Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Get Famous not working after update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Get Famous not working after update Empty The Sims 4 Get Famous not working after update

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2018, 02:42

Hey guys,

I've read through the forum on this issue and none of the solutions have worked so far for me. I just downloaded both the Get Famous and the update, followed the installation process for Get Famous and then applied the update. When I load the game (I tried using both .exe files from the bin folder) I get the blank screen when the game first comes up and then it closes. I don't even reach the EA screen.

I'm pretty tech savy and have been installing your downloads for the sims all the way back from the sims 3, and I've never had an issue before.

I've re-unzipped, no antivirus except windows defender (download folder and c:/ folder added as exceptions, unactivated while downloading and unzipping), I've never had Origin installed, deleted the game folder before copying, etc.

Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Get Famous not working after update Empty Re: The Sims 4 Get Famous not working after update

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2018, 09:56

Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and move The Sims 4 folder to desktop. If that doesn't solve the problem, run the validator and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Get Famous not working after update Empty Re: The Sims 4 Get Famous not working after update

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2018, 00:58

I tried moving it to the desktop, still not working. Here's the validator results:

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2018, 11:07

You know that to use G4TW releases you need to have previous ones? You clearly didn't install all of them:
delta/ep01/magalog.package file was added in Get Together and updated in Toddlers update
delta/ep02/magalog.package file was added in Toddlers Stuff
delta/sp13/magalog.package file was added in My First Pet Stuff

Those three are small, I can just pack them and send to you. But you're also missing base game files:
data/client/clientfullbuild0.package
data/client/clientfullbuild1.package
data/client/clientfullbuild2.package
data/client/clientfullbuild3.package
data/client/clientfullbuild4.package
data/client/clientfullbuild5.package
data/client/clientfullbuild6.package
data/client/clientfullbuild7.package
data/client/clientfullbuild8.package

I don't know what you've done to them. I see you have uninstaller so you did install the game.

How to fix

1. Move your game to C:\Program Files\The Sims 4
2. Install base game again (it will install to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4)
3. Move those files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to C:\Program Files\The Sims 4:
data/client/clientfullbuild0.package
data/client/clientfullbuild1.package
data/client/clientfullbuild2.package
data/client/clientfullbuild3.package
data/client/clientfullbuild4.package
data/client/clientfullbuild5.package
data/client/clientfullbuild6.package
data/client/clientfullbuild7.package
data/client/clientfullbuild8.package

4. Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
5. Extract files I sent you in private message
6. Extract "data/client/strings_dan_dk.package" again from "TS4_Update_1-47-51-1020.7z"

Now you should have up-to-date game with only Get Famous DLC. Tell me if that was your goal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top