Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Famous DLC not working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Get Famous DLC not working  Empty Get Famous DLC not working

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2019, 18:55

Today I decided to go ahead and download the Games of the World Sims 4 packs as I’m too broke to purchase what I don’t have! Everything went mostly good and the instructions were super helpful.

However I have one problem. Get Famous isn’t there and just shows download when hovering. I saw in another post that someone had the same issue with Cats and Dogs and she was instructed to copy one folder and it was fixed. What folder needs to be copied for Get Famous or do I need to copy/install the entire Get Famous pack.

Thanks for your help! Again best guide for downloading. I think I just missed something.

Back to top Go down

Get Famous DLC not working  Empty Re: Get Famous DLC not working

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2019, 19:13

Run the validator (in quick scan mode) and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jan 2019, 05:45

Done!

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jan 2019, 07:39

I tried copying the files to fix but it didn't work so here is another validation report

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jan 2019, 13:27

You simply didn't install Get Famous.

1. Delete those folders:
Gamecd
Gamefs
Gamegf
Gameja
Gamelds
Gamemfp
Gameph
Games
GP02\Game

2. Install Get Famous: https://www.games4theworld.club/t34390-the-sims-4-get-famous-out-now-version-1-47-49-1020

3. Delete "Game" folder.

4. Install Update 1.48.94.1020: https://www.games4theworld.club/t34601-the-sims-4-update-version-1-48-94-1020-out-now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Jan 2019, 19:11

I did everything as asked and re-installed the packs and up date. I'm confused.

Is it worth un-zipping the packs again with my virus control disabled?

Or is there some other problem?

I did another validation report.

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Jan 2019, 19:29

1. Why did you delete folders GP01-GP06 and SP01-SP14? Nobody told you to do it.

2. You didn't install Get Famous. It's in "The Sims 4 - Get Famous.7z" file that weights 8.04GB.

3. You didn't install Update 1.48.94.1020. It's in "TS4_Update_1-48-94-1020.7z" file that weights 5.11GB.

You deleted all your Game Packs and Stuff Packs so at this point just start installing all DLCs again... https://www.games4theworld.club/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Jan 2019, 23:06

I don't understand.Those folders are on the computer, I just looked, they weren't deleted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Jan 2019, 23:10

But there are no DLC files inside. Just the language files (Strings_*.package).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2019, 00:11

And I just checked in the Sims and they are all there exceot Get Famous. All the packs/DLCs are there except that one so I don't understand what's happened.

I'll try to go back and install from the start later today.

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Feb 2019, 16:26

buffystar wrote:And I just checked in the Sims and they are all there except Get Famous (...)

You 'just checked'...where? You mean those small DLC icons that are on the main menu in TS4? If nothing has changed with regards to your previous validator results, you aren't going to be able to play this game.

And in that case it doesn't matter what these icons show. They are really just there as a marketing-psychological tool, to entice players to buy those DLC that "are not [yet] lit up on the main menu"...

Also, if you are completely new to this, it would have been advisable to grab the all-in-one or to use the anadius-installers straight away, as is stated in the bold green notice at the beginning of the guide here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top