Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This app can't run on your PC" for 'Get Famous'.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"This app can't run on your PC" for 'Get Famous'. Empty "This app can't run on your PC" for 'Get Famous'.

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2018, 14:33

"This app can't run on your PC" for 'Get Famous'. Untitl10

I've successfully installed the new Get Famous pack and followed all the instructions. The Seasons pack has worked perfectly before and I've never encountered this problem before. Tried downloading just the 'Game' folder from the links you've provided and I've searched the Internet for other solutions but nothing had ever worked. Help, please? I'm really at a loss on what to do. The game always worked perfectly for me before and I just don't know what happened with this  Crying or Very sad 

(My computer runs on x64 and both versions of the .exe files appear like this.)

Back to top Go down

"This app can't run on your PC" for 'Get Famous'. Empty Re: "This app can't run on your PC" for 'Get Famous'.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 20 Nov 2018, 15:50

anzujie wrote:"This app can't run on your PC" for 'Get Famous'. Untitl10

I've successfully installed the new Get Famous pack and followed all the instructions. The Seasons pack has worked perfectly before and I've never encountered this problem before. Tried downloading just the 'Game' folder from the links you've provided and I've searched the Internet for other solutions but nothing had ever worked. Help, please? I'm really at a loss on what to do. The game always worked perfectly for me before and I just don't know what happened with this  Crying or Very sad 

(My computer runs on x64 and both versions of the .exe files appear like this.)

Hello,

Assuming you have Windows 10 (I guess you do)...did you ever configure exclusions for Windows Defender? Or better yet, turn Windows Defender off:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

Do you have any other antivirus/antimalware software besides that? If yes, double-check exclusions again. A lot of these programs are still 'triggered' when you move or copy files around.

When you extracted the .7z archive file, did it show any errors?

At the end, please re-copy and re-paste the "Game"-folder from the .7z download, into your game install path. Overwrite all existing files of course, then re-start the game. See how it goes from there. Good luck! 

Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

"This app can't run on your PC" for 'Get Famous'. Empty Re: "This app can't run on your PC" for 'Get Famous'.

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2018, 18:37

I followed what you said and it finally worked! Thank you so much!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top