take note that these downloads and install guides are written from the perspective of Windows OS.
 I  realized for me the problem was that the counter sometimes wouldn't start, it gets stuck on 15 and never counts down. I think it might happen if you scroll or something before it starts counting down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 02:37

I finally started playing it and everything was running smoothly but every time I try to join my sim to her work for the acting career, the loading screen never stops loading. I’ve left it for like an hour but still it kept on loading. Since then I’d just send my sim alone but then I tried to go to another lot and yet again, the same thing happened. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top